skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Admaston" "Admaston", Source type: Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 16 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    16 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 16 View more View all

    Wrockwardine Nonconformity

    50 and at Wrockwardine in 1823 . 51 Wesleyans met at Allscott between 1828 and 1836 . 52 Wrockwardine and Admaston both joined the Wrockwardine Wood Primitive Methodist circuit in 1840 . 53 No nonconformists were meeting in 1851 .

    Wrockwardine Education

    a boys' school at Admaston (still open in 1879 ) and girls' schools at Admaston and Wrockwardine . 86 In 1870 there was a private girls' school at Allscott 87 and in 1885 another at Admaston . 88 From 1891

    Wrockwardine Local government and public services

    of Felons was formed between 1814 and 1818 . 57 Admaston sewage works serving that village was built 1911-12 . 58 About 1933 piped water was brought from Wellington to Admaston , Bratton , and Wrockwardine . 59 The Rushmoor

    Wrockwardinew Late 17th- Century Wrockwardine

    1856 ) a railway halt led to the emergence of Admaston as a small, locally fashionable centre, and several large houses of the 18th and 19th century, such as Admaston Hall , Oaklands , and Donnerville, bear witness to that

    Wrockwardine Economic history

    with Charlton 's northern open field. 60 There were other areas of open-field land east of Allscott , north of Admaston , 61 and between Burcot , Orleton , and Cluddley . 62 In Charlton the three main fields surrounded

    Wrockwardine Church

    , dissatisfied with the ministry and witness of the vicar in the 1950s , 23 began to hold meetings in Admaston , and in 1957 she devised St. Christopher's Hall there for Christian work. She had built the hall c

    Wellington Communications Wellington the civil parish 1884-94 , with later c.p. boundaries to 1974 Wellington and Wrockwardine Roads c. 1770 Roads, Railways, And Canals Around Wellington : The Mid 19th Century

    west from the north end of Church Street , with a northward branch across Bullocks bridge 44 called Admaston Way (later Admaston Road ) and a southward called Orleton Way 45 (later Orleton Lane ). Branches from the Wellington-Shawbirch road

    Wellington Public services

    also piped from the east side of the town into Haybridge brook. In 1898 those arrangements were superseded by the Admaston disposal works in Dothill township. 4 The Dothill works was later replaced by the new Rushmoor works (in Wrockwardine

    Wrockwardine Manors and other estates

    by 1074 , was tenant in chief by 1086 , and the manor contained 7½ berewicks, 75 which probably included Admaston , Allscott , Burcot , Charlton , Cluddley , Leaton , Nash , and Orleton . 76 It has

    Telford The Area Around Wellington Telford in the early 1980s

    back from the edges'. 23 The Basic Plan 24 had assigned areas of agricultural or derelict land around Wellington and Admaston , north of Hadley , and north and east of Oakengates and St. George's , for housing in five

    Index A-J

    Vct. Addison, Addison , H. & S., Addison , Hen., & Co., Adey , C. W., Admaston (in Wrockwardine ) , Admaston Hall , Admaston Ho ., clubs and societies, community centre, dom. archit., Donnerville, farms, geol., housing, librs., name,

    Index K-Z

    fevers, paratyphoid, venereal, health, boards of, health (sanitary) insp., hospitals, plate medical supplies, see industries, etc. nursing, physicians, spa, see Admaston surgeons, n , n wells, healing, and see Miners' Welfare Fund; Public Health Act Melling ( Lancs .) ,

    Houses of Augustinian canons The priory of St Thomas near Stafford

    Amerton , Drointon , Grindley (in Stowe-by-Chartley ), Newton , Lea , Acton Trussell , Hopton , Shredicote, Whitgreave , Admaston (in Blithfield), Rickerscote , Lichfield , Bishton , Oulton , Marchington (in Hanbury ), Bednall , Walton-on-the-Hill , and

    Domesday Book To 1300 LAND VALUES 1066 BY AREA LAND VALUES 1066 BY VILL MEDIEVAL FORESTS DISTRIBUTION OF WOOD AND TIMBER FROM LYTHWOOD AND SHIRLETT 1232 - 1300 MEDIEVAL MARKETS AND FAIRS distribution, and date of grant of foundation or other first mention, by decade ATCHAM c. 1790

    between Shrewsbury and Newport : the Watling Street with steep gradients at Overley Hill , and the Port Way via Admaston and Shawbirch . 5 The great importance of Shropshire roads in the cattle droving season is illustrated by the

    Index A-J

    assarts, bailiffs, dairying, holdings, peasant, inc., livestock and pastoral farming, man., mkt. and fair, pks., Shavington , q.v . vegetables, Admaston (in Wrockwardine ), Donnerville, Adstone (in Wentnor ), advowry , tenants in, Aethelgar (fl. before 1066), affers , see

    Index K-Z

    see Combermere abbey Wright : Hugh, fam., Wrockwardine , n , n , n , Wrockwardine Hall , and see Admaston ; Allscott ; Leaton ; Orleton ; Overley Hill ; Pain's Lane; Wrockwardine Wood Wrockwardine Wood (in Wrockwar dine),

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.