skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Aston" "Aston", Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 391 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    391 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Shifford Education

    12 pupils, continued in 1854 but had evidently lapsed by the 1860s . 64 By then children attended Aston National school. 65 Educ. Enq. Abstract , H.C. 62, p. 739 ( 1835 ), xlii; Ch. and Chapel, 1851 , no.

    Aston and Cote Education

    Aston and Cote Education EDUCATION. By deeds of 1709 and 1713 ratified under his will Thomas Horde (d. 1715) charged lands in Aston manor with £6 a year to teach 20 poor children of Aston and Cote to read the

    Parishes Aston

    Parishes AstonASTON Easttun, Estone (xi cent.); Aschton, Estona (xiii cent.). The parish of Aston has an acreage of 2,070 acres, of which 1, 0073/4 are arable land, 6483/4 acres permanent grass and 1221/4 acres wood. 1 The height of

    Parishes White Ladies Aston

    White Ladies Aston WHITE LADIES ASTON Eastun, Estun (xi cent.); Eston (xii and xiii cent.); Bishop's Aston , Aston Episcopi (xiv cent.); Bysshopusaston, Byshoppes Aston (xv cent.); Aston Episcopi, Whiteladiaston (xvi cent.). The parish of White Ladies Aston lies to

    Avening Charities for the poor

    THE POOR. One of the John Drivers of Aston gave £50, the interest to be used to bind apprentices, and a further £100 was added by Elizabeth Coxe by the same gift which established her educational charity. The money was

    Aston and Cote Local government

    settled reportedly in the lord of Aston 's favour, but in the later 17th century the Bampton court retained some jurisdiction and habitually fined Aston inhabitants for failure to scour watercourses. 82 The Aston court seems by the later 15th

    Chimney Education

    the former chapel at Chimney c . 1600, 60 but no later references have been found. Children in the 19th century attended Aston school . 61 P.R.O., E 134/ 1656-7 /Hil. 20, m. 3. Above, Aston and Cote , educ.

    Aston and Cote Charities for the poor

    Aston and Cote Charities for the poor CHARITIES FOR THE POOR. Leonard Wilmot 's charity 6 included 13 s . 4 d . a year to the poor of Aston and Cote , received in the late 17th century and,

    Aston and Cote Economic history

    Aston and Cote Economic history ECONOMIC HISTORY. Aston and Cote shared a field system apparently by 1239 , when demesne granted with the manor included 55 a. in North field, 64 a. in South field, and 24 a. in East

    Aston and Cote Introduction Aston and Cote c. 1770

    Aston and Cote Introduction ASTON AND COTE ASTON AND COTE township (2,997 a.) adjoined the parish boundary on the north and south. 14 Parts of its eastern and south-eastern boundaries were described in 10 th- and 11th-century grants of adjacent

    Parishes Aston Tirrold

    Parishes Aston Tirrold ASTON TIRROLD Estone, Extona (xi cent.); Eston (xiii cent.); Aston (xiii-xiv cent.); Aston Torald, Thorold, Thurroll 1 (xv-xvi cent.); Austenthorold (xvi cent.). Aston Tirrold lies on the southern edge of the fertile valley which crosses the county

    Aston and Cote Manors and other estates

    increased to £30worth in 1239 3 and known later as the manor of ASTON BAMPTON , ASTON POGGES , or ASTON BOUGES . Though chiefly in Aston and Cote it later included land in Weald , perhaps part of the

    Aston and Cote Church

    Aston and Cote Church CHURCH. A church was built in Aston in 1838 on land given by Henry Hippisley , the cost met from subscriptions and from funds invested by C. L. Kerby , vicar of Bampton , and his

    Parishes Ilmer

    a member of it, Aston Bernard or Aston Mullins in Dinton . 9 Aston is not, however, invariably mentioned among the Fitz Bernards' lands here, 10 and in 1371 it was found that the manor of Aston was, and always

    Parishes Aston Rowant ASTON ROWANT AND KINGSTON BLOUNT C. 1800

    Aston , Chalford , and Copcourt can be obtained. Tenants of Aston manor held open-field land in both Aston and in Chalford liberty, and the openfield land of Chalford was clearly by this time regarded as a part of

    Houses of Cistercian nuns Priory of Whistones

    showing the endowment to have included 51 acres of arable land and 2 acres of meadow at Aston Episcopi, or White Ladies' Aston , together with the tithes of the demesne lands at Northwick ( Worcester ) and Newland (

    Hemlingford hundred Introduction

    death to Sir Thomas Aston of Aston in the county of Cheshire , the husband of Sir Henry 's only daughter Ann. Sir Thomas Aston died in 1645 and was succeeded by his son Sir Wilughby Aston , on whose

    Hospitals St Thomas , Birmingham

    hospital of St. Thomas , by Thomas de Maidenhacche and William de Birmingham , of 10 acres of heath in Aston , and by Ranulph de Rokeby of 3 acres of land in Saltley . 2 On 20 December, 1310

    Shifford Manor

    elsewhere became attached to the manor. Roger d'Oilly gave 2 yardlands in Aston before 1142, and his son Roger another yardland before 1180; 69 6 yardlands in Aston and 4 in East Weald (later Claywell ) in Ducklington , held

    Cherington Education

    Coxe , widow of John Driver of Aston , of £50 for a school to teach poor children the principles of religion, was secured by Thomas Stephens of Gloucester . By will dated 1721 he devised in trust the tenement

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.