skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Acton Burnell" "Acton Burnell", Resource: Victoria County History, Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 34 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    34 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Sources used and abbreviations

    Sources used and abbreviations LIST OF CLASSES OF DOCUMENTS IN THE PUBLIC RECORD OFFICE USED IN THIS VOLUME WITH THEIR CLASS NUMBERS Chancery Proceedings C1 Early C2 Series I C47 Miscellanea C78 Decree Rolls C81 Warrants for the Great

    Accumulations and collections in the Shropshire Record Office used

    Accumulations and collections in the Shropshire Record Office used SELECT LIST OF ACCUMULATIONS AND COLLECTIONS IN THE SHROPSHIRE RECORD OFFICE USED IN THIS VOLUME Official Archives 207 Shropshire War Agricultural committees 294, 3898 Much Wenlock parish 356 Ludlow corporation

    Accumulations and collections in the Shropshire Record Office used

    Accumulations and collections in the Shropshire Record Office used SELECT LIST OF ACCUMULATIONS AND COLLECTIONS IN THE SHROPSHIRE RECORD OFFICE USED IN THIS VOLUME Official Archives Shropshire (formerly Salop ) County Council 119 Miscellanea 262, 1334, 2979 Education Department

    Longville, Lushcott , and part of East Wall

    Longville, Lushcott , and part of East Wall LONGVILLE, LUSHCOTT, AND PART OF EAST WALL The townships of Longville in the Dale and Lushcott , with part of East Wall (otherwise in Rushbury parish), formed a detached part (1,496

    Parishes Odell

    Parishes Odell ODELL PARISH Wadelle, Wadehelle (xi cent.); Wahull, Wodhull (xii-xiv cent.); Odyll (xv cent.); Odell , Woodhill alias Wahull (xvi cent.); Woodhill alias Odell or Odley (xviii, xix cent.). 1 Odell , a parish with an area of

    Hope Bowdler HOPE BOWDLER c. 1842

    Hope Bowdler HOPE BOWDLER Comprising the manors and townships of Hope Bowdler , Chelmick , and Ragdon , Hope Bowdler parish (1,730 a., 700 ha.) 11 lies 3 km. east-south-east of Little Stretton , mainly on the south-facing slopes

    Abdon ABDON c. 1800

    Abdon ABDON The sparsely populated rural parish of Abdon , comprising 1,263 a. 89 (511 ha.) until 1884, is 13 km. north-east of Ludlow on the western flank of Brown Clee . Much of its boundary, especially on the

    Wrockwardine Manors and other estates

    Wrockwardine Manors and other estates MANORS AND OTHER ESTATES. In 975 the southern boundary of Wrockwardine was called the 'king's boundary' 74 and the king retained the manor of WROCKWARDINE in 1066 . Roger of Montgomery , created earl

    Houses of Benedictine monks Priory of Great Malvern

    Houses of Benedictine monks Priory of Great Malvern 4. THE PRIORY OF GREAT MALVERN The priory of Great Malvern is stated in the Annales to have been founded in 1085 by Alwy, a monk. 1 William of Malmesbury narrates

    Parishes Owslebury

    Parishes Owslebury OWSLEBURY Oselbury (xiv. cent.); Owlesbury (xiv cent.). The parish of Owslebury consists of 22 acres of land covered with water and 5,412 acres of land which rises gradually from south to north, reaching the greatest height, with

    Parishes Wootton Wawen [ Plan of Wootton Wawen church ]

    Parishes Wootton Wawen WOOTTON WAWEN Acreage: 7,875. 1 Population: 1911, 1,959; 1921, 1,985; 1931, 2,264. Wootton Wawen is a large parish, about 7 miles long and 31/2 miles broad, including the hamlet of Ullenhall in the north-west and the

    Major buildings Cathedral and close

    Major buildings Cathedral and close CATHEDRAL AND CLOSE The foundation which became the abbey of St. Werburgh and eventually the cathedral church of Christ and the Blessed Virgin originated in the 10th century as an Anglo-Saxon minster. 1 As

    Parishes Finedon de Burgh . Gules seven lozenges vair . de Forz. Gules a cross paty vair . Bolbec. Vert a lion argent . Fitzwalter. Or a fesse between two cheverons gules . Mulsho. Ermine a bend sable with three goats' heads razed argent with horns or thereon. Dolben . Sable a helm between three broad arrow heads argent all pointing inwards . Greystock. Barry argent and azure three wreaths gules .

    Parishes Finedon FINEDON Tingdene, Thingdene (xi cent.); Thyngden, Tynden (xiii cent.); Thynden (xiv cent.); Thingdon (xvi cent.); Finedon (xviii cent.). The parish of Finedon contains 3,541 acres of land. It rises to a little over 300 ft. above the

    Cardington CARDINGTON c. 1840

    Cardington CARDINGTON About 1831 Cardington parish comprised the townships of Broome , Cardington , Chatwall and parts of Frodesley and Langley , Comley and part of Botvyle , Enchmarsh , part of Gretton , Lydley Hayes , Plaish ,

    Holdgate HOLDGATE , SHIPTON , AND STANTON LONG c. 1800

    Holdgate HOLDGATE The quiet parish of Holdgate , also called Castle Holdgate , 45 lies in Corve Dale 12 km. south-west of Much Wenlock and remote from main thoroughfares. It had c . 1,973 a. until 1883 and consisted

    Medieval Gloucester Trade and Industry 1327-1547 GLOUCESTER'S MARKET AREA c. 1400

    Medieval Gloucester Trade and Industry 1327-1547 Trade and Industry 1327-1547 In the late Middle Ages Gloucester continued to play a limited role in the import and export trade and enjoyed an apparently significant share of the down-river trade in

    Parishes Rotherhithe

    Parishes Rotherhithe ROTHERHITHE Retherhithe, Ruherhithe, Rotherethe, Rederith, Redrith, Redruth , Redryff, Redriff . The parish of Rotherhithe comprises the peninsula half encircled by the Thames between Bermondsey in Surrey and Deptford in Kent . The Lower Road connects it

    Parishes Clayton

    Parishes Clayton CLAYTON THE civil parish of Clayton was created in 1896 out of the townships of Clayton , Seabridge , and Clayton Griffith . 1 Clayton and Seabridge formed the western part of the parish of Stoke-upon-Trent ,

    The City of Leicester Political and administrative history, 1509-1660

    The City of Leicester Political and administrative history, 1509-1660 POLITICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY 1509-1660 Relations with the Central Government, p. 55. Taxation, p. 59. Parliamentary Representation, p. 60. Relations with the Duchy of Lancaster , p. 61. Relations with

    Rushbury RUSHBURY AND PART OF EATON - UNDER - HEYWOOD c. 1840

    Rushbury RUSHBURY Until 1883 Rushbury parish comprised 4,808 a. (1,946 ha.). 72 It contained the townships of Rushbury , Stone Acton , Wall under Heywood , and Wilderhope and Stanway (including Lutwyche). It also included part of East Wall

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.