skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Carnforth, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 28 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    28 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Townships Carnforth

    Townships CarnforthCARNFORTH Chrenefbrde, Dom. Bk.; Carneford, 1212; Kerneford, 1261. The township of Carnforth , having an area of 1, 4591/2 acres, 1 lies on the south bank of the River Keer , from which it derives its name, and

    The parish of Warton WARTON . DALTON.

    the ecclesiastical districts of Warton and Carnforth and £1,500 to Silverdale , one moiety of the interest to be devoted to church purposes and the other moiety to the poor. In Warton and Carnforth the poor's share is given in

    Townships Borwick

    , and it is crossed at the western boundary by another road, leading from Carnforth to Burton . There is a station named Borwick on the Carnforth and Wennington branch of the Furness and Midland railway, which runs through the

    Townships Warton with Lindeth

    in Warton and Lindeth . See further in the account of Carnforth . Cal. Pat . 1346-9 , pp. 333, 453. An indenture respecting Mourholme, Warton , Lindeth , Carnforth and Ulverston between Ingram de Coucy and Joan widow of

    Index A-K

    Nonconf., 170 Carnforth , Ad. de, 169 n ; Bern , de, 169; Gilb. de, 169 n ; Godith de, 169; Hen. de, 169 n ; Rob. de, 169; Thos. de, 169 n ; Will, de, 169 n Carnforth with

    Index L-Z

    ( Tatham ), 222 n Staniflat ( Carnforth ), 166 n , 169 n Stank (e) ( Furness ), 299, 299 n , 306, 308 Stankeld ( Carnforth ), 166 Stank Well ( Carnforth ), 166 Stanlaw , John de,

    Townships Nether Kellet

    village it is joined by a road from Bolton , while other roads lead south to Halton and north to Carnforth . The most peculiar natural feature is Dunald Mill Hole , about a mile and a half east-south-east from

    Townships Over Kellet

    Capernwray . It is crossed by the road from Carnforth to Kirkby Lonsdale . The Lancaster and Kendal Canal passes through the north-west corner, as also does the Wennington and Carnforth branch of the Midland and Furness Railway Companies. A

    Townships Priest Hutton

    from it a minor road extends south-east to the village, and then turns south to Borwick . The railway from Carnforth to Wennington runs through the eastern end, near the Keer. The Lancaster and Kendal Canal crosses the extreme south-west

    Townships Melling with Wrayton

    and has branches going west to Wennington and to Wrayton . The Furness and Midland Companies' railway from Wennington to Carnforth crosses the township, which it enters by a tunnel, and has a station at the village of Melling .

    The parish of Bolton-le-Sands BOLTON LE SANDS. HALTON .

    the place is destitute of any very noteworthy event. There is a record of the transfer of the township of Carnforth from this parish, to which it belongs physically as the Keer is the natural boundary, to the parish of

    Houses of Austin canons The priory of Conishead

    occurs 1373, 1376, and 1401 John Conyers , 55 occurs c . 1430 John, 56 occurs 1505 and 1507 George Carnforth , 57 occurs 1515-16 , pensioned 1527 Thomas Lord, 58 occurs 1535, surrendered 1536 Duchy of Lanc. Anct. D.,

    Townships Pillling

    to have purchased a further share; this part has descended to Mr. Edmund Geoffrey Stanley Hornby of Dalton , near Carnforth . 18 The Heskeths 18a about 1770 seem to have sold their third to the other lords, so that

    Townships Silverdale

    582. From the Cove a road goes east through the dale; then, dividing, goes north-east towards Beetham and south towards Carnforth . A branch of the latter turns west along the Lindeth boundary, ascending the hill, and then goes north

    Townships Wennington

    Midland railway just touches the southern border in one place, but Wennington station is in Tatham ; the branch to Carnforth crosses the west end partly through a tunnel. The land is mostly in pasture; the soil is clay, with

    Townships Ashton with Stodday

    rent of £22; Inq. p.m. 20 Edw. III (2nd nos.), no. 63. Sir James Leyburn was farmer of Ashton and Carnforth in 1534 ; Ducatus Lanc . (Rec. Com.), ii, 48. He resided at Ashton at the time of Leland

    Townships Skerton

    1901 was not rendered separately. 1 The principal road goes north from the bridge over the Lune towards Bolton and Carnforth , having on the west side Ryelands , the seat of Lord Ashton , and Hammerton further north. Three

    Townships Yealand Conyers

    water. Lewis , Topog. Dict . V.C.H. Lancs . i, 290 b . It formed part of their Warton or Carnforth fee. Lancs . Inq. and Extents (Rec. Soc. Lancs . and Ches.), i, 154. On the division of the

    The parish of Burton in Kendal Dalton

    which goes through Burton ; Deerslet or Deerslack, the ancient Durslet, is on its western side, on rising ground. The Carnforth and Wennington railway crosses the extreme south-east corner of the township. Th ere is now nothing that can be

    Townships Arkholme with Cawood

    side, and north-west towards Docker and the Keer valley. The Furness and Midland Railway Companies' branch line from Wennington to Carnforth crosses the northern end of the township and has a station called Arkholme near the village. An omnibus runs

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.