skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Butlers, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 74 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    74 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Smethwick Charities for the poor

    Henry Mitchell , in the first instance by J. E. Mitchell and subsequently by a descendant chosen by Mitchells & Butlers Ltd. By 1930 six more alms-houses had been built for the charity at the expense of five members of

    Parishes Edlesborough

    succeeded by his son Robert, 190 who sold Butlers in 1659 to John Kidgell . 191 The latter died before December 1690 , leaving a son John Kidgell , 192 who conveyed Butlers in 1696 to Peter Ward . 193

    Parishes Yelling

    Butlers or Ashfields to his eldest son, Nicholas. Nicholas Luke died seised of Ashfields Manor in 1613 , leaving a son and heir Sir Oliver Luke , 61 who before his death 62 had with his wife Maud conveyed

    Parishes Clifton Reynes

    These two estates, the undertenants of which in 1086 were Niel and Roger de Olney respectively, correspond to the later Butlers and Wakes Manors, which extended into the adjacent parish of Newton Blossomville . WAKES MANOR , which owed its

    Fen Drayton Economic history

    1590s he was lending £100 or more to local landowners, expecting to foreclose on their properties. 88 His acquisitions included Butlers farm, supposedly over 250 a. when purchased in 1578 , but reckoned as only 160 a. in 1633 ,

    Warminghurst Economic history

    tenants to marl their land. 51 In the 18th century landownership became almost entirely concentrated in the hands of the Butlers and their successors as lords of the manor. 52 By 1812 there were besides the duke of Norfolk only

    Parishes Moulton Park

    this toll was especially recorded in 1285 in the inquisition taken after the death of Nicholas de Segrave. 13 The Butlers of Grimsbury , however, held their land there of the king by the service of repairing part of the

    Townships Kirkland

    profusely studded with nails. The whole of the land in this township except the glebe has long belonged to the Butlers , so that there is little or nothing to record of minor families. 30 At one time Leicester Abbey

    Parishes Hulcott

    which John Neel was then master. The hospital was founded 24 by the sister of Thomas Becket , and the Butlers were her descendants. The master of the hospital 25 and his successors were to find two priests to pray

    Houses of Benedictine monks The priory of Lytham

    . 83 Disputed rights of pasture on the borders of Lytham brought the monks into conflict with their neighbours, the Butlers of Lytham , 84 the Beethams of Bryning and Kellamergh , 85 and the Cliftons of Westby . In

    Parishes Beaconsfield

    or with two rams' heads argent in the flanks . Hyde Farm , Beaconsfield GREGORY'S MANOR alias BUTLER'S COURT GREGORY'S MANOR alias BUTLER'S COURT in Beaconsfield , held in the 15th century of Burnham Abbey , 111 originated in land

    Townships Greenhalgh-with-Thistleton

    4 Roger and his son granted the whole or greater part out in various ways. 5 Chiefly by purchase the Butlers of Rawcliffe appear to have acquired the greater part, 6 and were regarded as lords of the manor. 7

    Fen Drayton Manors and other estates

    certainly at his death in 1558 . George Butler , his sister Audrey's son by Edward Butler , 42 sold Butlers farm in 1578 with 200 a. to John Batisford, lord of the main manor. 43 Another supposed manor was

    Parishes Great Linford

    a chief indented azure . On the accession of Henry VII in 1485 the Ormond attainder was reversed and the Butlers were restored to their estates. 50 They were in possession of Great Linford in 1498 , 51 and the

    Smethwick Economic history

    an ornamental gateway was demolished in 1974 . Since 1967 Mitchells & Butlers Ltd. has been a marketing company within Bass Charrington Ltd. In 1913 Mitchells & Butlers bought the Windmill Brewery which had been founded by Edward Cheshire .

    The parish of Lancaster Stalmine with Staynall STALMINE

    that there was another daughter Maud , afterwards wife of Robert Parker . 22 They sold the manor to the Butlers of Rawcliffe , 23 and the whole descended with Rawcliffe till the forfeiture in 1716 . This estate seems

    Warminster Protestant nonconformity

    first clearly inferior to the Old Meeting in wealth and numbers, it included several prosperous families such as the Baylys, Butlers , Slades , Adlams, and Aldridges. In 1734 four members united to buy the freehold of the chapel, and

    Bramber Rape (North-western Part) Bramber Rape c. 1875 Hundreds and Parishes

    and 17th centuries the Carylls in Warnham, Shipley , and West Grinstead , and in the 18th and 19th the Butlers in Warminghurst , the Shelleys in Warnham and Horsham , the Hursts in Horsham , and the Burrells in

    Walsall Wood Economic history

    it was taken over by Stephen F. Butler & Co. Ltd., who converted it for use as an aluminium foundry. Butlers moved to Lindon Road in 1958 and to Brownhills in 1964 . 96 Several other metal-working firms set up

    Parishes Northington

    the abbot of Hyde . 33 Of these five hides Philip Butler held one, which was apparently annexed to the Butlers ' neighbouring manor of Brown Candover (q.v.); 34 another, which was held by Peter de Fraxino, was acquired from

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.