skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Aston Cantlow" "Aston Cantlow", Source type: Secondary sources, Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 16 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    16 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 16 View more View all

    Parishes Aston Cantlow [ Plan of Aston Cantlow church ]

    Aston Cantlow ASTON CANTLOW Acreage: 4,894. Population: 1911, 896; 1921, 878; 1931, 820. Aston Cantlow is an extensive parish, about 51/2 miles from north-west to south-east, stretching across the valley of the Alne . The main village, consisting of a

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Maxstoke

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Maxstoke 15. THE PRIORY OF MAXSTOKE Sir William de Clinton, afterwards earl of Huntingdon , in the year 1330 purchased the advowson of the parish church of Maxstoke , valued at 8 marks

    Parishes Bearley

    Parishes Bearley BEARLEY Acreage: 998. Population: 1911, 211; 1921, 174; 1931, 156. The parish of Bearley is bounded on the north by Wootton Wawen and Langley , on the east by Snitterfield , and on the south and west

    Parishes Bentley

    Parishes Bentley BENTLEY Acreage: 1,967. Population: 1911, 272; 1921, 253; 1931, 257. The hamlet and chapelry of Bentley , which is separated from Shustoke by the parish of Over Whitacre , forms a narrow strip 31/2 miles from north-east

    List of illustrations

    List of illustrations LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS Page Wall-painting at the White Swan Hotel , Stratford-on-Avon Frontispiece Map of Barlichway Hundred plate, facing 5 Alcester : Plan of the Town 8 " Town Hall, from Butter Street plate, facing 8

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Studley

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Studley 16. THE PRIORY OF STUDLEY About the beginning of the reign of Henry II Peter Corbezon (afterwards called Peter de Studley from his changed residence) transferred to Studley a priory of Austin

    The hundreds of Warwickshire

    The hundreds of Warwickshire THE HUNDREDS OF WARWICKSHIRE At the time of the Norman Conquest the county of Warwick was divided into ten hundreds whose names, as given in the Domesday Book, were 'Berricestone', 'Bomelau', 'Coleshelle', 'Fernecumbe', 'Fexhole', 'Honesberie',

    Parishes Billesley BILLESLEY HALL Sketch Plan

    Parishes Billesley BILLESLEY Acreage: 822. Population: 1911, 48; 1921, 53; 1931, 58. Billesley is a small parish on the north side of the Stratford-Alcester road . It appears to have been a place of some importance in early times,

    Parishes Spernall

    Parishes Spernall SPERNALL Acreage: 1,110. Population: 1911, 55; 1921, 59; 1931, 49. Spernall parish is bounded, approximately, by the River Arrow on the west and on the east by the Alne Hills . The ground rises from 178 ft.

    Parishes Temple Grafton HILLBOROUGH TEMPLE GRAFTON Sketch plan

    Parishes Temple Grafton TEMPLE GRAFTON Acreage: 2,050 (2,034 land, 16 water). Population: 1911, 377; 1921, 314; 1931, 370. The parish of Temple Grafton lies on the ridge north of the Avon , which forms its southern and southeastern boundary.

    Parishes Haselor [ Plan of Haselor church ]

    Parishes Haselor HASELOR Acreage: 2,308. Population: 1911, 223; 1921, 215; 1931, 207. The parish of Haselor lies between Alcester and Stratford , bounded on the north-east by the River Alne . The main village consists of a long street

    Parishes Ipsley [ Plan of Ipsley church ]

    Parishes Ipsley IPSLEY Acreage: 2,367. Population: 1911, 907; 1921, 934; 1931, 1296. This parish lies on the borders of Warwickshire and Worcestershire , to which latter county belonged part of the hamlet of Crabbs Cross in the south-west of

    Parishes Studley GORCOTT HALL LOWER SKILTS, STUDLEY Sketch plan [ Plan of Studley church ]

    Parishes Studley STUDLEY Acreage: 4,305. Population: 1911, 3,019; 1921, 3,147; 1931, 3,072. Studley is a large parish, roughly rectangular in shape, and surrounded on the north, east, and west by hills rising to about 500 ft. The River Arrow

    Parishes Fillongley

    Parishes Fillongley FILLONGLEY Acreage: 4,760. 1 Population: 1911, 1,425; 1921, 1,408; 1931, 1,363. The parish is bounded on the north by the Bourne River , a tributary of the River Tame , and on the west by two small

    Parishes Great Alne

    Parishes Great Alne GREAT ALNE Acreage: 1,764. Population: 1911, 363; 1921, 376; 1931, 363. The parish of Great Alne stretches from the north bank of the River Alne up to the top of the ridge, known as the Alne

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Churches and charities Plan of Stratford-on-Avon Church Plan of Gild Chapel, Stratford-on-Avon

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Churches and charities Churches The parish church of the HOLY TRINITY has no definite evidence of the 12th century, unless the roundheaded windows in the tower be accepted as such, but the influence of the

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.