skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Greenbank, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 16 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    16 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 16 View more View all

    Townships Over Wyresdale

    Another road ascends the Wyre from Ellel on the north side, crossing Damas Gill , the western boundary, at Lower Greenbank , and passing Ortner , Lentworth and Abbeystead ; at this point it crosses the river and joins the

    Topography 900- 1914 Early modern and georgian, 1550-1840 Forest house

    still including Netherleigh, the moated mansion of the Cotgreave family on Eaton Road . Further out on Eaton Road was Greenbank , an impressive neoclassical house with a stuccoed front of two storeys and seven bays, built by Alderman J.

    Madeley Manor and other estates

    c . 1856 the Whitmores adopted its name for the White House . 81 In 1879 Whitmore 's widow added Greenbank farm, Little Dawley , 82 to the Sunniside estate, which she left to her elder sister Matilda Frances ,

    Stepney Early Stepney OSSULSTONE HUNDRED : PARISHES IN THE TOWER DIVISION 1819 STEPNEY AND TOWER HAMLETS : LOCAL GOVERNMENT BOUNDARIES

    had been flooded, building was encouraged on top of the wall c . 1570, the site of the roads called Greenbank and Wapping Wall , and gradual enwharving on the river side helped to contain the tides. 34 Statutory commissions

    The parish of Bolton-le-Sands BOLTON LE SANDS. HALTON .

    attended the Lord's Table.' Perhaps Edward Lodge , whose will was proved in 1746 . Including £4 given by - Greenbank . This may be the William Greenbank whose benefactions have been doubted; see the report on the Halton charities.

    The parish of Lancaster (in Lonsdale hundred) Church, advowson and charities

    1810 bequeathed £1,400 for the benefit of poor and indigent persons in the vaccaries of Lentworth, Lee , Tarnbrook and Greenbank in Over Wyresdale. This charity was entirely lost by bankruptcy. Richard Townley in 1851 bequeathed £400 for the poor

    Leisure and culture Education

    high school. 115 Chester College of Further Education occupied a number of older buildings as its work continued to expand: Greenbank in Eaton Road ( 1983 ) for catering courses, the former Bishops' school in Blacon ( 1985 ) for

    Parishes Street

    first remained near their factory where Netherleigh, a plain stone-faced villa, was built in 1835 for James Clark , and Greenbank , a farmhouse south of the factory, was altered to a gabled villa for William S. Clark , probably

    Friern Barnet Introduction FRIERN BARNET IN 1783 FRIERN BARNET

    inn stood on the north-west, a little below Brook House , the Priory on the north-east, with the Woodlands , Greenbank , and Springfield farther north, 17 and the Hermitage and several cottages on the south-west by 1783 . 18

    The parish of Rochdale INDEX MAP to the PARISH of ROCHDALE

    the natives of the parish is John Bright , the famous Radical orator. He was born, in 1811 , at Greenbank near Rochdale , where his father had a mill; entered Parliament in 1843 , was a leader of the

    Townships Ellel

    stannery on the west side of the way to another on the east side, going on to the brook between Greenbank and Lickhead, then ce up to the Dodded oak, by the hedge to the brook between Hubberstath and Lickhead,

    Index A-K

    Greenbank ( Ellel ), 97 n Greenbank , Anne, 140 n ; Eliz., 168; Rob., 170 n , 171 n ; Will., 126 n , 132 n , 140 n , 167-8; -, 132 n Greenbank , Lower, 76

    Madeley Economic history Coalbrookdale

    Few farms crossed the parish boundary, though in the west most of the former Furnace Bank farm was farmed with Greenbank farm in Little Dawley in 1849 . 27 Not all farms were compact in 1849 , particularly holdings under

    Index A-J

    Friern Barnet , asylum (later Friern Hosp.),bldgs., farm, Avenue, the, ind., nonconf. (protestant), pop., ch., dom. bldgs.: Brook Ho ., Greenbank , Hermitage , Priory, Springfield , White Ho ., Woodlands , flats, Freehold, the, ind., nonconf. (protestant), pop., ratepayers'

    Index A - K

    , 316, 322 n . Green Dykes Lane , 322 n . Green Lane , 448. Green Pond , 211. Greenbank , Miles, 70. Greenfield , Abp. Wm., 55, 529. Gregory I , Pope, 3, 5, 337. Gregory Lane ,

    Index A-J

    Pl . , William St ., Green St . (later Roman Rd ., q.v .), n , Green ward , Greenbank , road, Greencoat Properties , Greenearth business centre , off Three Colts La. , Greengate , Greengate Gdns. ,

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.