skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Shippon

Found 3,402 matches across 7 resources.

  • * British History Online *

    137 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    House of Commons Journal Volume 7, 21 October 1656, 21 October 1656-21 October 1656

    which returns MajorGeneral Disbrow , and Mr. Guibon Goddard ; and the other Return of Major-General Disbrow , and MajorGeneral Shippon , to be affixed to the Writ: Which he did accordingly. Ordered , That a Warrant be issued for

    Index of Subjects, M

    See Lotteries. Manors , named Bucklawren. Catterick. Deeping. East Greenwich. Farrington Gurney. Gillingham. Howleigh. Kennington. Killyon. Laverton. Pickering. Reigate. Scalby. Shippon. Shuttington. Softley. Stonetown. Stratton Sanctuary. Tarbert. Tew, Great. Thornton Briggs. Tregameer. Trelowia. Marine Regiments , accounts of, 36, 198.

    House of Commons Journal Volume 7, 11 August 1659, 11 August 1659-11 August 1659

    Barret , Ensign. John Singleton , Captain; Nicholas Perry , Lieutenant; John Smalewood , Ensign. Robert Hill , Captain; John Shippon , Lieutenant; Tho. Heming , Ensign. Godfrey Ellis , Captain; Robert Harmier , Lieutenant; John Barnard , Ensign. Robert

    Minute Book, November 1661, 01 November 1661-30 November 1661

    entered, on the petition of Humphry Wise, ut supra , p. 164. Order for the steward of the manor of Shippon to pass the estates accordingly. [ Ibid . p. 107. ] Same from same, read and entered, on same

    Entry book, November 1695, 1-15, 01 November 1695-15 November 1695

    for a fresh lease to John Roberts of premises, ut supra , p. 790 (the scite of the manor of Shippon), for 99 years terminable on the lives of John Roberts, Dorothy his wife, and Richard Selwood: at the rent

  • * Victoria County History *

    5 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Parishes St. Helen's

    . The rest, that is to say the ecclesiastical parishes of Dry Sandford and Shippon , form a civil parish known as St. Helen's Without. Shippon lies a mile to the north-west of Abingdon , on the high road to

    The borough of Abingdon

    , the small tithes of the town, and, with certain exceptions, of the four chapels of Radley , Drayton , Shippon and DrySandford, and all the traders' tithes. The vicar was to see that St. Helen's was served by two

    Parishes Weybridge

    Manor , & c., to the honour of Hampton Court , assigning to the duchy in return the manor of Shippon , co. Berks . 19 From this time onwards the manor appears to have been held by the Crown

    Houses of Benedictine monks The abbey of Abingdon

    , and Wootton ; St. Helen's , Abingdon , with the chapels of Drayton , Radley , Sandford , and Shippon ; Marcham , with the chapel of Garford ; Chieveley , with the chapels of Beedon , Leckhampstead ,

    Townships Little, Middle and Over Hulton

    flat-arched doorways are built up. But generally the building retains its original appearance, and in the part now called the Shippon is a central stone pillar. On its eastern gable is the date 1668 with the arms of Kenyon impaling

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    3,058 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    especially when alimentation is concerned. On this topic he loves " To pour out all himself as plain As downright Shippon or as old Montaigne." And in Busch he finds a most congenial reporter. For Busch is-we use the word Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    fittings for railway anc Cboe engines, Manufactured by Mr. C. IL. Powell, of the .w. Ioad. Mr. W. Gibert, of Shippon, near Abingdon, ;,oloml two sliecinlens of his corn, seed, and manusre drilL Tic sloace occupied by Mr.' W. Glover, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    four large Reception Rooms, ten Bed Rooms, large Kitchen, Bailer's Pautry. . Ar. 'There are also at tihree-stalled Stable. Coach-hosue, Shippon. &e. Rent, £50.pe anum.a Fer further partieulars apply to SMr. Willians. Cottrell, 10,London Ro~ad, Liverpool, 29 OK' REEN.-To be Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    the Bi~lugo Range of the IAn- cavbirc, Hlls, auild the Altoar Coursing Ground. The Out-sousesconsist of a Stable, Coach-house, and Shippon, and Cottage for thi Stable Keeper, The Bowling Greon, which is large and commodiolls, is eitunswd between the front Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Bliluge Rango of the Lan- cashiro Hills, and the Altear Conursing Ground, The Out-houneo consest of a Stable, Couch-leoes, and Shippon, and Cottage for the diablo Keeper. Tie Bowling Green. which is liarg and oemmodious, is 41tuttod betwveen the front Subscribers-only content

  • * Cause Papers in the Diocesan Courts of the Archbishopric of York, 1300-1858 *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    CP.H.2582

    (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Great Preston (Magna PrestonGreat Preston (Greate Pruston) : township Little Preston (Parva Preston, Little Pruston) : township Shippon(Shippon) : fieldname Crofts (Croftes) : fieldname Common Field (Comon Feild) : fieldname Little Preston Crofts (Little Preston Crofts) :

  • * House of Commons Parliamentary Papers * *

    196 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    4 March 1755, 4 March 1755

    " and from The Mayors Stone at the End of The Boar- Street in the Town of Abingdon aforefaid to Shippon in the faid County of Berks, and from thence to the " Weft End of the Town of Fyfield Subscribers-only content

    6 March 1755, 6 March 1755

    from The Mayor's Stone at the End of The " Boar Street, in the Town of Abingdon aforefaid to " Shippon in the faid County of Berks, and from thence " to the Weft End of the Town of Fyfield Subscribers-only content

    7 March 1755, 7 March 1755

    Berks, and from The Mayor's Stone at the End of The Boar Street in the Town of Abingdon aforefaid, to Shippon in the faid County of Berks, and from thence to the Weft End of the Town of Fyfield in Subscribers-only content

    13 March 1755, 13 March 1755

    from the Mayor's Stone at the End of The " Boar Street in the Town of Abingdon aforefaid, to " Shippon in the faid County of Berks, and from1 thence " to the Weft End of the Town of Fyfield Subscribers-only content

    20 March 1755, 20 March 1755

    and from The Mayor's Stone at the End of The Boar Street in the Town of Abing¬ don aforefaid, to Shippon in the faid County of Berks, and from thence to the Weft End of the Town of Fy- field Subscribers-only content

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.