skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Falcon, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 52 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    52 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Parishes Priors Marston

    in the south side of the back wing, but the front windows have been modernized. The gables are coped. The Falcon Inn , about 250 yards south-east of the church, at the south-east corner of the smaller loop, is a

    The city of Cambridge Inns

    Hart ', and the ' White Horse ', are all mentioned before 1500, and the 'Cock', the 'Crane', the ' Falcon ', and the 'Lion' occur soon after. 96 The accounts of a Cambridge vintner for 1510 note deliveries of

    Wivenhoe Local government

    be 'founded in malice'. 48 In the 18th and early 19th centuries the vestry met at the Swan , the Falcon , or the Anchor , inns. 49 Between 1 847 and 1894 it met at the church from 5

    Churches and religious bodies Other churches

    were held in Pepper Street 1925-36 , at Forest House in Love Street 1936-40 , and in rooms above the Falcon cafe in Lower Bridge Street 1940-7 . The church bought the elementary school behind St. Olave's church in 1946

    Stoke Newington Growth: Church Street Stoke Newington : Church Street c. 1848

    the south side of Church Street , at the eastern end, between 1788 and 1816 and eight were built at Falcon Court behind the inn between 1798 and 1816 . 84 In 1822 Meshach Izzard , a local carpenter, was

    Major buildings The Rows

    occupied the whole east side of Bridge Street from the Cross to Dee Bridge. 84 On the west side the Falcon (no. 6) still in 2000 contained a large medieval undercroft and early evidence of a gallery. In the early

    Enfield Social life

    Union society began to meet in the Goat , Forty Hill , and the Society of Good Fellowship in the Falcon , South Street . 4 The Amicable society met at the New Inn at Coopers Lane gate from 1796

    Townships Birkdale

    wall near Ainsdale demesne and to follow certain stoups to the Brown Hill or Brown Brante and so to the Falcon Hawe, and then west to the sea. There ha d formerly been frequent disputes owing to cattle straying over

    Parishes Kyre Wyard or Kyre Magna

    Lord Compton . 44 Edward Pytts was an officer of the Court of Common Pleas and had an office in Falcon Court, in the parish of St. Dunstan's , Fleet Street . 45 He made a settlement on his wife,

    The colleges and halls Clare College Clare College . Or three chevrons gules (for Clare ) impaling or a cross gules (for de Burgh ) all within a bordersable with golden drops .

    Restoration by Barnabas Oley, who had himself conveyed the Clare plate to Charles I . The old pieces are the Falcon Cup , Flemish, c . 1560, the Poison Cup , German, c . 1560, the Serpentine Cup , English,

    The borough of Bedford Introduction

    behind. Above this passage at the back is a gabled wall having nicely carved ori ginal oak barge-boards. The ' Falcon ,' a 16th-century hostelry, belonged to the Bourne family in 1559 , when Richard Borne died seised of it.

    Old Stratford Old Stratford Village

    on tofts adjoining the inn. 3 John Furnice paid rates on the Falcon in 1739 , presumably as tenant. 4 Forfett died in 1761 , leaving the Falcon to his daughter Frances, the wife of Isaac Riviere , a London

    Stoke Newington Social and cultural activities

    for respectable tradesmen; 12 a public house called the Red Lion was still on the site in 1983 . The Falcon , named in 1723 and almost certainly in existence by 1716 and rebuilt in 1854 , stood on the

    Topography 900- 1914 Early modern and georgian, 1550-1840 Forest house

    kitchens, cisterns, privies, and stables. 7 The handsome timbered fa├žades of the new buildings, well exemplified by those of the Falcon (no. 6 Lower Bridge Street ) and Bishop Lloyd's House with its carved frieze, added to the attractions of

    Georgian Colchester Topography Hollytrees House, 1748 The Castle grounds in 1748 and 1767 The gardens of East Hill Houes in 1748 and 1767

    former hospital in St. Martin's Lane in the 1730s 46 and John Bernard acquired part of the yard of the Falcon and Queen's Head inn in High Street before 1748. Between 1748 and 1777 a small garden was laid out

    Little Stanmore Introduction

    Bacon Lane and one or two at Elstree . Tenements within the manor of Little Stanmore called the Lion, the Falcon , and the Crown, whose holders had pasture rights in Stanmore marsh in 1582 , 44 were presumably inns

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Borough

    See below, p. 287. D. 31. The Chamberlain's Accounts for 1660 include also payments to Joseph Philipps (of the ' Falcon ') 'for Wyne was put in the crose pumpe at the proclaminge of the Kinge' and to Richard Philipps

    Parishes Uppingham Montfort. Bendy of ten pieces or and azure . Beauchamp . Gules a fesse between six crosslets or .

    South Street . On the south side of the Market Place is the church, on the north side the ' Falcon ,' once an inn, now rebuilt as an hotel. In early times there was a town hall in the

    Stoke Newington Protestant nonconformity

    Newington were protestant dissenters. 78 The proportion increased during the 19th century. A room over a coachhouse belonging to the Falcon in Church Street was used as a meeting house from c . 1796 to c . 1816. 79 Meeting

    Wivenhoe Charities for the poor

    owned in the early 19th century by Thomas Harvey , ship- builder; it was refurbished in 1984 . 63 The Falcon just north of the church had a warehouse, brew- ery, and bowling green in the 18th century, and accommodated

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item


As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.