skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Sandown

Found 16,511 matches across 8 resources.

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    15,396 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    oedd Sr f, anrbegioD yn hynod liosog a gwertbfawr. In TLIOMAS-DANI L,-Ionaiwr l6eg, yo SAndown, L. W. (ciwy drwydded), gaD y Pirchn. D. M. Brynner, . Sandown (0wythr y briodasferch), ac Aaron Daviep, ig Pontlottyfl, Mr. T. C¢ement Thomas, Bedhinog, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    a rhagfynegai fod dyfodol disglier iawn iddo. Wa! Terfynwyd drwyganu "Hen WiLad fy Nbadau." Ne TowYN.-Dydd Ian, y316eg cyfiso, yn Sandown, UP( Isle of Wight, gweiDyddwyd priodas Miss KEte Daniel, ust ail ferch y diweddar Mr. Q-.en Daniel, Bryuhyfryd i Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    son of Hugh Jackson, Esq. of Wisbech, to Harriet, youngest daughter of Matthew Barchell, Esq. of Fulhamt. On Tuesday, at Sandown place, Esber, Archibald Hamilton, Esq. fifth son of the late John Hamilton, Esq. of Sundrau, to the Right Hon. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    ago a gentleman leit by mistake his dressing-case at an trotel in Shatklin. Hde recollected it en his arrival at Sandown, two miles distant, and i his Sim- plicity, put a note into the office there to desire the landleld Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    of the daily newspapers. Here is a tolerably rich specimen- "1 TYDE and VENTNOR DIRECT RAILWAY 1. COMPANY (via Bradiug, Sandown, and Shanklin). - Preliminary Announcement. - Capital, 120,000, in 12,000 shares ofIXl0 each. Deposit, 1 5s. per share.- (Provisionally Subscribers-only content

  • * Victoria County History *

    13 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Isle of Wight Hundred of East Medine

    appears that the hundred of East Medine contained the tithings of Hardley , 10 Yaverland , St. Helens , Kerne, Sandown , Shanklin , Wroxall , Week, Stenbury, Niton , Nettlecombe , Whitwell , Rowde , Rookley , Knighton ,

    Parishes Brading

    artillery garrisoning the neighbouring forts. Sandown Fort has taken the place of the old Sandown Castle which in 1631 -2 had been built to supersede the original fort erected by Henry VIII . The first Sandown Castle was built between

    Parishes Yaverland

    consists of a few cottages on either side of the road from Sandown and the small farm-house of Little Yaverland . The road rises gradually from the Sandown level, and beyond the village enters a deep 'shute' or cutting between

    The borough of Yarmouth

    Island about 1543, 83 and formed part of the south coast defence scheme which included Calshot , Hurst , and Sandown . It was built under the superintendence of Richard Worsley , then Captain of the Island, 84 and consisted

    Parishes Shanklin

    added in 1887 . ST. PAUL 'S, GATTEN , now in Shanklin , is an ecclesiastical parish taken out of Sandown in 1876 . 17 The church was built 1880-90 , and has an apsidal chancel, a nave with aisles

  • * Queen Victoria's Journals *

    3 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Friday 30th July 1852

    Boys & little girls, as well as all the Ladies & Gentlemen on the board the "Fairy", steaming round to Sandown Boy & back. - We dined again alone, & walked about on the Terrace, in the most glorious moonlight,

    Thursday 29th July 1852

    were 3 little girls. We took tea, & at ¼ to 6, left Shanklin again, going home another way, by Sandown a pretty little place, with a most extensive view, & the sea was so smooth & blue, & the

    Wednesday 16th August 1854

    - In the afternoon we took a pretty long drive with the Ladies & 2 Gentlemen, by Arreton to Sandown & Shanklin. The views & lights were beautiful. Only got home at 8. - We heard from Ld Clarendon that

  • * House of Commons Parliamentary Papers * *

    945 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    18 March 1707, 18 March 1708

    flayed there Two Days; and then theExa- *' minant took him into his Boat, and fet him down ** hear Sandown Caflle. This was in the latter End of •* July or Beginning otAugufi laft was Twelve Months." " The Subscribers-only content

    Index, 12 December 1833

    of Howden, &c.; of Holderness ; of Stokesley; of Thurstonland; of Galpha ; of Haven Street Chapel; of W'ooten; of Sandown; of Bangor; of Aberdeen; of Coal Brook Cross; of Roscrea; of Rathdowney ; of Portarlington; of Bon Leigh, Kilcooley Subscribers-only content

    Contents of the Head

    Report, and Eftimate. fubjoincd, with Plans annexed, of the Harbour propofed to be made from Sandwich into the Downs, near Sandown Caftle, XXIV. 746. Repoit; Refolution of the Committee agreed to, i>z':z.-—That a fafe and commodious Harbour may be made Subscribers-only content

    General Index to the Journals of the House of Commons, Volume XXXV, A.D. 1774 - Volume LV, A.D. 1800

    miles, and to Kingston than three miles;" xlvi. 641. " That no gate shall be erected nearer to Kingston than Sandown Farm," 663. 240. AVatt, James : For vesting in James Watt, Engineer, &c. the sole use of certain steam Subscribers-only content

    General Index to the Journals of the House of Commons, Volume LXXV, A.D. 1820 - Volume XCII, A.D. 1837

    Zo— Deal and Sandown Castles :— 1925. Naval and Military Duties performed by Lord Car- rington as Captain of Deal Castle, stating whether resident or non-resident; Salary, &c.; similar Return respecting the Captain and Lieutenant of Sandown Castle; xc. 203, Subscribers-only content

  • * Lane's Masonic Records *

    2 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Sandown Lodge

    0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 1869 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Royal Pier Hotel, Esplanade, Sandown, Isle of Wight, Hampshire 1880 Masonic Hall, Wilkes Road, Sandown, Isle of Wight, Hampshire 1881

    Union Lodge

    Number (1832): 39 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Castle Inn, Sandown, Deal, Kent 1812 Crown Inn, Beach Street, Deal, Kent 1820 Royal Oak Inn, Deal, Kent 1823 Crown Inn, Beech

  • * The History of Parliament *

    2 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    COX, John (d.c.1603), of Kingston, Surr.

    son Charles, were chief stewards of Hampton Court and of the many royal manors in Surrey including Molesey, Imber and Sandown, which formed part of the honour of Hampton Court. By 1584 Cox was deputy steward of all these. When

    CRAFORD, Robert, of Wareham, Dorset.

    and lands nearby in Lake, dwellings in Southampton and a third of the manor of Preston Vavasour and property in Sandown, Sutton and Brighstone (on the Isle of Wight), as well as land in Mappowder, Puddle ‘Turberville’, Ashley, ‘Kyngsbyre’ and

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.