skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Garston, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 49 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    49 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Parishes Blechingley

    married his daughter Agnes. 104 In 1229 William de Garston quitclaimed 21/2 hides in Blechingley to the Prior of Rochester . 105 A conveyance between Roger de Garston and Reginald de Garston , dealing with a messuage, two mills, 140

    Hospitals St John the Baptist , Chester

    about 1200. 47 Thomas of Pontefract , occurs 1239-40 . 48 Ralph of Smithdown, occurs 1245-6 . 49 Roger of Garston , occurs about 1255-6 and 1258-9 . 50 Hugh of Aston , occurs about 1285-6 and 1295-6 . 51

    Hundred of West Derby Introduction

    berewicks embracing the vills of Thingwall , Liverpool , Great Crosby , Aintree with part of Walton , Everton , Garston with Aigburth , and Hale with Halewood , the whole containing four hides or twenty-four carucates of land. 3

    Townships Hale

    land formerly belonging to William de Garston , who had them from Maud of Bradley , daughter and heir of Henry of Bradley of Halewood , after the divorce between her and Robin of Garston . Geoffrey was to swear

    Watford Manors

    Garston gave to John de Westwick and Ellen his wife a messuage and land at Garston ; 251 the manor was apparently held of the kitchener of St. Albans , who held a fourteenth part of a fee in

    Houses of Benedictine monks The priory of Upholland

    1334 the priory attracted episcopal animadversion. William of Doncaster , 149 former prior, was living alone on the manor of Garston , 'contra canonica et regularia instituta.' In 1391 the priory became involved in a violent quarrel with Henry Tebbe

    Townships Lunt

    with remainder to William, son of Richard de Molyneux ; ibid. X. i, 14. A John de Derleigh occurs in Garston in the time of Edward II . Richard the Fowler in 1340 exchanged his house in the Lunt for

    Curbridge Economic history 68. Curbridge township c . 1816, from contemporary maps .

    amalgamations of copyholds in the 16th and 17th centuries. The Newman family acquired two 4-yardland holdings named Pirton 's and Garston 's after late-medieval tenants, 88 and though Henry Newman settled two of the yardlands on a younger son in

    Townships Halewood

    40 s .; and Robert Lathom transferred this lease to Thomas Norris of Speke . 11 John de Blackburn of Garston in 1405 held a piece of land called Holland Place , of the hospital of St. John at Chester

    Townships Tunstall

    appear in the records. 7 John Burton of Tunstall in 1631 paid £10 for declining knighthood. 8 John Turner of Garston had house and lands in Tunstall which were declared forfeit by the Commonwealth and sold in 1653 . 9

    Index of parishes, townships & manors

    (m) indicates manor, (p) parish, and (t) township. Aigburth ( Garston ), 125 Ainsdale ( Formby ), 50 Aintree , (t) 99, (m) 100 Allerton , (t) 128, (m) 129 Altcar , (p) 221, (m) 222 Alt Grange ( Ince

    Watford Introduction

    1904 . There are parks at Garston House , the residence of Mr. Thomas Farries , in the hamlet of Garston , a small village lying on the St. Albans road ; at Garston Manor a little farther north, the

    Parishes Heckfield

    wheat and oats. Among place-names occurring in early records are the following: Dainymore, Le Breche, 5 Hwarnepol 6 and La Garston Regis 7 (xiii cent.); Rychers 8 (xv cent.); Cane Meadow , 9 Harperstyle, Trolles Ende, 10 Vaulandes, 11 Le

    Parishes Tredington

    field, north of the village, Ham and Garston field, south-east of the village, Broadmead (later Banworth) field, 3/4 mile north-east from the church, and Furzen field east again beyond Broadmead field. Ham and Garston field, as the name implies, was

    West Derby hundred The City of Liverpool

    townships of Kirkdale , Walton , part of Fazakerley , Everton , West Derby , Wavertree , the Toxteths and Garston , as well as Smeddon or Smithdown, the Esmedun of Domesday. These areas have been added by successive enlargements

    Parishes Great Cheverell

    between the First and Second World Wars at Townsend . A council estate was constructed east of High Street at Garston and Green Lane in the 1950s , and another at Hill Corner c . 1960. A small estate to

    Parishes Rushall

    fields included Shepherds Path, Middle, and Home fields north of the drove, and Whitefoot Hill field south of the drove. Garston field was presumably the field south of the church later imparked. On average the fields measured perhaps 50 a.

    Townships Downham

    been acquired at the end of the 13th century from William de Featherston , 61 descending to the Blackburns of Garston 62 and the Irelands of Lydiate . 63 The abbeys of Whalley 64 and Sawley 65 had land in

    Tidenham including Lancaut Introduction Lancaut , Tidenham and Woolaston c. 1810

    parish boundary south of Ashwell Grange . 60 An Iron Age fort gave its name to Oldbury field east of Garston , but its remains were mostly ploughed out in the mid 19th century. 61 Excav ation at a tumulus

    Parishes Beaconsfield

    Wesleyan Reformed chapel built in 1900 . Among place-names in Beaconsfield occur Walter's land, in the 15th century, 13 and Garston 's Oak , which derived its name from a family residing here from the 14th to the 16th century.

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.