skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Salperton, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 18 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    18 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 18 View more View all

    Parishes Salperton

    Parishes SalpertonSALPERTONSalperton, which lies 13 km. east of Cheltenham , ceased to exist as a civil parish in 1935 when it was united with Hazleton, to the south. 1 The ancient parish, known by the 18th century also

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Studley

    . The founder endowed the house with the churches of Wicton, of Studley and Coughton in this county, and of Salperton in Gloucestershire , with half the town of Wicton, three houses in Worcester , two furnaces of salt at

    List of maps and figures

    128 11. Northleach church: cross-section and ground plan. Measured drawings by D. A. McMorran, 1923 (copy in N.M.R.) 138 12. Salperton , c . 1750; information taken from original maps in Glos. R.O., D 269c/ P 2; D 363/P 4

    Parishes Notgrove

    west across the southern part of Salperton parish. 38 Its course was diverted just short of the Notgrove boundary before 1771 when the inclosure commissioners confirmed Wain way as a public road to Salperton village. 39 That way had become

    Parishes Hazleton

    of the united benefice. 360 As a result of later reorganizations Hazleton was united with Compton and Salperton from 1953, 361 with Salperton and Shipton Oliffe with Shipton Solers from 1962, 362 and with Compton and Withington from 1975 .

    Lists of documents used

    and Robert Hughes of Cheltenham (solicitors) D 269a Rogers and Coxwell -Rogers families of Dowdeswell D 269c Browne family of Salperton D 398 Northleach borough records D 444 Lawrence family of Sevenhampton and Whittington D 621 Chamberlayne family of Maugersbury

    Parishes Shipton Oliffe and Shipton Solers

    Ibid. Q/RI 39; D 269c/C 3, E 3; above, Salperton , manor. Glos. R.O., D 1388/SL 7, no. 44; D 1388, Beale Browne fam., Salperton est. papers 1840-50 ; mon. in Salperton church. Glos. R.O., D 2428/2 /137; D 2299/L

    Bradley hundred Fig. 1. BRADLEY HUNDRED 1845

    called Thormarton), Stowell , and Upper Coberley , and Compton (later called Compton Abdale ), Hampnett , Hazleton, Yanworth , Salperton , Turkdean (as two estates), Winson , and an unnamed manor in Crown hands which is assumed to have

    Parishes Sevenhampton

    1766 , resigned Hawling and became curate of Salperton but from 1772 and until his death in 1808 he held all three benefices. William Pearce , his successor at Sevenhampton and Salperton , lived in Sevenhampton and served both parishes;

    Rodborough Introduction Woodchester And Rodborough Area c. 1840

    shows the original course of the Nailsworth stream at Dudbridge ; it also marks at Dudbridge a small piece of Salperton parish, the origin of which has not been discovered. Census , 1931 (pts. i-ii.). The history of Rodborough given

    Index A - Z

    157, 159-62, 164 roads, 146, 155, 157, 190 Salperton Park house, 155, 157-8, 160; Plate 3 schools, 166, 187 settlement, 156-8 tithes, 160 trades, 163-4 Upper Town , 156-7 vicarage, see Salperton , curacy woodland, 155, 164 salt ways ,

    Parishes Cold Aston

    there were only six vicars, 376 including Edward Iles ( 1667-1725 ), who was for many years also curate of Salperton , 377 John James ( 1748-1800 ), Wadham Huntley ( 1802-44 ), who during part of his incumbency was

    Parishes Compton Abdale

    a vicarage in the mid 19th century. 211 From 1938 the living was a united benefice with Hazleton, 212 and Salperton was added to the united benefice in 1953 . 213 Under a re-arrangement of benefices in 1962 a united

    Houses of Augustinian canons The abbey of Cirencester

    of Cirencester , the manors of Cirencester , Minety , Driffield , Preston , Ampney St. Mary , Nutbeme, Walle, Salperton , Througham , and lands at Cheltenham , Daglingworth , Shipton Moyne , and Weston Birt , in Gloucestershire

    Parishes Dowdeswell

    proved the wills of Dowdeswell parishioners in his court. 488 Dowdeswell was made a united benefice with the Shiptons and Salperton in 1975 , when the ecclesiastical parish was renamed Dowdeswell and Andoversford . 489 In 1306 the advowson of

    Index K-Z

    of, diocese, chancellor of, see Medford , Wal. Salmon's Mill (later the Salmon's Spring brewery) , see Painswick , mills Salperton , n Saltonstall: Eliz., see Wye Sir Sam ., Salvation Army , Sampson , Thos., Sampson & Co. ,

    Parishes Northleach with Eastington

    a cook, and a doctor. Ten market traders then paid annual sums for stallage, including apparently villagers from Sherborne , Salperton , and Bibury . 458 By the late 14th century the town had become one of the main markets

    Index A - Z

    Oswald's Priory , see Gloucester Salmonsbury Camp , see Bourtonon-the-Water Salmonsbury hund ., 2-4, 63, 84; and see Slaughter hund. Salperton , 164 saltways , 49, 142, 223 Sandford , Arthur, 101; John, 101; Thos., 101; fam., 148 Sands Cox

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.