skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Colston, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 42 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    42 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Chilton Trinity Economic history

    (587 a.), owner of Pignes manor including Chilton and Hawker's farms; the Merchant Venturers of Bristol (304 a.), administrators of Colston 's Hospital and owners of Idstock and Beere; Sir Charles Tynte (224 a.), owner of Huntstile ; and John

    Stockland Bristol Manor and other estates

    Idstock in Chilton Trinity . 36 Edmund Bowyer sold Juvenis with Idstock to Edward Colston in 1707 and it formed part of the estate of Colston 's hospital, Bristol , until 1919. 37 In 1920 Juvenis was divided among several

    Edgeworth Church

    was granted to Barbara Ridler , 51 and it remained with the owners of that part until 1830 when Edward Colston Greville devised it to his son Charles. 52 Charles sold the advowso n to Thomas Erskine May, the Revd.

    Chilton Trinity Manors and other estates

    sold Idstock with Beere and other adjoining land to Edward Colston of London , remaining life tenant until his death in 1715 . 66 The estate formed part of Colston 's Hospital foundation at Bristol until it was sold as

    Edgeworth Manor and other estates

    died in 1814 leaving his estate to his wife Mary (d. July 1830 ), with remainder to the Revd. Edward Colston Greville (d. Oct. 1830 ) who left it to be sold for the benefit of his seven children. 67

    Wheatenhurst or Whitminster Manors and other estates

    of Francis Willoughby , Lord Middleton , and Sophia, wife of Alexander Ready (later Colston ). In 1777 Mary's son Thomas, Lord Middleton , and Sophia Colston sold Wheatenhurst manor to Nathaniel Peach . Peach settled the manor in 1780

    Houses of Augustinian canons The priory of Launde

    -byWelland, and Ashby ( Northants .), Welham , Holt , Frisby -on-the-Wreak, Oadby , Ab Kettleby , and Witherley (Leics.), Colston Basset (Notts.), Wardley (Rut.), Pattingham (Staffs.), Hathersege (Derbys.), and several others. 3 The grant of Loddington probably included the

    Parishes Princes Risborough

    heir being his grandson Robert, whose estates were sequestered during the Civil War. 123 In 1561 George Gosnald , of Colston Basset, Notts., obtained the estate of Lord Dormer in Princes Risborough on a lease, paying £230 a year. 124

    Parishes West Pennard

    by the 1830s by Edward Colston . 143 By 1840 Colston owned 798 a. divided between five farms 144 and in 1847 William Colston had 1,525 a. 145 William's successor C. E. H. A. Colston , of Roundway Park (

    Spaxton Manors and other estates

    in the Bowyer family until 1707, when it was transferred to Edward Colston , who leased it back to Edmund Bowyer in 1709 . 67 In 1723 Colston 's executors recovered the estate following legal proceedings, 68 and it was

    Hemingbrough Brackenholme with Woodhall

    holding was built up by the Kirlew family and sold c . 1674 by Thomas Kirlew to Joshua Colston . In 1700 Colston 's heirs, three daughters, sold the manor of Woodhall to William Mason . 77 In 1717 Mason's

    Salford hundred The parish of Deane PARISH of DEANE

    of the parochial tithes was divided among the chapelries. In 1723 Sir Lawrence Anderton sold to Franc is Loggin ( Colston ) the rectory (i.e. the tithes, & c.); Pal. of Lanc. Feet of F. bdle. 289, m. 93. Francis

    Stogursey Manors Plan of Fairfield

    later 17th century more usually as Monkton Home manor. 45 From 1713 the Merchant Venturers of Bristol as trustees of Colston 's hospital held the manor at farm. In 1921 Eton College and the Merchant Venturers acted together and sold

    Parishes Coln Rogers

    In 1808, following Elizabeth's death, the dean and chapter of Gloucester admitted Alexander Colston as tenant and in 1855 the copyhold passed to his nephew John Morris Colston . He died later that year and the estate was held in

    Parishes East Lydford

    1832 . 34 By 1838 it had been acquired by Edward Francis Colston , 35 lord of West Lydford manor, and by 1859 was known as the Colston 's Arms after its owner. 36 Between 1872 and 1875 it became

    Banbury Buildings

    22). Wood-Jones , Trad. Dom. Archit. Banbury Region , 11-12; W. G. Hoskins , Provincial England , cap. 7. e.g. Colston 's house at Bristol and Grevil's house at Chipping Campden ; two smaller houses, the George Inn and the

    Index A - Z

    Collewylle , Nic., 110 Collyns , Wm, rector of Street , 192 Colman , Chas, 194 Colmer , Wm, 146 Colston : Chas Edw. H. M., 146, 148 Edw. (d. 1867), 146, 148 Edw. Fr. (d. 1847), m. Marianne Jenkins

    Index A - K

    Co. Ltd. , 272 Collison , Geo., 226, 298, 357 Collyer , see Collier Colman , Ronald, film actor, 273 Colston : Eliz., m. (1) Hen. Parvishe (2) Sir Mic. Hicks, 195, 217, 219 Gabriel, 195, 259 Ralph, 189 Combes

    Leyton Manors and estates

    to Henry Johnson of Woodford , 122 whose widow, Dorothy, sold it in 1592 to Ralph Colston , skinner. 123 Barnes , Powle, and Colston were all keepers of Leyton walk in Waltham forest. 124 In 1599 Ralph also bought

    Index A-Z

    Ducis , peculiar of, 149 Collins , Ant., 28; Wm., 140 Collinson , John, 180 Colstan the priest , 24 Colston , C. E. H., 1st baron Roundway , 192, 219; Edw., 192; E. F., 192 Columbers , Eleanor (d.

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.