skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Cosham, Access: Free, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 17 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    17 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 17 View more View all

    Parishes Wymering

    his son Peter de Cosham , who held his lands in Cosham by the same tenure. 48 This Peter de Cosham seems to have had several daughters, the two eldest of whom divided the land in Cosham . 49 Peter,

    Parishes Widley

    was amalgamated with Wymering and formed into the present parish of Cosham . 1 Widley is now a small secluded hamlet to which the most direct approach from Cosham and Wymering is by a track down the northern slope of

    Stonehouse Charities

    brought in an annual income of over £50 to help provide homes for old inhabitants of Stonehouse . 33 William Cosham , by will dated 1854 gave £1,400 to be put to various uses in Cainscross ; £23 of the

    The hundred of Portsdown Introduction INDEX MAP to the HUNDRED of PORTSDOWN with the Liberties of PORTSMOUTH & ALVERSTOKE

    with COSHAM and HILSEA BOARHUNT WIDLEY 1 FARLINGTON with DRAYTON THE LIBERTY OF PORTSMOUTH AND PORTSEA ISLAND PORTCHESTER SOUTHWICK THE LIBERTY OF ALVERSTOKE At the time of the Domesday Survey the hundred of Portsdown included Bedhampton , Wymering , Cosham

    Hospitals St Julian , or God's House, Winchester

    Black Prince a knight, it appears that the prior of God's House, Southampton , held half a knight's fee in Cosham . 2 Among the muniments at Queen's College are not only the charters of God's House, but also a

    Parishes Southwick

    Cosham , for in the thirteenth century the prior of Southwick held by serjeanty a virgate and a half at Newland , out of the land which the abbot of Titchfield had obtained from Peter de Cosham (see under

    Parishes Farlington

    settlement, as its name implies, lies on the London and Portsmouth road about three miles north of Cosham , traversed by the Cosham and Horndean light railway, and provided with numerous inns, including one with the appropriate name of the

    Houses of Premonstratensian canons Abbey of Titchfield

    was endowed with the manor of Titchfield and its appurtenances, and with lands in Swanwick , Porchester , Walsworth and Cosham . This was confirmed, with grants of the fullest privileges, by Henry III . in 1231 . 4 Other

    Parishes Northwood

    ii, 205. The tapers in the chapel of God's House were made of wax from the beehives of Werror and Cosham . Robert the priest and John Fleming went to the Island to hold the courts of the manor in

    The borough of Reading Manors

    Reading Abbey until the Dissolution. 51 The nucleus of this estate is found in the grant 52 of Peter de Cosham to the monks in the 12th century of all his lan d of Whitley within and without the borough,

    Parishes Church Oakley

    and Livingstone : she died in 1816 , leaving an only son, afterwards Sir David Thurlow Cuninghame , bart., of Cosham , 39 who sold Malshanger about 1858 to Sir Wyndham Spencer Portal , bart., 40 from whose son Sir

    Parishes Carisbrooke

    I ( J. S. Davies , Hist. of Southampton , 451). This land formerly belonged to Peter de Cosham , who held Cosham on the mainland (see V.C.H. Hants , iii, 168). Feud. Aids , ii, 339, 353; V.C.H. Hants

    The parish of Hambledon

    Hamuldon (xiv cent.). Hambledon is eight miles north of Cosham station, and twelve miles north of Portsmouth . The parish is about six miles in length, and three and a half miles in breadth at the widest part. The area

    Parishes St Helens

    in Preston , 46 evidently Preston Vavasour , which is afterwards alternatively called Troub lefield. In 1529 Richard Perman of Cosham , Hants , and his wife Juliana, daughter and co-heiress of John Stephens , sold 'a tenement called Preston

    The liberty of Portsmouth and Portsea Island Introduction A Plan of Portsmouth 1762 .

    with the loopholes of half-hidden fortifications. In 1831 part of the island, viz. Hilsea , which is now included in Cosham parish (q.v.), and a portion of Portsea parish known as the Gildable, lay in the hundred of Portsdown, while

    Parishes Newport

    town lies low, surrounded by high ground, and consists of six main streets- High Street , South Street (formerly called Cosham Street ), Pyle Street , Crocker Street, Lugley Street and Sea Street, running east and west, crossed by three

    Index A-J

    1812), Thos. Beale (fl. 1851), Cooper and Wathen, firm of, Copner, Wm., Corsliche, Wm. de, Cosby , Sir Hen ., Cosham , Wm., Coton , Clay ( Northants .), Cotton, Geo., Countess of Huntingdon 's Connexion, Courtauld Institute, see London

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item


As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.