skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Ellesborough, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 17 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    17 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 17 View more View all

    Parishes Ellesborough

    Parishes EllesboroughELLESBOROUGHEllesborough is an irregularly-shaped parish, lying on the northern slope of the Chiltern Hills . It contains nearly 3,595 acres. 1 The highest point is Combe Hill , which is 852 ft. high, 2 but in the

    Houses of Benedictine monks The priory of Sandwell

    rights in distant Ellesborough where by the 1220s Alan de Maidewelle was claiming half the advowson. In 1224, however, he renounced his claim. 13 In 1276 Richard de Seyton and his wife claimed the advowson of Ellesborough against the prior

    The three hundreds of Aylesbury Introduction Index Map to the Three Hundreds of Aylesbury Stone Risborough And Aylesbury

    Kimble, Great; Kimble, Little; Stone Aylesbury hundred Containing the Parishes of Aston Clinton ; Bierton with Broughton ; Buckland ; Ellesborough ; Halton ; Hulcott ; Lee ; Missenden, Great; Missenden, Little; Stoke Mandeville ; Weston Turville 1 ; Aylesbury

    Parishes Middle Claydon

    Cauntlow granted Middle Claydon Manor to his brother Nicholas, 30 who soon afterwards succeeded him in Ellesborough . Middle Claydon then descended with Ellesborough in the Cauntlows 31 and Zouches to William la Zouche, a minor at his father's death

    Parishes Little Kimble

    The parish was inclosed under an Act of Parliament for inclosing the common fields of Great and Little Kimble and Ellesborough . The award was given on 2 May 1805 . 3 Little Kimble has now been amalgamated with Great

    Parishes Little Hampden

    at Great Missenden , on the Metropolitan Extension Railway . The village lies on a cross road running south from Ellesborough , the few houses of which it is composed being built on the western slope of a valley in

    Parishes Great Kimble

    more or less restored principals with moulded tie-beams, purlins, braces, & c. The parish of Great Kimble , together with Ellesborough and Little Kimble , was inclosed under an Act of Parliament of 43 George III ; the inclosure award

    Parishes Princes Risborough

    to Ansculf de Pinchengi very shortly after the settlement of the Normans , 8 but was exchanged for part of Ellesborough with Ralph Talgebosch or Taillebois, by the king's command. Soon afterwards Risborough ag ain changed hands, and was held

    Parishes Stone

    Reade ( 1801-70 ) held the living from 1839 to 1859 , when he was presented to the vicarage of Ellesborough . He was distinguished as a chemist, microscopist, and a photographic discoverer, and at the time of his death

    Parishes Ludgershall with Kingswood

    Ibid. 121. He made a settlement with his brother William in 1364 securing the descent of the family lands in Ellesborough to himself and his heirs (Feet of F. Bucks . Mich. 38 Edw. III , no. 10). Visit. of

    Parishes Wolverton

    important manor assessed at 20 hides, the head of the fief of Manno the Breton, who also held land in Ellesborough , Chalfont St. Giles , Aston Sandford , Drayton Beauchamp , Helsthorpe (in Drayton Beauchamp ), Lamport in Stowe

    Parishes Stoke Mandeville

    obtained a grant of view of frankpledge to be held twice a year for his tenants in Stoke Mandeville , Ellesborough , and Little Kimble . 89 The Clarkes of Ardington also held view of frankpledge and many other rights.

    Hackney Mare Street and London Fields The south end of Mare Street c . 1830

    called the madhouse', with land in Mare Street adjoining Sheep Lane, to her son John, of the Grove , in Ellesborough (Bucks.), 97 whose nephew Richard Bristow in 1769 left them for sale to Richard Heron . 98 East of

    Parishes Newport Pagnell

    survived. Honour In 1086 William Fitz Ansculf held in demesne or in service lands assessed at 1033 /4 hides in Ellesborough , Hampden, Ditton , Stoke Poges , Hoggeston , Soulbury , Stewkley , Cheddington , North Marston , Swanbourne

    Parishes Waddesdon with Westcott and Woodham

    and suit of court of the manor of Eythrope (q.v.). 183 Ham was held by the Cantlows and passed, like Ellesborough 184 (q.v.), through Millicent, heiress of that family, to the Zouches. William la Zouche of Haryngworth seems to have

    Parishes Fringford

    d 561. Ibid.; Blo. Fring . 37-38. Oxf. Dioc. d 558. Ibid. d 570. For family memorials in church of Ellesborough see Lipscomb, Bucks , ii. 185, 194-5. For him see Macray, Magdalen Reg . v. 154-5. Blo. Fring .

    Index A-J

    Clapton , Upper Buccleuch Ho . (flats) , Buck , Chas., Buck House (or Horse) Lane , Buckinghamshire , see Ellesborough ; Eton Coll .; Penn ; Princes Risborough Buckler, A.E. , Buckley , Miss Bessie, Buck 's Buildings ,

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.