skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Staining, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 20 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    20 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Townships Hardhorn-with-Newton

    Newton and to the south Staining ; while near the south-eastern boundary is Todderstaffe Hall . The area is 2,651 1 acres and the population in 1901 numbered 597. A road leads north-west through Staining and Newton and then north

    Townships Carleton

    recorded a pedigree as 'of Carleton ' in 1567 46 ; but the manor was claimed by the Singletons of Staining , 47 in which family it descended for some time, 48 and is then lost to sight. The hall

    Houses of Cistercian monks The abbey of Whalley

    valuable lands were those of Staining , Billington , Rochdale , Stanney, and Cronton in the order given. Their manors were Stanney, Ashton , Acton , and Willington in Cheshire ; Whalley , Marland , Staining , Cronton , and

    The parish of Poulton -le-Fylde POULTON AND BISPHAM .

    do not seem to have disturbed this parish in any noteworthy manner. One of the minor gentry, Thomas Singleton of Staining , lost his life in 1643 in the cause of Charles I . The school at Rossall, though of

    House of Augustinian canons The abbey of Norton The Abbey of St. Mary , Norton

    and Ollerton and part of the tithes from his manors of Barrow , Guilden Sutton , Stanney, Raby , and Staining ( Lancs .). The income from the tithes formed over half the total revenues of the house in 1535

    Townships Kirkham

    messuage from Thomas Southwood and Cecily his wife ; Final Conc , iii, 38. Again, Richard son of Michael de Staining and Christiana his wife in 1356 granted a burgage in Kirkham to Adam Skillicorne, and Edward Skillicorne in 1399

    Townships Westby -with-Plumptons

    of a rose at Midsummer; Inq. p.m. 19 Edw. II , no. 67. In the 16th century the Singletons of Staining held land in Plumpton , but the tenure is not stated. Thomas Earl of Derby in 1521 held lands

    Townships Winmarleigh

    was twice married: (1) to Thomas Farington , by whom she had a daughter Alice, wife of (William) Singleton (of Staining ), whose son John left two daughters- Elizabeth wife of James Massey (s.p.) and Alice wife of Henry Birkenhead

    Alien house The priory of Lancaster

    abbey, but the servants at the abbey itself were excepted from this prohibition. 48 The gift of the lands of Staining , Hardhorn , and Newton in Poulton parish to the Cheshire abbey of Stanlaw produced similar complications, which were

    Townships Birtle-with-Bamford

    year he obtained Stidd, which had also belonged to the Hospitallers; Alt Grange in Ince Blundell , Cronton , and Staining , the property of Whalley ; Cunscough in Melling , Forton , Ellel , and other lands which had

    Townships Livesey

    harbouring the sons of Roger, parson of Blackburn , who had burned down the grange belonging to Stanlaw Abbey at Staining in Amounderness. 37 Adam occurs in 1292 and was the father of Adam de Ewood living in 1324 and

    Townships Weeton -with-Preese

    had a dispute with the Abbot of Whalley as to common of pasture on Carr Marsh on the border of Staining ; Ducatus Lanc . (Rec. Com.), ii, 31. His wife at that time was Margaret sister of James Anderton

    Townships Singleton

    About 1510-15 disputes arose between the king's tenants of Singleton and those of the Abbot of Whalley 's manor of Staining as to boundaries, and particularly as to the carr. It was decided that the carr belonged to the king

    Townships Poulton

    the religion now established and openly maintain popery, wearing crosses in their hats as badges thereof.' Further, Thomas Singleton of Staining , Thomas Westby of Burn and others had 'christened their children with popish priests and not at their parish

    Walthamstow Education and charities

    s . 4 d . from the profits of an estate of about 40 houses in Star Alley, All Hallows, Staining ( Lond. ) to enable them to pay £6 13 s . 4 d . annually to the alms-priest

    Townships Lea , Ashton , Ingol and Cottam

    Singleton of Staining in right of herself and her daughters claimed certain oxen feeding in an inclosed pasture adjoining Thomas Hoghton 's manor-house called the Lea on 2. 1 November 1589 ; these cattle had been removed from Staining by

    Townships Woodplumpton

    the senior branch descending in the usual way, 36 and those of the Chingle Hall , 37 Brockholes 38 and Staining branches 39 appearing in their inquisitions. Others of the neighbouring landowners also appear in the records, 40 with minor

    The parish of Blackburn BLACKBURN PARISH .

    of Roger the rector of Blackburn , were in 1246 presented for having burned the Abbot of Stanlaw's grange at Staining ; Assize R. 404, m. 21. Whalley Couch . iv, 1071. Ibid. 1073. The charter refers to the 'sixth

    The parish of Urswick

    last heir male of the Andertons of Clayton . His elder sister Dorothy was the widow of Thomas Singleton of Staining , his younger sister Mary, to whom he left Bardsea , was unmarried; information of Mr. Anderton . Hist.

    Index L - Z

    of, 89, 184, 201 Geo., 325 London , 46, 49, 166, 209 All Hallows, London Wall , 121 All Hallows, Staining , 313-14 apprenticeships, 98, 331 bps. of, 25, 120, 216, 276, 322-3; and see Compton ; Foliot bus svces.,

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.