skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Crowle, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 28 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    28 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Parishes Crowle

    Wulfstan in Worcester obtained land at Crowle from various donors. Walter Hacket of Crowle gave a virgate and a half of land, Stephen son of Hugh de Crowle gave a virgate of land in Crowle , and another virgate there,

    Parishes Huddington

    to it have been found, confirm the opinion that it was a chapelry of Crowle . It seems to have passed with the church of Crowle (q.v.) to the Combes, for John Combes and his wife Rose and Edward Combes

    Parishes Broughton Hackett

    , for the poor, and the charity of the Rev. William Hurt , a former rector, for a schoolmaster in Crowle -have been lost through the insolvency of the holders of the principal sums. Priv. Act , 47 Geo. III,

    The hundred of Halfshire Introduction and map

    Alvechurch and Stoke Prior in Came Hundred, Cleeve Prior with Lench, Hanbury , Phepson in Himbleton , and parts of Crowle and Inkberrow in Esch Hundred, and Hartlebury and Wolverley in Cressel au Hundred belonged to the church of Worcester

    The hundred of Oswaldslow Introduction and map

    Pensax TIDMINGTON CROPTHORNE with Charlton and Netherton LITTLE MALVERN TREDINGTON with Armscote , Blackwell , Darlingscott and Newbold on Stour CROWLE NORTON JUXTA KEMPSEY DAYLESFORD ODDINGLEY WARNDON ELMLEY CASTLE OMBERSLEY WELLAND EVENLODE OVERBURY with Alstone , Conderton , Teddington and

    Parishes Shelsley Walsh

    ( 1905 ). Heming, Chartul . (ed. Hearne ), 251. V.C.H. Worcs . i, 313. The same Simon also held Crowle (ibid. 297). For its descent see Wychbold in Dodderhill ( V.C.H. Worcs . iii, 59-60). Red Bk. of Exch

    Hospitals Worcester

    of the preceptory with the church steeple and churchyard, the manor of Chadwick , the appropriate rectories of Claines and Crowle , and the chapel of St. Godwald, 22 were granted to Richard Morison , 23 w ho in the

    Charities

    before 1655 when the corporation granted a fresh lease.( 2 ) No more is known of it. Crowle 's Hospital : George Crowle is said to have founded this hospital in Sewer Lane in 1661 , when he was mayor.(

    Hull , 1700-1835

    despite a strong challenge by George Crowle . 270 In 1724, after St. Quintin's death, Crowle stood again in opposition to Sir Henry Hoghton . The government and the corporation supported Hoghton , but Crowle had the backing of Trinity

    Parishes Bredicot

    a This story is complicated by the fact that in the boundaries of a charter of about 840 relating to Crowle reference is made to 'Godings boundary at Bradigcotan' ( Birch , Cart. Sax . ii, 2). If Heming's tale

    The borough of Reading Introduction

    seq. a A late 12th-century lectern of marble, supported in precisely the same manner, but with the desk itself formed out of the upper portion of the stone, exists at Crowle in Worcestershire . See V.C.H. Worcs . iii, 333.

    Parishes Upper Snodsbury

    allotments. In 1908-9 £12 was received and applied towards church expenses. Snoddeslea is mentioned in 840 among the boundaries of Crowle , a parish adjoining Upton Snodsbury ( Birch , Cart. Sax . ii, 2). Upton and Snodsbury were in

    Parishes St Martin

    quarter of a mile beyond Swinesherd leads to Cudley Court, which is connected by another path with the road from Crowle . This road passes through the hamlets of Newtown and Ronkswood , and runs almost due west across the

    Hemingbrough Cliffe with Lund

    in Newhay in the early 17th century. 1 The manor and estate were in 1738 sold by members of the Crowle family to John Middleton . 2 In 1806 they were bought by William Phillips , and c . 1820

    Houses of Benedictine monks Priory of St Mary , Worcester

    the cemetery in view of its age. 167 In the same year he restored to the priory the manor of Crowle Siward, originally granted in the reign of Bertulf, the Mercian king, and since lost, 168 and leased to the

    The city of Worcester City churches and advowsons

    granted in 1542 to the dean and chapter, 48 to whom it has since belonged. 49 In 1352 John de Crowle gave the parson of St. Andrew's half an acre of land for enlarging his rectory. 50 In the time

    Alveston

    registers on 31 May 1552 . The D.N.B . is therefore in error in stating that the Prior died at Crowle in 1559 . Birch , Cart. Sax . iii, no. 1182. V.C.H. Warw . i, 302. Reg. Worc. Priory

    Parishes Pershore , Holy Cross

    It was purchased about 1720 by Richard Nash of Henry Stafford , nephew and heir of Sir John Cocks of Crowle , and belonged at the end of the 18th century to the Rev. Treadway Nash . 4 The wood

    Parishes Himbleton

    wife Alice and Alexander his son. 85 Simon de Shell paid a subsidy of 2 s . at Shell and Crowle in 1280 , and at the same date Geoffrey de Shell paid 2 s . 6 d . at

    Parishes North Crawley

    NORTH CRAWLEY Crawele, Craule, Crowle (xiii cent.); Great Craule, Croule juxta Newport Pagnel (xiv cent.); North Crolye (xv cent.). This parish covers 3,366 acres, of which 1,130 acres are arable, 1,660 permanent grass and only 42 woods and plantations. 1

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.