skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Curdworth, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 18 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    18 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 18 View more View all

    Corrigenda to volumes I - III

    Vol. II, page 13 b , line 4 from end, for Cudworth read Curdworth " " 17 b , line 2 from end, for Cudworth read Curdworth " " 37 b , lines 1-2, for Mountgrace Priory read St. Mary

    Parishes Curdworth

    Parishes CurdworthCURDWORTH Acreage: 3,181. 1 Population: 1911, 335; 1921, 413; 1931, 405. The parish of Curdworth lies about 8 miles from Birmingham on the Birmingham to Kingsbury road , which crosses the parish from west to east. The average

    Parishes Water Orton

    Feb. 1687 Robert Lloyd granted and released to trustees all his messuages, cottages, lands, and hereditaments in Sutton Coldfield and Curdworth upon trust to pay the rents and profits to the minister, curate, or chaplain being an orthodox man of

    Friaries The Franciscan friars of Lichfield

    the friars at Lichfield . 20 As late as 1537 Nicholas Rugeley , who died that year at Dunton in Curdworth (Warws.), left the friary 12 d . 21 Relations with the outside world were not always good, however. In

    Parishes Merevale

    not repairing Hance bridge 'in the parish of Merevale near Ousterne house', called in 1647 'a mill way leading from Curdworth to Shustoke '. 2 Ouston has long been absorbed into Lea Marston , but the date of the transference

    Parishes Wishaw

    or . Lisle. Argent three eagles gules . The manor of MOXHULL seems to have been originally a member of Curdworth . 46 It was held under the Earls of Warwick as half a knight's fee by members of the

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Maxstoke

    that the Ruggeley mummers would be those in the service of Nicholas Ruggeley, who lived at Dunton Hall , near Curdworth . The following are the entries under this head for two consecutive years:- 11 Henry VI Itm' cuidam mimo

    Parishes Lea Marston

    of excellent meadow land. An Inclosure Act affecting 770 acres in Lea Marston and Dunton (in the neighbouring parish of Curdworth ) was passed in 1775 . 1 Lea has several old houses about the village green or near by;

    The borough of Sutton Coldfield NEW HALL SUTTON COLDFIELD

    to take timber to repair buildings within the manors of Peddimore and Curdworth and also to sell twenty pounds' worth. 262 From this time Peddimore presumably descended with Curdworth (q.v.) in the Arden family. 263 John Arden died seised of

    Houses of Benedictine monks The priory of Canwell

    of Drayton , the grandson of Geva who died shortly before 1166; 12 and a virgate and meadowland adjoining in Curdworth (Warws.) given by Cecily, sister of Hugh of Arden about 1150. 13 These slender resources, even with some l

    Parishes Claverdon

    it, 60 and he died in 1450 holding it of the Duke of Buckingham . 61 It subsequently passed with Curdworth (q.v.) and came to Edward Arden , who seems to have sold in it 1563 62 to William Baylies

    Parishes Bulkington

    concealed by a pile of rubbish. The character of the openings is very similar to those in the tower of Curdworth , the tower and spire of Coleshill , and others in this district. The octagonal form is preserved up

    Parishes Coleshill

    the two preceding deeds, purchased a fee farm rent of £35 17 s . issuing out of the manor of Curdworth as a security for the charities. Thomas Everett by will dated 27 February 1712 gave his brother John Everett

    Index A-J

    , Berington , Jos., Berkeley , Sir Maur., Bernard , Jas., Berners , John, Berwood , see Curdworth Berwood Hall Farm , see Curdworth Berwood Manor , see St. Mary 's Ch. Best, R. H. , Ric. (fl. 1659), Ric.

    Domesday Book 1540-1750 CHURCH ASTON 1681

    only one inventory in five mentions sheep 6 and fourteen was the highest number kept by anyone, except for John Curdworth who left 58 head in 1624 . 7 Flocks of over 50 head were not uncommon in mid 16th-century

    Manors

    share to Arden Bagot , son of Hervey , 70 and this half of the manor descended with Berwood in Curdworth . 71 The quarter held by Godith and Herbert was probably sold by their son John with Park Hall

    Economic and Social History Mills RIVERS

    14th centuries there was also a mill, probably on the Plants Brook , attached to the manor of Berwood in Curdworth , now Berwood Hall Farm in modern Birmingham . 35 Mills on the Southern Tributaries of the Tame 36

    The Growth of the City CENTRAL BIRMINGHAM , c. 1950 GROWTH OF THE URBAN AREA

    the Tame; they were not in fact in Aston ancient parish and form that part of Minworth civil parish (in Curdworth ancient parish) which was added to the city of Birmingham in 1931 . 22 South from Castle Bromwich lay

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.