skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Kingsbury, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 145 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    145 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Kingsbury Judaism

    Kingsbury Judaism JUDAISM. A congregation of Jews affiliated to the United Synagogue first appeared in Kingsbury in 1939 . 8 In 1942 Eden Lodge at Kingsbury Green was registered for worship, 9 becoming Kingsbury district synagogue in 1954 . 10

    Kingsbury Local government Borough of Wembley . London Borough of Brent .

    sewerage had already caused friction with Hendon . 54 After Kingsbury became a ward of Wembley U.D., Wembley 's 9 councillors resented paying for sewerage schemes for Kingsbury , while Kingsbury 's 3 councillors were frustrated through being in a

    Kingsbury Public services

    edn.). Kingsbury U. D.C. , San . Reps . ( 1902 , 1904). Rep. on Kingsbury U.D. 1906, M.R.O., Reps. on Local Inqs . ( 1895-1907 ), 25-32; Kingsbury U. D.C. , Min. Bk. ( 1903-15 ), 1, 92. Kingsbury

    Kingsbury Churches

    and mass in Kingsbury church for him and his parents. 24 Elizabeth Frowyk, by will proved 1516, provided for torches in several churches, including Kingsbury . 25 Michael Roberts left 3 s . 4 d . for Kingsbury altar by

    Kingsbury Economic history

    Edgware manor in Kingsbury . 38 By c . 1350 most of the freehold land in northern Kingsbury had been absorbed into the demesne of Kingsbury manor, which then consisted of approximately 320 a. 39 Southern Kingsbury was predominantly freehold.

    Kingsbury (East) hundred

    Kingsbury (East) hundred THE HUNDRED OF KINGSBURY (EAST) Kingsbury (East) hundred, belonging to the bishops of Bath and Wells and located in different parts of the county, comprised the parishes of Chard , Combe St. Nicholas, Winsham , Kingsbury Episcopi

    Kingsbury Social life

    at Queensbury was also, in 1970 , used for bingo. The Odeon in Kingsbury Road , near Honeypot Lane , served western Kingsbury . 6 The Kingsbury and Kenton News was founded as an edition of the Wembley News in

    Kingsbury Charities for the poor

    Kingsbury Charities for the poor CHARITIES FOR THE POOR. John Edward (d. c . 1532) devised land to the parson and churchwardens of Kingsbury , the rent from which was to be distributed annually to the poor in meat, drink,

    Kingsbury Introduction KINGSBURY IN 1597

    inhabitants of Kingsbury were presented at the manor court for not having any marked boundaries. 4 The civil parish of Kingsbury formed part of Wembley U.D. from 1894 until 1900, when it became Kingsbury U.D. In 1934 Kingsbury (then 1,829

    Kingsbury Manors

    Kingsbury Manors MANORS. The early English kings had parted with their manor of Kingsbury long before the Conquest. 78 An estate called Tunworth , 79 in the northern part of Kingsbury parish , was granted by Edwy to his thegn

    Kingsbury Education

    education, which was adopted by Brent L.B. in 1967 , Kingsbury county and Tyler 's Croft schools were amalgamated as Kingsbury high school. 32 There were several private schools in Kingsbury , mostly in large private houses. In 1851 49

    Parishes Kingsbury KINGSBURY HALL

    Parishes KingsburyKINGSBURY Acreage: 8,070. Population: 1911, 3,831; 1921, 4,263; 1931, 3,923. Kingsbury is an extensive parish lying mostly to the east of the river Tame, with Bodymoor Heath (inclosed in 1856 ) and Hemlingford Green , the ancient meeting-place

    Kingsbury Roman catholicism

    Kingsbury Roman catholicism ROMAN CATHOLICISM. Only one recusant, Edward Robinson in 1624 , 82 was associated with Kingsbury , where in 1676 83 and 1706 there were said to be no papists 84 There were some Irish Roman Catholics in

    The hundred of Gore THE HUNDRED OF GORE

    the meeting-place of the hundred was near the border between Harrow and Kingsbury . Gore Field , Gore Mead , Gore Lane , and Gore Farm lay in Kingsbury 17 and there was also a Gore Field in Kenton .

    Kingsbury Protestant nonconformity

    licensed one of Elizabeth King's houses on the Kingsbury side of the Hyde in 1818 . 95 The meetingplace apparently moved to the Hendon part in 1836 96 but had returned to Kingsbury by 1851 , when it was held

    Kingsbury Other estates

    Great Framesland, 12 a. north of Kingsbury Road , from William Crosley . 81 In 1597 Joan Lyon , widow, held 116 a. in west Kingsbury , mostly situated on either side of Kingsbury Road but including fields in the

    List of maps

    rendered to the Warden and Fellows of All Souls College, Oxford , for making material available for the map of Kingsbury , to the Marquess of Salisbury for material used in the map of Edmonton parish , and to the

    Edgware Manors

    included in Kingsbury or Stanmore . One possibility is that Edgware was reckoned part of Stanmore at the time of the Survey, although later in its history the manor certainly had close connexions with the manor of Kingsbury . 3

    Edgware Local government London Borough of Barnet

    least the late 13th century Kingsbury was associated with Edgware manor. 52 In 1393-4 the court was called 'Eggeswere et Kyngesbury'. 53 In 1421-3 the jury consisted of 6 men from Edgware and 6 from Kingsbury . 54 Although this

    Milborne Port Milborne Port in 1839 Seal of Milborne-Port .

    as MILBORNE AND KINGSBURY manor 11 and in 1271 as KINGSBURY manor. 12 From 1273 John de Burgh held the manor for life with reversion to the Crown, 13 and in 1276 , after John's death, Kingsbury with Horethorne hundred

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.