skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Holbeach, Resource: Victoria County History, Source type: Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 35 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    35 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Hospitals Holbeach

    Hospitals Holbeach 104. THE HOSPITAL OF HOLBEACH This hospital was founded in honour of All Saints by Sir John of Kirton , knt., in 1351 , to sustain a warden and fifteen poor people. 1 He increased the foundation somewhat

    Colleges Buckingham College

    Greek should be given. 15 The prior of the college in that year is alleged to have been Dr. Henry Holbeach , or Rands, monk of Crowland , who became Prior of Worcester in 1536 and later Bishop of Lincoln

    Parishes Huddington

    Thomas Winter was captured on the following day at Holbeach , and taken to the Tower on 8 November , but Robert, less resolute than his younger brother, escaped from Holbeach before the encounter with the sheriff's men, 30 and

    Houses of Benedictine monks The abbey of Crowland

    prospered under his rule. 16 The possessions, according to the Domesday Survey, consisted in Lincolnshire 17 of the manor of Holbeach and Whaplode , two carucates in Spalding , the manors of Dowdyke in Sutterton , Langtoft and Baston ,

    Parishes Fittleton

    rest of the manor to William Holbeach , citizen of London . 43 Robert of Ramsbury died in 1362 and his son John relinquished King's Fee to Holbeach and his wife Maud . 44 Holbeach died in 1367 and the

    Houses of Cluniac monks The priory of St Mary , Thetford

    , prior of Thetford , on 16 March, 1287 , nominat ed Henry de Henham his fellowmonk, and Guy de Holbeach to act as his attorneys until Michaelmas, as he was going beyond the seas. 15 The same prior on

    Durham cathedral Description of church

    , their tracery being for the most part copied from windows to be found in the churches of Sleaford and Holbeach in Lincolnshire and Boughton Aluph in Kent . Their internal sills are lower than those of St. Calais '

    Parishes Fulbrook

    furnished themselves with the arms that had been accumulated during the preceding months. 33 Grant was among those taken at Holbeach and afterwards executed. When Northbrook was searched by the sheriff Mass books and ornaments, a chalice, and a cope

    Parishes Great Billing Barry . Azure two leopards or .

    he also gave to the inmates 40 s . a piece yearly out of certain lands in the parish of Holbeach . These payments were increased by Sir Edward Gorges and Katharine his wife to £6 apiece as recited in

    North Witchford Hundred Chatteris Plan of the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul

    In 1931 the Chatteris proportion had risen to 57.7 per cent., a figure unsurpassed among English urban areas except by Holbeach (Lincs.) and Ramsey (Hunts.). 23 Inclosure was effected by Acts of Parliament in 1793 and 1809. 24 The employment

    Wisbech Hundred Tydd St. Giles Plan of St. Giles's Church

    28 and his children were baptized there, the earliest in 1577 . He married Audrey, daughter of William Callow of Holbeach , who survived her husband. He died in 1584 , having by his will dated 3 April in the

    Waterbeach Manors and other estates

    to the lessee, Edward Angier . The £9 rent charge then imposed 66 was given in 1677 by Dr. Thomas Holbeach , master of Emmanuel College , Cambridge , to his college, which still received it in 1873 . 67

    Houses of Benedictine monks The priory of Spalding

    ( Alkborough ); in 1205 Roger de Lacy quitclaimed the church of Addlethorpe to the prior; 14 the church of Holbeach was lost in 1224 . 15 In 1234 there were new troubles in connexion with Crowland Abbey . The

    Parishes Long Itchington

    others in 1626 and 1642, 16 and in 1655 he, his wife Ann and others conveyed the manor to Ambrose Holbeach of Mollington ( Oxon .), a noted lawyer of the time. 17 The son of the latter, another Ambrose,

    The colleges and halls St. John 's St. John's College . France modern quartering England with a border gobony argent and azure .

    in 1894 ). Fisher himself, moreover, made substantial benefactions to the College between 1518 and 1530 , including properties in Holbeach , Moulton , and Whaplode (Lincs.), Ridgewell manor and a moiety of Rawreth Hall manor ( Essex ; the

    Houses of Benedictine monks The abbey of Ramsey

    the Jews under Edward I . The writer of the Lexicon in the 15th century was a monk named Laurence Holbeach . His Lexicon, with other Hebrew books, is said to have been stolen shortly before the Dissolution by one

    Epping Churches, schools and charities

    a prominent Puritan and preacher. 30 He signed the petition to Laud on behalf of Thomas Hooker . 31 Thomas Holbeach , instituted in 1642 , was ejected soon after, but was restored in 1660 , and remained vicar until

    Parishes added since 1892 Belgrave

    by Samuel Taylor and Henry Colborne in 1654 , 56 by their sons in 1662 , 57 and by Francis Holbeach of Leicester before his death about 1740. 58 In the lawsuit which followed the probate o f his will,

    Wisbech Hundred Leverington Plan of St. Leonard 's Church

    the manor descended. In 1366 a chantry was founded by John Hode of Fleet and Simon son of Martin of Holbeach 'within the manor', and endowed with 41 acres of land in Leverington . 48 It was established for the

    Parishes Solihull

    large mural monument with busts of a man and woman of c . 1600 and inscriptions to members of the Holbeach family from 1551 to 1692 and later. In the nave is a pendant candelabrum with a ball and eight

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.