skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Oldford

Found 295 matches across 8 resources.

  • * John Strype's Survey of London Online *

    3 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Book 1, Chapter 15 TOWER of London. Lieutenancy.

    Intra. St. Katharines . Wapping . Ratcliff . Shadwell . Limehouse . Poplar . Blackwall . Bromley . Bow . Oldford . Mile End . Bednal Green . These One and Twenty Hamlets, being all the Hundred of Osulston, in

    Book 1, Chapter 12 The River LEE, or LEY.

    , from Waltham to Temple Bridge , from Temple Bridge to Bulifaunt, from thence to Clobshil, from thence to the Oldford , and so to Bow Bridge , and the Four Mill Locks , and so to Leemouth, in the

    Book 6, Chapter 1 The City of WESTMINSTER.

    his Manour near London , called Alford , probably Aldford ; that Place, near Stratford le- Bow , now called Oldford . Thus writeth Sir Henry Spelman of this Durham-House , that Bishop Tonstal , about the 26 H. 8.

  • * Victoria County History *

    8 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Twickenham Mills

    disappeared between 1675 and 1743 . 87 There was also a medieval mill on the Crane at a place called Oldford which seems to have been near Hanworth Bridge , 88 perhaps close to the site of the later Hounslow

    Heston and Isleworth Mills

    a mill 'of Isleworth ' and a mill 'of Brentford ', 89 and by 1300 there was a mill at Oldford , on the Crane in Twickenham . 90 The Brentford mill was presumably driven by the Brent and was

    Parishes Southam

    77 had interests there from 1597. 78 Nicholas Hanslap, who died in 1624 , held a messuage and property in Oldford Leyes, Berry Parke , Shelves, and other localities of Clement Throckmorton and others as of their manor of Southam

    Parishes Betchworth

    died in 1386 , leaving two sons, the elder of whom, Thomas, continued the senior branch of the family, holding Oldford in Middlesex , land in Hertfordshire , and then or later South Mimms , while from the younger descended

    Parishes Acton Trussell and Bednall

    158 Primary Schools There was said to be a dayschool at Acton in 1818 . 159 A day-school master, George Oldford , was among the Acton Trussell residents in 1834 , 160 and in 1854 there were said to be

  • * British History Online * *

    15 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Close Rolls, Henry VII, 1489-1491, 01 January 1489-31 December 1491

    or orchard adjoining called 'Little Dery' in Oldford co. Middlesex, between 'Great Dery' or 'Marlowe' manor and the Coppedhalle; and Great Dery Close and the highway with three acres of meadow in Oldford for term of life of Isabel and Subscribers-only content

    Stratford-le-Bow

    burnt to death at this place for what was then deemed heresy 5 . The old place at Oldford . At Oldford, a hamlet in this parish (so called from the ford beforementioned), are the remains of an ancient mansion,

    The Justicing notebook of Henry Norris, 1734-5 (nos 95-165)

    complains ag t : Elis a : Middleton for assaulting & Striking him divers times in his own house at Oldford. On Oath made granted a Warr t : for her. Wednesday, 2 July 1735 Upon hearing y e cause

    The Justicing notebook of Henry Norris, 1740-1 (nos 316-355)

    Sprouts. Sam Edger Sworn Says y t this morning he took both these women in W m Stevens garden at Oldford in y e Parish of Bow gathering Cabbage Plants y e pperty of W m Stevens. Committed y m

    London and Middlesex Fines, Henry VII

    Shaa, Humphrey Conyngesby, and William Hooper, and Sir John Mannyngham, knight, and Isabella, his wife. The manor of Oldford, with premises in Oldford, Stebenhithe, Hakeney, and Stratford at the Bowe. Warranty against the abbot of Westminster. Mich. Anno 9. William,

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    236 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    called upon by Mrs. Davenish to take the prisoner into custody. He searched him, but found nothing upon him.-Mr. George Oldford stated that he accompanied Mrs. Davenish to the masquerade. He ob- served the prisoner, dressed as a sweeper, the Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    attorney employes by Edwards instantly took a cab and drove off from Clerkenwell to the residence of Mrs Canning, at Oldford, where he arrived about four minutes before Lee, the officer, who also proceeded thither in all haste to apprehend Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    street, surgeons-W. Moir and 1. Tyson, Liverpool, joiners-H. Bird and 4S. Collins, Newnhabm, Gloncester- shire, surgeons-W. Milford and J. Johnson, Oldford, cotton manufacturers- P., E. B., and P. Anstie, jme. Devizes, tobacco manufactnrerol. Wilkisol end J. Stirk, Wolverhampton, stampers and Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    TO LET-BUSDMSS PEREMISES& MCONENIN Waf ,emsto Let, with privist canal bosin, I.. 5ablin, waehooseshrane~s, and weighing macb Win situaestd "IP Dudley Part.-Apl toTGma and Bettridge, Aurt onders and surveyors, 13, Teml o. Birmingham. 04792 I~ -E~AIR7IldE , Hand Strawv Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    TO LET-BUSINESS PR~EMISESS PfAWI4RORER'S Shop adjoining TurkihBth il oait, dor J7the "street. £70 splendid opportu~nity. -t 13;Wrcse street . c4601 for C .-lO dPremises igood) canital thorooghf~svr utbe~P 0 ltir hairdresser, or any bueine~s-16. oesSre.oS__ ilk'dobe-fronted oorner), look up Subscribers-only content

  • * The Proceedings of the Old Bailey Online, 1674-1913 *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Ordinary's Account, 07/11/1750

    the Work-House at West-Ham , where he continued but for a little while, when one Mr. Reed, a Gardiner at Oldford , near Bow , in the County of Middlesex , wanting a Servant, and, upon Enquiry, hearing of this

  • * 19th Century British Pamphlets * *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    Infection, 1882

    numbering 16 head, have been slaughtered. It is presumed that the disease must have been carried to the present farm, Oldford , by dung carted from Aberdeen .-Times, Feb. loth, 1866 . Again, on February 22nd , the "Times" reports- Subscribers-only content

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.