skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Stewkley, Date from: 1700-01-01, Date to: 1799-12-31, Source type: Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 27 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    27 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Parishes Stewkley

    Parishes StewkleySTEWKLEY Stivelai (xi cent.), Stivelang, Stiuegleg, Stivell, Stivele, Stiveyleka, Stiucle, Stiuekelle, Stivecle (xiii cent.); Styngle, Stiveslegh (xiv cent.), Stukeliffe, Stukeley, Stewkeley (xv-xvi cent.). Stewkley is a parish of 3,982 acres, 654 of these being arable land and 3,213

    Parishes Laverstoke

    Shuck burghs. On the death of Sir John Shuckburgh in 1724 . Laverstoke passed to his son and heir Sir Stewkley Shuckburgh, 21 who sold the property for £9,500 to James Dawkins in 1754 . 22 In 1759 the latter

    Parishes Michelmersh

    remainder of the manor and park of Michelmersh . 27 Three days later he sold the same to Sir Thomas Stewkley of Hinton Ampner for a sum of £3,100. 28 Sir Thomas died in 1639 , and the manor passed

    Parishes Drayton Parslow

    end of the 12th century. 7 His son Ralph in 1222 granted the Abbot of Woburn common of pasture in Stewkley when the fields of Drayton on the south lay fallow each alternate year. In return the abbot gave Ralph

    Parishes Corhampton

    Sandys widow of William Lord Sandys , who in 1634 settled it upon her grandson John Stewkley , the younger son of Sir Thomas Stewkley by her only daughter and heir Elizabeth. 107 It remained in his possession until 1677,

    Parishes Carlton cum Willingham

    reversionary interest to Hugh Stewkley , a lawyer from Marsh (Som.). Stewkley bought out George Puttenham 's rights in 1559 . 66 Margaret died in 1569 , 67 but Dyer survived until 1582, 68 when Stewkley entered upon a moiety

    Parishes Great Raveley

    grant of the manors of Great Raveley , Sawtry , Luddington , Gidding and Rowey was made by Nicholas de Stewkley , Gilbert his brother, and Hugh de Castre to William, son of John Moyne of Raveley, chivaler, 28 the

    Parishes Newton Longville

    of Bletchley Junction station, lies at the crossing of the roads from Buckingham to Leighton Buzzard and from Bletchley to Stewkley . The part of the village north of the former road is known as London End and that on

    The University of Cambridge Chancellors

    d e Wetherset (recurs). 1361-2 Michael de Haynton. 1361-6 Michael de Causton. 1366-9 William de Gotham . 1369 Thomas de Stewkley , Abbot of Colchester . 1371 John de Donwich. 1373-4 Adam de Lakenheath . 1374 John de Donwich (recurs).

    Madingley Manors and other estates Madingley Hall

    accidentally in 1631 , leaving an infant daughter Jane. After Sir Edward himself died in 1633 , Agnes married John Stewkley , who despite claims by the Crown to Jane's wardship occupied the whole estate until the mid 1640s ,

    Parishes Upper and Lower Shuckburgh

    by Charles II in recognition of his father's services, 54 and the family estates have descended to Sir Charles Gerald Stewkley Shuckburgh, the 12th baronet. In 1353 Margaret, widow of Richard Hastang and heiress of the Dyve family who had

    Parishes Twyford with Charndon and Poundon

    Viscount Wenman . 90 Charities William Coleman , by his will, proved 7 July 1705 , charged an estate at Stewkley with an annuity of 11 s ., whereof 1 s . was to be retained by the churchwardens for

    Parishes Brinkley

    in Brinkley has been found. 44 In 1597 Thomas Stutville the younger sold to Thomas Stewkley c . 60 a. in Brinkley . 45 Stewkley at his death in 1639 held a messuage in Brinkley called NAWNEY with his manor

    Houses of Austin canons Abbey of Kenilworth

    together with the churches of Wormleighton , Harbury , Radford , and Budbrooke , Warwickshire , and the church of Stewkley , Buckinghamshire . The most important of other early grants were the church of Stoneleigh , by Henry I

    Parishes Penn

    Sir Henry Drury (d. 1640), with her figure, a shield and a lozenge charged with the arms of Drury impaling Stewkley , and two mantled and crested helms; and to John Penn , who died in 1641 , represented in

    Parishes Swanbourne

    named LE VEEL after its owner, to Robert atte Brome , clerk. 79 It was probably alienated with Littlecote in Stewkley (q.v.) by John Colewell and his wife Isabel in 1364 to Thomas de Missenden, 80 as Sir Edmund de

    Parishes Ashe

    issue in 1672 , when the manor passed to his only daughter and heir Catherine the wife of Sir Hugh Stewkley , bart., of Hinton Ampner . 61 Catherine the eldest daughter of Catherine and Hugh brought the manor in

    Parishes Thornborough

    of 20 acres the abbot undertook to maintain a priest in the chapel of St. Giles of Littlecote , 63 Stewkley . Biddlesden Abbey . Argent two bars with a quarter gules . In 1279 the holding of Biddlesden Abbey

    Parishes Wonston OLD RECTORY WONSTON

    to a settlement of the year 1600, to his son and heir Henry and Ursula his wife, daughter of Hugh Stewkley , 92 to whom Payne Fisher , probably son and heir of William Fisher and Anne his wife ,


    , Sir Geo ., and see Stewkley ; Stukeley stud farm , see horse breeding Stukeley: Nic. (d. by 1380 ), Sir Nic . (d. 1394), Sir Nic . (fl. 1408-48 ), and see Stewkley ; Stucley Stukeley , Gt.

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item


As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.