skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Prestwood, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 21 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    21 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Ifield Manors and other estates

    were mad e after 1970 . The manor of PRESTWOOD perhaps represents former demesne woodland of Rusper priory 90 broken up for cultivation during the Middle Ages. Four yardlands at Prestwood and elsewhere were held of Bramber rape by the

    Parishes Great Missenden

    village of Prestwood to the west and north of it. The soil is alluvial, with a chalk base, abounding in the deposit of flint and shells. The subsoil is chalk. There are disused chalk-pits to the east of Prestwood and

    List of maps

    few sheep fattened, the only other livestock, besides working cattle, being lambs taken in for winter keep. 93 Prestwood common on Prestwood manor was mentioned in 1636 . 94 From c . 1661 John Fenner and three others were to

    Parishes Hughenden

    Wycombe to Great Missenden are the hamlets of Four Ashes , Great Kingshill and the village and ecclesiastical parish of Prestwood formed 9 April 1852 out of Hughenden, Great Missenden and a detached portion of Stoke Mandeville . Naphill hamlet

    Smethwick Manor

    whose grandson, also Charles, sold them to Thomas Foley in 1661 . In 1709 Thomas Foley 's son, Philip, of Prestwood in Kingswinford , sold the manors to George Birch of Harborne and Henry Hinckley of the Beakes, Smethwick .

    Parishes Stoke Mandeville

    136 A detached portion of Stoke Mandeville parish, at Prestwood , was amalgamated in 1852 137 with parts of Hughenden and Great Missenden parishes, and assigned to the Consolidated Chapelry of Prestwood , which forms a separate ecclesiastical parish. The

    Ifield Ifield , Bewbush and Colgate c. 1910

    presumably wooded in the early Middle Ages. There was woodland yielding six swine on Ifield manor in 1086 . 25 Prestwood manor in the north-west may originate from demesne woodland (priests' wood) of Rusper priory. 26 The tithe of pannage

    Rusper Manors and other estates

    whose widow Anna sold them in 1865 to George Trist . 91 They then descended until 1885 or later with Prestwood in Ifield . 92 Sydney J. Hack was owner in 1910 . 93 The later history has not been

    List of maps

    and 19th centuries, besides dealing with land transactions, the court managed the common wastes. 8 There are court rolls of Prestwood manor for various years between 1362 and 1491 , and for the years 1578-88 . By the 15th century

    Parishes Besford

    side, but a warrant issued by the king in 1646 for the cutting down of timber at Sebright's manor of Prestwood described him as 'in rebellion against us.' 57 He 'acted cordially' for the Commonwealth according to his own protestations,

    Colleges Wolverhampton , St Peter

    its dependent chapels by pious endowment. In St. Peter's there were two chantries, one founded in 1311 by Henry of Prestwood with lands and rents worth 23 s . 10 d . a year, 93 and the chantry of St.

    The city of Worcester Charities

    Hiller , otherwise Hillier. Also lands and rents purchased by Robert Youle with the gifts of Catherine Heywood and Thomas Prestwood , which include the following properties, namely: twenty-two houses, shops and premises in Worcester , including the Shades Inn

    Townships Nateby

    brothers of John Leyburne of Nateby registered estates as 'Papists' in 1717 , viz. James ( Croxteth ), Nicholas ( Prestwood ) and George ( Nateby ); the last was a secular priest. Their estates consisted of annuities out of

    Parishes Sandon

    his wife and another son Edmund 77 made a conveyance of the property in 1654 to Elias Harvey and John Prestwood , 78 possibly in trust for sale. By 1680 the manor had come into the possession of Henry Lawrence

    Chigwell Manors

    Chapman her brother. In 1668 Abdy and Chapman conveyed this half of the manor to Sir Eliab Harvey and John Prestwood . 72 Eliab died in 1699 , leaving all his manors in Essex to his son William. 73 Edmund

    Parishes Old Swinford

    in 1240 -1, when William de la Platte and his wife Hawise conveyed land and rent there to Peter de Prestwood . 137 The manor afterwards belonged to the family of Perrott. William Perrott of Wollaston and his son John

    Index K-Z

    Poyntz , W. S., Pratt , Mrs., see Saillard Presbyterians , Prestwood (in Ifield ) : common, common pasture, dom. archit., Little Prestwood , man., cts., ho. ( Lower Prestwood Fm .), rds., Priaulx : Paul, Pet., Wm., rector of

    West Bromwich Protestant Nonconformity

    curacy of West Bromwich in 1662 some of his parishioners also left the Established Church. Hilton , however, went to Prestwood in Kingswinford for a time as chaplain to Philip Foley , and it was Thomas Badland , the ejected

    Index A-J

    East and West, see Crawley : East Pk.; Crawley : West Pk. pks., gates, police sta., poor relief, pop., pound, Prestwood , q.v . prot. nonconf., pub. servs., rlys., sta., rector, team, rectory, rectory ho., Rectory, Old, rds. and streets,

    INDEX K-Z

    husb.) m. Ric. Blackwall , Frances m. Wm. Bradborne, John, Thos. (d. 1852), Thos. (d. 1877), Wm., Preston , Geo., Prestwood , John, Price , Howel J. J. priest , Ingelric the, Prince , Eliz. (d. c . 1796), Eliz.

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.