skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Littlemore

Found 1,638 matches across 6 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    71 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Parishes Littlemore

    Parishes LittlemoreLITTLEMORE There was no ancient parish of Littlemore : the township was divided at an early date between the parishes of Iffley and St. Mary the Virgin, Oxford , the smaller part belonging to Iffley and the larger

    List of maps and plans

    Bullingdon Hundred, Beckley , Cuddesdon , Garsington , and Cowley , Iffley and Littlemore are based on the Ordnance Survey, and are published with the sanction of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved. The maps of Beckley

    Houses of Benedictine nuns The priory of Littlemore

    Houses of Benedictine nuns The priory of Littlemore 7. THE PRIORY OF LITTLEMORE The Benedictine priory of Littlemore was founded by Robert de Sandford , one of the knights of the abbot of Abingdon , on a piece of pasture

    Parishes Iffley Cowley , Iffley and Littlemore . Sketch map before the Inclosure.

    and east to the edge of Littlemore in the south. The parish was much larger: like the manor from which it was created, it comprised Iffley township, sometimes called Church Iffley ; part of Littlemore , sometimes called Little Iffley

    Parishes Sandford on Thames

    Farm . The first two deserve some mention. Minchery Farm, half a mile due east of Littlemore asylum, is on the site of Littlemore Priory and was once famed for its picturesqueness. Hearne illustrated it 20 in 1722 , showing

  • * British History Online * *

    18 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Index, L, 01 January 1700-31 December 1700

    192, 581, 674, 676. Little Compton , or Seconett (Mass.), 240, 246, 485, 592, 633, 845 XVI. (2), p. 340. Littlemore , John, document signed by, 845 XXVIII. Littleton , Edward, Agent for Barbados, p. 334. -,-, document signed by,

    Henry VIII, May 1531, 1-15, 01 May 1531-31 May 1531

    far as I can perceive by Mr. Dean, that the College right to any lands belonging to the lady of Littlemore can be sustained. I will certify you before Midsummer of all causes concerning the same. Mawdlen College, Oxford, 5

    Henry VIII, May 1529, 21-25, 01 May 1529-31 May 1529

    Weston, prior of St. John's of Jerusalem, to the dean of Cardinal's College, Oxford, of the manors of Saundeford, Horspath, Littlemore, & c. Hampton Court, 25 May 21 Hen. VIII. Lat., vellum; great seal. The initial contains a full-length portrait

    Cases before the Committee, July 1653, 01 July 1653-31 July 1653

    farm and cottages. 27 167 Claimants On The Estate. P.R. 27 26 92 287 13 April 1654. Chris. Hatton, of Littlemore, co. Oxon, and James Hunt, of Bunbury, co. Chester, beg allowance of their respective annuities. Hatton was possessed of Subscribers-only content

    Henry VIII, February 1526, 1-15, 01 February 1526-28 February 1526

    and deliver them to the grantee. Westm., 10 Feb. 17 Hen. VIII. R. O. 2. Similar grant of Canwell, Daventre, Littlemore, & c. Same date. Lat., vellum. The Cardinal's seal attached, in an iron case; very fine impression . R.

  • * The History of Parliament *

    4 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    BURBRIGGE, John, of Oxford.

    parish of St. Peter-in-the-East, and included a tenement next to White Hall, in the High Street, and five shops, rented from the prioress of Littlemore, almost directly opposite.[footnote] He had died by 1412 and been buried in his parish church.[footnote]

    COWLEY, Thomas (d.1422), of Oxford and Cowley, Oxon.

    served as bailiff in 1362-3, the subject of this biography followed him as owner of land at Cowley, Iffley and Littlemore as well as of property in the town itself. Indeed, theirs was a family with mixed town and country

    COVENTRE, Thomas I, of Oxford.

    licence to grant the rents of six messuages and five acres of land in Oxford to the Benedictine nunnery at Littlemore, in exchange for property of that house in Cambridgeshire, at Ely and Thetford. He is last recorded in October

    KNOLLYS, Sir Francis (by 1512-96), of Rotherfield Greys, Oxon.

    Whitley Park, on the edge of Reading, and other manors in Berkshire; and the lease of the manors of Cowley, Littlemore, Horspath and Garsington, just to the east of Oxford. Knollys’s influence owed as much to marriage connexions as to

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    1,329 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Glamford Brighs. Lin. colnobise, innkeeper--March 23. J. Fletcher, Liverpool, seer. chant-March 16, J. Snelling, Messing, Essex, grocer-March 18, C. Honey, Littlemore, Oxfordshire, corn dealer-March 24, T. Wharton, Wyton, Yorkshire, and Kisgston-upon-Hull, mer- chant-March 24, E. Thompson, Kingston-upon Hullmerchant -Marcih 211, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    the parties concerned between fourteen and fifteen hundred pounds. - A correspondent states that it is intended to establish at Littlemore, near Oxford, a college, in which l young men holding Tractarian views may be trained for missionary labour in Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    last three years. Mr King, some time since, made a munificent donation ef an organ to Mr Newman's chapel at Littlemore. TITHE RENT CHARGE.-Mr Willick's annual supple. ment to his Tithe Commutation Tables shows that the average prices for last Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    CHURCH. CONSECRATION OF A NEW CHURCH AT OXFORD.- On Tuesday the Bishop of Oxford consecrated the new church in St Ebbe's, in this city, dedicated to the Holy Trinity. It is built in the early English style of archi- Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    fellowship. The 'Church and State Gazette' says that three clergymen from the Church of England, and a young gentleman from Littlemore, were on Wednesday last received into the Roman Catholic Church, at St Mary's College, Oscott. Mr Newman as- sisted Subscribers-only content

  • * House of Commons Parliamentary Papers * *

    209 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    16 May 1817, 16 May 1817

    was brought from the House of Com- Littlemore mons, by Sir James Graham and others; Allotment With a Bill, intituled, " An Act for allotting " Lands in the Township or Liberty of Littlemore, " in the Parishes of Saint Subscribers-only content

    19 May 1817, 19 May 1817

    as they please. Hodie 2a vice lecta est Billa, intituled, " An Act Littlemore " for allotting Lands in the Township or Liberty of Allotment " Littlemore, in the Parishes of Saint Mary the Virgin B|1L " and Yeftley otherwise Subscribers-only content

    30 May 1817, 30 May 1817

    The Earl of Shaftesbury reported from the Lords Littlemore Committees, to whom the Bill, intituled, " An Act Enclosure " for allotting Lands in the Township or Liberty of Bl!1- " Littlemore, in the Parishes of Saint Mary the Virgin Subscribers-only content

    30 May 1817, 30 May 1817

    in the Affirmative. Hodie 3a vice lecta est Billa, intituled, " An Act Littlemore " for allotting Lands in the Township or Liberty AJJotment " of Littlemore in the Parishes of Saint Mary the ' : " Virgin and Yeftley, Subscribers-only content

    16 June 1817, 16 June 1817

    of the County of York " " An " Act for allotting Lands in the Township or Liberty " of Littlemore, in the Parishes of Saint Mary the " Virgin and Yeftley otherwise Iffiey, in the County " of Oxford:" Subscribers-only content

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.