skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Tugford, Source type: Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 21 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    21 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Tugford TUGFORD , THE HEATH , AND NORNCOTT 1770

    streams. 86 Tugford and Baucott had chapels in the early 12th century, 87 presumably for existing settlements. In the 13th century Great Tugford was distinct from Little Tugford . 88 Little Tugford was probably Nether (or Lower) Tugford , apparently

    The Heath

    the road used in the early 17th century by Tugford 's and Norncott's strakers 76 but was merely a footpath by 1833 . During the 19th century the part from Tugford to Lower Norncott also fell into disuse, but the

    Abdon ABDON c. 1800

    Sheppard of Baucott 1 (in Tugford ) seems to have been NEW HOUSE , 2 in a detachment of Tugford parish 3 a nd therefore perhaps the Abdon land acquired by Shrewsbury abbey, lord of Tugford , in the 12th

    List of plates

    Aerofilms Ltd., neg. A 96258 5 Shipton church. Photograph c . 1968 by Carl & Pat Jameson in S.P.L. 6 Tugford church. Photograph in S.P.L. 7 Eaton-under-Heywood church. Photograph by James Mallinson in S.P.L., neg. Mallinson 917 8 Hughley chancel

    List of maps and other figures

    Long c . 1800 " 136 13 Bouldon in 1844 " 149 14 Munslow c . 1840 " 152 15 Tugford , the Heath , and Norncott 1770. Based, except for Norncott, on S.P.L., MS. 2481, maps IX and X

    Bouldon BOULDON IN 1844

    92 and ceased to be a main road in 1879 . 93 From the village lanes ran via Broncroft and Tugford to Holdgate , via the Heath to Bridgnorth 94 and to Cockshutford , and to Clee St. Margaret (via

    Holdgate HOLDGATE , SHIPTON , AND STANTON LONG c. 1800

    a new benefice, Diddlebury with Bouldon , and the rest of Holdgate benefice was united to that of Tugford as Holdgate with Tugford , the bishop of Worcester to have the second turn, the bishop of Hereford the first, third,

    Munslow MUNSLOW c. 1840

    Univ. Libr., Mytton Papers, i. 198. Ibid. iv. 907. S.P.L., Deeds 7146, 9721; S.R.O. 1011, box 167, Tugford ct. r.; cf. below, Tugford , local govt. S.R.O., MS. 6865, p. 149. S.R.O. 1705/43 , s.a. (e.g.) 1692-3 , 1701, 1708;

    Accumulations and collections in the Shropshire Record Office used

    3573 Rushbury parish 3894 Monkhopton parish 3900 Easthope parish 3901 Stanton Long parish 3902 Shipton parish 4131 Holdgate parish 4132 Tugford parish 4190 Church Commissioners 4323 Hope Bowdler parish 4366 Stoke St. Milborough parish 4367 Clee St. Margaret parish 4427

    Houses of Benedictine monks Abbey of Shrewsbury

    lands at Boreton in Condover of the former church of St. Peter, the manors of Eyton , Emstrey , and Tugford , and eight churches: Baschurch , Berrington , Diddlebury , Hodnet , Morville , Great Ness , Stottesdon ,

    Stanton Long

    n 1593 , 44 but it had no separate court and by 1560 was subject to Hayward 's manor of Tugford . 45 Hayward 's widow Catherine still held the Stanton Long estate in 1617 , 46 but it was

    Religious Guild Ludlow , Palmers ' Guild

    Lady Chapel . If this was so he served alongside a chantry priest maintained by the borough. 33 William of Tugford , the chantry priest of Our Lady, c . 1362-93 , was not maintained by the guild, though frequently

    Introduction PART OF MUNSLOW HUNDRED c. 1831

    into upper Corve Dale , with Weston , Oxenbold, Stanton Long , Holdgate , the shrunken settlement of Thonglands , Tugford , and Bouldon on its broader side, south-east of the Corve; opposite, on the right bank of the Corve

    Index K-Z

    Tugford , see Tugford : Little Tugford Nevett , Sam., Nevill , Mary, m. Thos. Smith, Neville , Ralph de, bp. of Chichester , New Earswick , see Earswick , New New Farley , see Farley New House (in

    Index A-J

    Church Stretton Town F. C. , Church Stretton Water Co. , Church Stretton Waterworks Co. , Church Tugford , see Tugford : Great Tugford Churchman : Joan, w. of Ric., John, Jos., Mat., Osias, Ric., Rog., Thos. (?d. by 1593

    Monkhopton MONKHOPTON c. 1730

    5460/10 /2. SA 3766. Salop . Newsletter , xlv. 12-13. P.N. Salop . (E.P.N.S.), i. 209. Cf. above, Bouldon ; Tugford . Ho . of Lords papers 1641-2 , Protestations Oxon . and Salop . f. 196. S.R.O. 3765/2 ;

    Stoke St. Milborough STOKE ST. MILBOROUGH IN 1842 Stoke St. Milborough: The Church of St. Milborough

    Knyfton. 98 Maud and William sold the manor in 1591 to Thomas Littleton of Stoke Court and Edward Sheppard of Tugford (fl. 1608) as tenants in common. 99 Sheppard's son Edward, of Abcott , conveyed his moiety in 1614 to

    Domesday Book 1540-1750 CHURCH ASTON 1681

    Soc.' 49-56, 97, 277, 308, 373. T.S.A.S . 3rd ser. vi, pp. xviii-xix; Visit. Salop . 1623, i. 26-9. e.g. Tugford man.: Bodl., Craven dep. 64, deed of 1555; cf. Hist. Parl., Commons , 1558-1603 , ii. 284. Bodl., Craven

    Domesday Book 1300-1540 AGRICULTURAL DEPRESSION CAUSES ALLEGED IN 1341 TAXED WEALTH IN 1327

    and harvest failure, 20 tenants had left; at Stoke St. Milborough the land of 11 tenants lay fallow and at Tugford it was reported that the tenants did not cultivate their lands because of poverty and that six of them

    Domesday Book 1750-1875 MARKET DRAYTON AND LITTLE DRAYTON open fields c. 1780 PLAN & ELEVATION of a HOUSE and FARM OFFICES, at the DAY HOUSE ERECTED 1812-3 . DESIGN FOR A PART OF LABOURERS COTTAGES

    ; and Hopton Wafers : B. Botfield , Stem mata Botevilliana ( Westminster , 1858), pp. ccxlviii, ccli. Heath and Tugford : cf. S.R.O. 3651, parcel 17c, sched. of old deeds relating to ests. of C. O. ChildePemberton, pp. 151-9;

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.