skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Shustoke, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 19 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    19 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 19 View more View all

    Parishes Shustoke

    Parishes ShustokeSHUSTOKE Acreage: 2,094. Population: 1911, 342; 1921, 446; 1931, 391. The ecclesiastical parish of Shustoke includes the detached chapelry and hamlet of Bentley , the details of which are given separately. Shustoke proper is about 31/2 miles in

    Parishes Bentley

    the patronage of the lords of Shustoke 36 and by 1250 enjoyed an annuity of 4 marks from the heirs of Roger de Camvile, viz. 31/2 marks from the farm of a mill in Shustoke , and 1/2 mark from

    Parishes Nether Whitacre

    and 11/2 miles in depth, is separated on the south from Shustoke by the old course of the Bourne River , part of which is now covered by the Shustoke Reservoir. The western boundary is mainly formed by the River

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Maxstoke

    chapters as well as to the bishop. In each case a vicarage was reserved. 4 In 1343 the church of Shustoke was appropriated on the petition of the patron, William de Clinton, the founder of Maxstoke , to augment his

    Parishes Maxstoke MAXSTOKE CASTLE

    west from Coleshill by the River Blythe as far north as Blythe Bridge ; and on the north from Shustoke , on the east from Fillongley , and on the south from the Packingtons by small streams. The soil is

    Colleges Collegiate church of Astley

    £9 15 s . 53/4 d . of rents out of lands in Lilbourne and Crick , Northamptonshire ; and Shustoke , Fillongley , and Nuneaton , Warwickwickshire. 7 Sir William de Astley , the son of the founder, granted

    Parishes Merevale

    Hance bridge 'in the parish of Merevale near Ousterne house', called in 1647 'a mill way leading from Curdworth to Shustoke '. 2 Ouston has long been absorbed into Lea Marston , but the date of the transference is not

    Parishes Lea Marston

    Charity of Dorothy Adderley foun ded by Arden Adderley . By an indenture dated 21 July 1693 certain lands in Shustoke were conveyed to trustees to pay the issues to the preaching minister of the parish church of Lea Marston

    Parishes Over Whitacre

    490 ft. is attained. The church of St. Leonard , in the west of the parish, 1/2 mile east of Shustoke station, stands on a hill, at a height of 400 ft., commanding a fine view across the Bourne a

    The royal borough of Windsor Manors, churches and charities

    Mary daughter of Alexander Baker and wife of John Dugdale , eldest son of William Dugdale of Blyth Hall in Shustoke , Warwickshire , who died in childbed, 9 January 1670 , and was buried hard by with her two

    Parishes Coleshill

    . The earliest known record of the manor of GILSON is in 1336 , when Richard le Wrong, rector of Shustoke , was holding it for life, and William le Wronge of Coleshill granted the reversion of the manor to

    Parishes Coughton COUGHTON COURT Sketch plan [ Plan of Coughton church ]

    side of the king. Some loyalists from Coughton were summoned to London in the company of Mr. William Dugdale of Shustoke . 15 On 20 Oct. 1643 the house was occupied by a Parliamentary garrison from Warwick , 16 whereupon

    Walsall Churches The Church of St. Matthew in 1819

    Essington . 48 In 1448 Thomas Moll esley and Henry Flaxall gave land worth 18 marks a year, apparently in Shustoke (Warws.), to endow a chantry of two chaplains. The priests were to pray for the king and queen, the

    Index L - Z

    ; Newport ; Shackerley ; Shipley ; Shrewsbury ; Spoonhill Shropshire , Worcestershire and Staffordshire Electric Power Co ., 122 Shustoke (Warws.), 228 Shutt , Thos., 115 Siddons , Wm., 250 Siemens : Werner, 111 Wm. (later Sir Wm .),

    The City of Coventry Local government and public services: Public services

    led Coventry to seek further supplies. In 1907 powers were obtained to lay pipes from the Whitacre pumping station at Shustoke , belonging to the Birmingham corporation, to Coundon and to purchase at first two million 65 and later three

    Index K-Z

    in Walsgrave-on-Sowe, Shotteswell , -, prior of Cov., Shrewsbury , earl of, see Talbot Shrewsbury ( Salop .), Shropshire , Shustoke , Sibree, John, Siddeley, John Davenport , ld. Kenil worth (cr. 1937), Siddeley Autocar Co., n Siddeley Deasy Motor

    Townships Clitheroe

    he had in Lancashire and removed from the county. His son the famous William ( 1605-86 ) was born at Shustoke , published his Warwickshire in 1656 , Monasticon 1655-72 , Baronage 1675-6 , and other works. See Life by

    Communications Roads leading to Birmingham c . 1950 CANALS RAILWAYS

    crossing the Blythe by Blythe Bridge , mentioned in 1382 , 45 and the Bourne by a 14th-century bridge between Shustoke and Over Whitacre . 46 On the other side of Birmingham routes may be assumed to have led towards

    Index K-Z

    (fl. 1745), see Shelley Shirley , Short , Ric., Short Heath , Shrewsbury ( Salop .) , Shrewsbury rd. , Shustoke , Shut La. , English Sch. in, Shuttleworth Commission on Canals , see Royal Commission on Canals and Inland

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.