skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Fulking, Source type: Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 20 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    20 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Edburton Nonconformity

    in 1707 there were apparently two Quakers at Fulking . 9 A house which was registered for worship of an unnamed denomination in 1816 seems also likely to have been at Fulking . 10 S.A.C . xlv. 143. D.N.B .

    Edburton Local government

    overseers were recorded in the 17th century. 44 The surveyors of highways named for ' Fulking hamlet' in 1829 possibly dealt with what was later Fulking parish, 45 but there is no other evidence for a division of local government

    Parishes Fulking

    Parishes FulkingFULKING Fochinges (xi cent.); Folkynge (xiii cent.); Fulkyng (xiv cent.). Fulking parish covers a long strip of land, threequarters of a mile in width and about 21/2 miles in length, running northwards from its boundary with Portslade, a

    Edburton Economic history

    there was ½ team. 79 Both Edburton and Truleigh were apparently served by open fields in the same way as Fulking and Perching further east. 80 Closes called East and West laines and Town field were named in 1813 ;

    Edburton Edburton and Fulking c. 1875

    treats its history down to the time of writing. Fulking is treated elsewhere. 77 The ancient parish including Fulking is here sometimes referred to as 'the ecclesiastical parish'. Edburton and Fulking c. 1875 The parish shares the varied geology of

    The hundred of Poynings

    hundred of Poynings THE HUNDRED OF POYNINGS containing the parishes of Fulking ; Newtimber; Poynings ; Pyecombe . At the time of the Domesday Survey the hundred consisted of Fulking , Perching, Paythorne , Newtimber, Saddlescombe , Poynings , and

    List of maps

    2 Lower Beeding , c . 1875 (except Colgate and Bewbush ) 8 Upper Beeding , 1733 30 Edburton and Fulking , c . 1875 46 Ifield , Bewbush , and Colgate , c . 1910 54 Crawley : boundary

    Edburton Education

    kept a school in the rectory for his family and others. 14 A new school was built in the modern Fulking parish c . 1842, with help from Col. George Wyndham , lord of Truleigh manor. 15 Children from Edburton

    Burbeach Hundred

    in Steyning hundred in 1288 9 and in Singlecross in 1600 ; 10 in 1624 Fulking , Perching (in Fulking ), and Paythorne (also in Fulking ), were presumably reckoned in with Edburton . 11 Tottington was apparently included in

    Edburton Manors and other estates

    but what was later the manor seems likely to be 2½ hides of the 4 hides of Paythorne in Fulking , which Levenot held of King Edward in 1066 , the 2½ hides being held in 1086 of William de

    Edburton Church

    benefice was to be exercised alternately by the Lord Chancellor and by the archbishop and bishop jointly. 54 Tithes at Fulking and Perching were granted to Lewes priory in the late 11th century; 55 in 1341 they were worth 2

    Parishes Poynings PARISH CHURCH of HOLY TRINITY POYNINGS

    rectangle, 3 miles in length and averaging 3/4 mile in width, lying due north and south, between the parishes of Fulking and Newtimber, and covering 1,642 acres. The south of the parish is all Downland and sheep-pasture, but the northern

    Woodmancote Manors and other estates

    Stephen Marshal of Wick granted Wick manor to Robert Aguillon in exchange for a rent charge from Perching manor in Fulking , 99 and William Aguillon was dealing with lands in Woodmancote , possibly the same, in 1282 . 1

    Albourne Economic history

    which land in the parish was held were Saddlescombe in Newtimber, 84 Pakyns in Hurstpierpoint , 85 and Perching in Fulking , of which Truslers Hill farm was held copyhold in 1812 . 86 Tithe income from sheaves was 19

    Woodmancote Economic history

    manors which had lands in the parish were Stretham in Henfield , 92 Twineham Benfield , 93 and Perching in Fulking , of which Bramlands in the south-west corner was held until enfranchisement in 1860 . 94 Swains farm, on

    List of maps

    belonged in 1073 to William de Braose, 54 and in 1086 Fulking was said once to have been part of it. 55 Shipley , however, was not entered separately in Domesday Book, but may there be included in Thakeham .

    Index K-Z

    fam., Patchgate : bailiwick, and see Cowfold : Parkgate Patching : Thos. (fl. 1658), Thos. (fl. 1683), Paythorne , see Fulking : Paythorne Pearse , Jennifer Langlands , see Burrows, Jennifer Pease Pottage , see Slaugham peat digging , Peck

    The rape and honour of Lewes The Rape of Lewes : from Budgen's Map of Sussex , 1724.

    Wapsbourne, Chailey , Iford , Worth, Ditchling , ' Banham ', Firles', Maplesden , Piddingworth, Folkington near Wilmington , and Fulking , 95 with a share of fees in Blatchington, and Ovingdean , and Deopham , and with certain of

    Index A-J

    Warnham friendly societies , Friends , Soc. of, see Quakers Friesians , see dairying fruit growing , Fulford , Thos., Fulking , Fuller (Follour) : Charlotte, m. Luke Upperton , Edw., Eliz., see Butcher Hugh, Jas., John, fam., n fulling

    Index A-J

    ch., archit., chwdns., chyd., clubs and socs., curates, and see Baker dom. archit., eccl. par., Edburton Ho ., educ., est., Fulking , q.v . geol., glebe, local govt., Lower Edburton , man., ho., see Edburton : Aburton Fm. mkt. gdns.,

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.