skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Goldcliff

Found 124 matches across 5 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    16 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Houses of Benedictine monks The abbey of Tewkesbury

    patronage of the alien priory of Goldcliff in Mon mouthshire to Henry, earl of Warwick , with licence to appropriate it to Tewkesbury . In 1442, with the full approval of Eugenius IV, Goldcliff Priory was made a cell of

    Woolavington

    prior of Goldcliff granted an annual pension of 4 s . to St. John 's hospital, Bridgwater , payable out of Woolavington church. 18 The vicarage, ordained in 1336 , was confirmed in 1338 after a dispute between Goldcliff and

    Parishes Monksilver

    century the parish was called Silver, but thereafter it was called Silver Monachorum or Monksilver because of its ownership by Goldcliff Priory (Mon.). 3 The ancient parish included detached areas at Doniford , 3 km. southwest in Old Cleeve ,

    Parishes Nether Stowey

    in Stowey to Goldcliff . 203 Walter's daughter Maud de Chandos gave the church to Wells cathedral, a gift confirmed by the bishop, by the King in 1189 , and by the pope in 1190 . 204 Goldcliff Priory seems

    Introduction Introduction

    rectory had been acquired by Goldcliff priory (Mon., now Gwent ). 16 It was in the hands of the Crown by 1338 17 and so remained until 1387 or later. 18 Tewkesbury abbey was granted Goldcliff property in 1441 19

  • * British History Online * *

    4 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Index of Subjects, M

    Cutts. Datchet; Datchet St. Helens; Ditton; Dorbusc; East and West Deeping; East Greenwich; Ellesham; Eton. Farnborough; Feltham; Framsden. Garthorpe; Gillingham; Goldcliff; Goldsborough; Goxhill; Great Southton; Gringley; Grinton; Guilden Morden; Guns. Hambottle; Harcourt; Harwood; Hendon; Hunsingore. Imber. Kelk; Kennington; Kington. Langley

    Warrants etc, July 1698, 16-31, 16 July 1698-29 July 1698

    to the second set of premises being lands in the parish of Christchurch and manor of Liswerry and manor of Goldcliff and manor of Coldrey and in the parish of Llangeview and Lordship of Usk Co. Monmouth. King's Warrant Book

    Cases before the Committee, July 1651, 01 July 1651-31 July 1651

    estate was discharged upon his taking the Oath of Abjuration, some portion of a copyhold estate in the manor of Goldcliff, which he held in right of Bridget, his first wife, is by her death come to his son, and Subscribers-only content

    Index of persons and Places, G

    Sir John, pension for his widow. 122. Gold , , 32. -, John, forfeited lands of, 382. Goldburgh. See Goldsborough. Goldcliff , co. Monmouth, manor of, 392. Goldham (Coldham), Thomas, tidesman, London port, 127. Goldsborough , Goldburgh, co. York, 202;

  • * The Clergy of the Church of England Database *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Evan James, 21/6/1771

    Subscription Evidence Record CCEd Record ID: 7142 Linked to person: James, Evan 1771-1771 Close Window Evidence CLERICAL DETAIL Surname James Forename Evan Title Qualification University College Year EVENT TYPE Type Appointment Date 21/6/1771 Office/Status Stipendiary Curate Clerical Status Location

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    14 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    attended yesterday at the prhicipal registry in Doctors Commons, and instituated the Rev, Edward Davies, M.A., to the viecLallge of Goldcliff, and also to the vicar- ago of qithlstomm, both in the diocese of Llandaff. CAPTURE OF A WVAICEIOUiSE-BaIIAlIEa,-Early yester- Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    safe and productive investment, and a fine sporting domain; iCe also several smaller properties, in tbe rich parishes of Udney. Goldcliff, n an Caldicott, part bounded b the Bristol Channel. The Wentwood Is 'it a grand feature In this provei Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Banister, 8.A., to Whitechapel, Lancashire. Rev. A. J. Bennock, M.A., to St. Luke's, Woodside. Rev. John M. Benyon, M.A., to Goldcliff V., Monmouth. Rev. W. L. Buckley. M. A., to Alderford with Attlebridge R. Key. Anthony Banting, B. A., to Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Co. ; S. Fielden, cotton spinner and manufacturer, Walsden, Lancashire; C. Williams, farmer, Lower Porton Farm, in the parish of Goldcliff, and of parishes of Nash Bishton and Whitson, Monmouthshire; J. Bellridge, fish salesman, George-street, Newport, Mon- mouthshire ; A. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    and productive investment, and a fine sporting domain ; also several smaller PRO- PERTIES, in the rich parishes of Udnev, Goldcliff, and Caldioott part bounded by the Bristol Channel. The Wentwood is a grand feature in this proverbially picturesque and Subscribers-only content

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.