skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Alveston" "Alveston", Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 22 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    22 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Alveston

    AlvestonALVESTON Acreage: 2,887. Population: 1911, 905; 1921, 1,034. The parish of Alveston lies to the east of Stratford , between the Avon and the Banbury road , and is bounded on the west by Charlecote , Loxley , and

    Parishes Wasperton

    to the vicar of Alveston , and to the vicar of Wasperton £400, the interest to be distributed to eight poor men or women of Hampton Lucy and to four poor men or women of Alveston and Wasperton who should

    List of illustrations

    " " The Chancel " " " Misericords " 273 " " The Gild Chapel " 276 " " " " Plan 276 Alveston Old Church : Exterior, from the South-west plate facing 286 " " Monument of Nicholas Lane

    Barlichway hundred

    own court as late as the middle of the 17th century. The townships which owed suit to this court were Alveston , Clopton , Fulbrook , Hatton , Luddington , Shottery , Ullenhall , Bishopton , Ruin Clifford , Henley-in-Arden

    Parishes Snitterfield [ Plan of Snitterfield church ]

    use of the poor. The legacy was invested in the purchase of a meadow containing 2 acres or thereabouts in Alveston . The land is now let on a yearly tenancy at a rent of £4 10 s ., which

    Parishes Chadshunt

    James Newsham Craggs died in Flanders in 1769 , 25 and on 7 March 1772 his kinsman, Newsham Peers of Alveston , co. Warws., agreed to purchase the Earl of Ilchester 's interest for £22,293 15 s . 5 d

    Parishes Hampton Lucy

    due south, near to Hatton Rock Farm, whence it continues as a field t rack down to the Avon at Alveston Ford . On the right, at the point where it enters the fields is a hollow, known locally as

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Introduction and architectural description

    5 which was presumably the Roman road (now the road to Banbury ) and formed also the south-western boundary of Alveston . 6 Bishopton , to the north-west of Stratford , is described in 1016 as lying between Shottery and

    Parishes Loxley

    the Stratford road is a lane branching westwards, which later becomes a field path leading straight across the parish to Alveston Pasture. As two of the fields along its course are called Portway 7 it is presumably of some antiquity,

    Parishes Henley-in-Arden

    in Henley . William Randoll by will dated 11 April 1642 gave a legacy with which land was bought in Alveston , Tiddington , and Hampton , the rent of which was applied in setting out poor children as apprentices.

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Borough

    increased the numbers to 7 aldermen and 18 councillors. 230 Under the Ministry of Health Order of 1924 by which Alveston was included within the borough, the corporate body now consists of a mayor, 8 aldermen, and 21 councillors. 231

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Churches and charities Plan of Stratford-on-Avon Church Plan of Gild Chapel, Stratford-on-Avon

    side, seems to have been effected at Stratford with comparative smoothness. Both John Trapp and John Dowley , vicar of Alveston , who had also signed the petition of 1648, conformed in 1662 . The new vicar, John Ward ,

    Houses of Benedictine monks Abbey of Pershore

    issued instructions for the constable of Bristol to allow the convent twelve trees ( fusta ) from the forest of Alveston for the repair of their church and buildings, similar contributions being laid on the forest of Feckenham and forest

    Houses of Austin canons The abbey of Darley

    the parishioners of Crich will be referred to under that parish. The differences between the parishioners of the chapelry of Alveston and the canons as rectors of St. Michael 's, Derby , relative to the repair of the chancel and

    The City of Coventry The outlying parts of Coventry : Coundon

    the outbuildings about 1900 and a new farmhouse built. The only survival from the old hamlet at Coundon Court is Alveston Cottage, now the gardener's cottage to Coundon Lodge . This is of two bays and is timber-framed with a

    Houses of Benedictine monks Priory of St Mary , Worcester

    the altar on the dedication day of the church, built to the pious memory of Blessed Oswald, the manor of Alveston in Warwickshire , recovered from the Conqueror at great labour and cost, and now applied to the maintenance of

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Historical account

    ce there are bells bearing the mark of Richard Sanders in the church, dated 1717 and 1733, and one at Alveston cast in 1729 . The later 18th century was here a time of general depression; in 1769 the corporation

    Parishes Charlton Adam Charlton Adam and Charlton Mackrell , 1810

    Redland , Bristol . 201 The daughter of the last, Mary Anne , married W. N. Tonge (d. 1844) of Alveston (Glos.) in 1804 . 202 They were succeeded in turn by their sons A. H. Tonge (d. 1867) and

    Parishes Aston Cantlow [ Plan of Aston Cantlow church ]

    and again in 1809 . 209 During the 1830's the advowson was bought by the Rev. Francis Fortescue -Knottesford of Alveston manor, 210 whose grandson, the Rev. J. N. KnottesfordFortescue, the present vicar of Wilmcote , has been, since 1935,

    Parishes Stoke Lyne STOKE LYNE

    until his death in 1731 . 116 His daughter Susannah was his heir. She married Lt.- Col. Newsham Peers of Alveston (Warws.), 117 who was holding the manor in the 1730's. 118 He was killed in 1743 at the Battle

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.