skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Pillaton, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 23 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    23 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Huntington

    hide of waste in 1086 12 may possibly be identified with HUNTINGTON where by 1198 Henry de Brok, lord of Pillaton (in Penkridge ), was holding a carucate of land of the king by some service in the forest of

    Teddesley Hay

    lord of Pillaton (in Penkridge ), who farmed his office for 2 marks a year and held the vill of Huntington by this service of keeping the Hay. 40 The custody followed the same descent as Huntington and Pillaton 41

    Penkridge Introduction and manors

    and 3 farmhouses and 2 cottages in 1834 . 29 Pillaton constablewick contained 14 households in 1666 , 30 and there were 14 or 15 houses in the hamlet of Pillaton in 1680 , in addition to the Hall, 31

    Penkridge Economic history, churches, schools and charities

    between the owners and occupiers. 26 Tenants of the lord of Pillaton also had been making assarts within the bounds of Cannock Forest before 1286. 27 A field in Pillaton called 'Crofthull' which is mentioned at some time between 1342

    Parishes Shelsley Walsh

    Joyce his wife in 1618 . 40 Humphrey was perhaps acting as trustee for his brother-in-law, Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton , co. Staff., 41 who settled the manor in 1626 42 on his son Edward and his bride, Hester

    Houses of Benedictine nuns The priory of Brewood ( Black Ladies )

    Stretton (in Penkridge ) for £134 1 s . 8 d . ' Mr. Littleton ', presumably Edward Littleton of Pillaton (in Penkridge ), had also been attempting to secure the property. 33 The goods and chattels of the dissolved

    Shareshill

    had passed to Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton , 62 in Penkridge parish, who made a settlement of it in 1642 . 63 The manor then descended in the Littleton family with Pillaton , 64 the 4th Lord Ha therton

    Houses of Benedictine monks The abbey of Burton

    but it does show that his endowment was extensive: in Staffordshire Burton , Stretton , Bromley , 'Bedintun' (evidently near Pillaton in Penkridge ), Gailey , Whiston (in Penkridge ), Darlaston (in Stone ), Rudyard , 'my little land at

    Coppenhall

    of 1547 and holder of a 21-year lease since 1577 or 1578. 87 The prebend descended in his family with Pillaton 88 until at least 1709, 89 and the 30 acres in Coppenhall owned by the 3rd Lord Hatherton c

    Index

    117, 146; Thos., 92 n , 117 Pillaton (Pilatenhale, Pylatenhale), Edwin of, 118; Joan, m. John de Wynnesbury, 119; John de, 119; Wm. of (fl. 1175), 119; Wm. de (d. 1349), 76 Pillaton , in Penkridge , 14, 57, 61,

    Colleges Penkridge , St Michael

    6 s . 8 d . By then much of its property was leased out, notably to Edward Littleton of Pillaton . The college house and all the deanery possessions were leased to him in 1543 for 80 years; in

    Houses of Augustinian canons Abbey of Haughmond

    as a small cash salary. 129 The site of the abbey was granted in 1540 to Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton (Staffs.), 130 who sold it in 1542 to Sir Rowland Hill. 131 Haughmond's only dependency was Ranton Priory (Staffs.),

    Parishes Acton Trussell and Bednall

    The Littleton family bought other land here in 1636 , 1638, and 1668. 86 All of this then descended with Pillaton (in Penkridge parish) in the main line of the Littleton family, 87 who in 1819 also purchased the Moat

    Dunston

    with view of frankpledge and tithe in Dunston to Edward Littleton . 165 It then descended in his family with Pillaton 166 until at least 1709. 167 The 50 acres in Dunston , 45 of them on Dunston Heath ,

    Houses of Augustinian canons The priory of St Thomas near Stafford

    They were discovered during the demolition of Pillaton Hall in the later 18th century; other items of plate are known to have been mortgaged by the priory to the Littletons, who held Pillaton from the early 16th century. See 31

    Index

    , see Pillaton Pentecostalists Pepys , Sam. Perks : Ann Chas. (fl. 1820s-30s) his son, Chas. (d. 1847) Joseph Wm. Perks , Chas., & Sons Ltd. Peterborough abbey Pevsner , Sir Nikolaus Phillips , Wm. physicians pigs Pillaton , in

    Cannock Manors and economic history CANNOCK

    Derbyshire and he to a Lawrence Wright , who probably held it in about 1600 when Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton (in Penkridge parish) also had a house there. 259 Chestall was mentioned in 15 95 as one of the

    Acton Scott ACTON SCOTT 1776 THE TOWER, ACTON SCOTT . GROUND PLAN c. 1790

    seised of lands in Acton Scott and Henley . 4 For over a century the share followed the descent of Pillaton (Staffs.). 5 Hamlet was succeeded by his son William 6 (d. 1502), whose daughter and heir Alice, wife of

    Townships Wall with Pipehill WALL AND PIPEHILL 1986

    a. at Aldershawe ; the other two were Sir Thomas Stanley , lord of Wall, and Sir Edward Littleton of Pillaton in Penkridge . 103 Sir Edward , who had acquired Abnalls in the 1560s , was evidently the owner

    Index L - Z

    see Oxford Penda , king of Mercia, 5 Penderel fam ., 71 Penderel Grant , the, 71 Penkridge , see Pillaton ; Rodbaston Hall Pentecostalists , 159, 224 Percy , Hen., earl of Northumberland , 84 Perkins : John, 189

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.