skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Hainault, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 74 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    74 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Chigwell Roman catholicism

    school is carried on in connexion with the convent. 34 The church of the Assumption was opened in Manford Way, Hainault , in November 1953 . 35 Brentwood R.C .) Diocesan Year Bk . 1953. See below, Schools. Cath. Dir

    Chigwell Agriculture

    centuries, sometimes by grant in manor courts and sometimes by silent encroachment. 18 In 1851 Hainault Forest was disafforested by Act of Parliament. 19 The Hainault Forest Allotment of Commons Act, 1858, 20 provided that 701 acres (mainly within the

    The ancient parish of Barking Agrarian history, markets and fairs

    200 a. 51 The destruction of Hainault Forest brought the whole of that area into cultivation, and until intensive building began at Ilford in the 1890's there was probably more farm land between Hainault and the Thames than ever before.

    Dagenham Economic history and local government

    the bailiwick of Becontree included Hainault . 191 By 1489 Hainault had become a separate bailiwick. 192 In the 16th century a further sub-division was made, into East (or Chapel) Hainault Walk and West Hainault Walk. 193 These are shown

    Chigwell Other occupations

    (at Chigwell Row ), a violin-bridge maker (at Chigwell ), and a brewer. 27 A map of 1858 shows ' Hainault Brewery' in the position of the present Forest Cottages, near the ' Maypole ' at Chigwell Row , 28

    Lambourne Introduction

    the waste, the others on old inclosures. 70 In 1851 Hainault Forest was disafforested. The part of the forest in Lambourne was, however, not affected. 71 In 1858 the Hainault Forest Allotment of Commons Act (21 & 22 Vict. c.

    The ancient parish of Barking Abbeys and churches founded before 1830

    in 1705 . Crown Estate office, Hainault File 1098. Davids, Nonconformity in Essex , 339. E.R.O., D/CT 18. J. Pennington , Map of Hainault Forest , 1791; E.R.O., D/CT 18; E.R.O., Q/RDc 42 ( Hainault Forest, 1851). E.R.O., Q/CP 3.

    Dagenham Churches, schools and charities

    Chadwell Heath (about 1935). 123 A hall belonging to the Brethren was opened in Manford Way, Hainault , in 1956 . 124 SYNAGOGUE. The Hainault and District Synagogue, Huntsman Road, was founded in 1951 . 125 SCHOOLS. At the time

    The Hundred of Ongar

    the towns of Loughton (with Debden ), Buckhurst Hill , and Hainault , and now has a population of about 56,000. Even here, however, the forests of Epping and Hainault and the old houses and cottages of Chigwell recall a

    Loughton Loughton and the preservation of Epping Forest

    inclose the forest. They connived at illegal inclosures and pressed private land-owners to purchase the forest rights of the Crown. Hainault Forest was disafforested in 1851 and was inclosed soon after. 1 In 1857 the commissioners invited W. W. Maitland

    Stapleford Abbots Introduction

    manor of Battles Hall , formed part of Hainault Forest. 51 When the latter was disafforested in 1851 , the part of it in Stapleford Abbots was unaffected. 52 In 1858 the Hainault Forest Allotment of Commons Act 53 provided

    The ancient parish of Barking Charities

    s . to the Ilford branch of the united charities in 1956 . By ancient custom each poor widow within Hainault Forest received from the Crown on Easter Monday a load of wood or 8 s . in lieu. 11

    Chigwell Introduction Chigwell Urban District

    Hainault Road . At Grange Hill there is a housing area of 1920-39 , and in Fencepiece Road there is some similar development and also some houses built since 1945. To the east of Grange Hill is the large

    Chigwell Schools

    In May 1952 there were 93 pupils and 3 teachers. 72 The increase was due to the building of the Hainault estate. The school is on the north of Lambourne Road near the Lambourne boundary. It is sin gle-storied, of

    Navestock Introduction

    parish that was within the ancient forest of Essex escaped the destruction that overtook most of the neighbouring forest at Hainault . 64 Curtismill Green was disafforested in 1851 and in 1858 was allotted as common to the parish of

    Religious Houses House of Benedictine nuns

    14th century, however, Stratford for a time became fashionable. The convent appears to have been the residence of Elizabeth of Hainault , and at her death in 1375 she seems to have been on terms of intimacy with the Stratford

    The hundred of Becontree Introduction THE HUNDRED OF BECONTREE

    the Lea . It is now entirely urban except on the northern fringe, which includes parts of Epping Forest and Hainault Forest. There has been much industrial development, especially on the Thames bank, where are the three 'Royal' docks, Beckton

    Houses of Benedictine nuns Abbey of Barking

    and foxes in her wood of Hainault . 31 In 1290 she had a grant of free warren in Lidlington and Hockley . 32 In 1319 she had licence to fell 300 oaks in Hainault for the repair of her

    Index A - K

    ; Becontree Housing Estate; Chadwell Heath ; Cockermouth ; East Hall ; Ford Motor Co.; Frizlands; Gallance; Hainault , crown estate; Hainault Forest; Hainault Housing Estate; Marks; Marks Gate ; Parsloes; Valence; Wangey; Wangey House Dagenham Dock Co. , 280,

    Chigwell Protestant nonconformity

    building is of red brick, in Gothic style. A new Methodist church was opened in Burrow Road , on the Hainault estate in 1952 . 95 The present Salvation Army hall at the north end of Alfred Road , Buckhurst

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.