skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Clintons, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 17 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    17 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 17 View more View all

    Cassington Local government

    Montagus, and presumably their predecessors the Clintons , held courts for their manor, to which in 1279 the sheriff of Oxfordshire had entry once a year to hold view of frankpledge and collect 4 s . Certainty money. 5 In

    Parishes Austrey

    time the Ferrers lands, now a parcel of the Duchy of Lancaster , had come into the hands of the Clintons as under-tenants. The manor was held jointly by Sir John Clinton and his wife Elizabeth , and after his

    Parishes Swanbourne

    Kokefeld finally quitclaimed all their right. 45 Before 1208 Henry de Clinton subinfeudated the manor to Robert de Braybrook, the Clintons retaining the position of intermediary lords until some time after 1278 . 46 After this date their interest appears

    Parishes Snitterfield [ Plan of Snitterfield church ]

    to William Cumin. 11 Hugh's granddaughter Margery married Osbert de Clinton , and the mesne lordship was held by the Clintons in 1316 12 and as late as 1386. 13 According to Dugdale William Cumin was succeeded by his nephew

    Parishes Arley

    Lovel , for his support of Lambert Simnel in 1487 , 83 the advowson seems to have remained with the Clintons till 1517, when the feoffees of Thomas, Lord Clinton , presented after his death. 84 By 1554 the advowson

    Parishes Weston Underwood

    obtained the rights in Weston Underwood which she was exercising as early as 1222. 25 Her interest devolved on the Clintons , 26 and the connexion of the honour of Bidun with both manors was maintained until the early 14th

    Frampton on Severn Manors and other estates

    The Templars ' rights in Frampton , treated as part of their manor of Temple Guiting , passed through the Clintons and Huddlestons 23 to Corpus Christi College , Oxford , 24 which received 20 s . rent from Frampton

    Cassington Manors and other estates

    whose family can be traced in Cassington from the later 12th century and may have held a manor under the Clintons . Richard of Cassington was recorded in 1170 and 1172; 89 his son William married Gillian Rampan, a descendant

    Parishes Wing

    was owned in the 18th century by the Fiennes, who purchased it from Lord Limerick , 16 and by the Clintons . 17 Wick , a field in Crafton , showing in addition to fish-ponds and fruit trees indications of

    Parishes Hatton

    the second Margery passed respectively to the prioress of Wroxall and the prioress of Pinley and others; but Margery de Clinton's descendants claimed the whole manor. As wife of John D'Abitot she claimed to be Hugh Fitz William 's heir

    Cassington Economic history

    there were two mills on Wadard's manors. One, probably in Somerford , descended with one of the manors to the Clintons and the Montagus. It was r epaired in 1198 , and valued at 20 s . in 1320 and

    Parishes Glympton

    Clinton held small estates in Glympton in the early 13th century, but their relationship, if any, with the earlier de Clintons is unknown. Bk. of Fees , i. 395-8, 448, 451. Cal. Inq. p.m . ii, p. 34; Rot. Hund

    Parishes Solihull

    second husband of Joan daughter and heir of Sir John de Clinton, 222 the lordship had presumably belonged to the Clintons . In 1457 Sir Baldwin Mountfort was dealing with the manor of Kingsford ; 223 in 1496 it was

    The borough of Stratford-upon-Avon Manors

    time. 221 It is not mentioned in Domesday, but in the following century it came by some means to the Clintons . Geoffrey de Clinton the 2nd granted it to Robert de Lucerna, to hold of him as a knight's

    Parishes South Newington South Newington , 1794

    Odo of Bayeux's Domesday estate. 70 His wife was Nicia de Clinton , 71 and it may be that the Clintons had acquired an interest in the manor, as they had in a smaller estate in the parish. 72 Nicia

    Parishes Great and Little Barrington

    hold it in 1402 . 81 John Vampage of Pershore (Worcs.) was lord of the manor (holding it of the Clintons ) at his death in 1508 , and his son Robert 82 died seised of it in 1516 .

    Parishes Iffley Cowley , Iffley and Littlemore . Sketch map before the Inclosure.

    Kenilworth Priory, with a virgate in Cowley and lands in Mollington . 57 The Clintons were founders of Kenilworth , and the terms of Henry de Clinton's confirmation of Juliana's grants 58 implies that he was overlord of the St.

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.