skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Brookside, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 27 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    27 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    List of illustrations

    at Brookside . 26 A three-tier system of education was introduced on the construction of the Brookside , Stirchley , and Randlay housing estates in the 1970s . 'First' schools were opened at Brookside in 1974 . 27 Brookside County

    List of illustrations

    class meeting in Stirchley in the early 1860s . 12 In 1972 a Methodist-owned pastoral centre was opened in the Brookside housing estate and in 1980 it was used jointly by Methodists and Anglicans, services being taken by clergy of

    Stirchley Churches

    the creation of Central Telford parish in 1975 the parish was served by a priest-in-charge, who lived in the new Brookside housing estate. 85 The ancient parish church of ST. JAMES 86 has a stone chancel and a brick nave

    The city of Cambridge Theological colleges

    In its new buildings, erected in 1915 from the designs of Morley Horder on a site between Bateman Street and Brookside , the College preserves, amongst other links with its beginnings, the portraits of the foundress and her family, of

    Stirchley Growth of settlement

    demolished as new housing estates were built over much of the south and east parts of the parish. In the Brookside estate, straddling the boundary between Stirchley and Madeley ancient parishes, 1,792 corporation houses were built between 1971 and 1975

    Madeley Churches

    and Brookside 1966-75 greatly increased the population, and in 1968 a pastoral centre owned by the church was opened at Sutton Hill , where the curate lived in the late 1970s , looking after a local congregation. Woodside and Brookside

    Madeley Education

    169 pupils in 1980 . 76 Holmer Lake County First School, Brookside , opened in 1974 and had 277 pupils in 1980 . 77 Brindleyford County First School, Brookside , opened in 1974 and had 313 pupils in 1980 .

    Telford The Area Around Wellington Telford in the early 1980s

    of Brookside for instance were laid out with separate pedestrian and vehicle routes, 40 but from 1974 , despite initial opposition from the county surveyor, 41 the Radburn principle 42 was modified to produce a less conventional design for Brookside

    Cannington Cannington (southern part) 1839

    and appears to be on a regular grid, its eastern boundary defined by an earlier line of the river bank. Brookside probably represents a quay; Ship Lane, extended into School Lane , is the northern street, and the two were

    Bisley Economic history Dangerfield's Stick Factory, Chalford 1875

    Another mill was built in the early 19th century just below Iles's Mill, adjoining the house which was known as Brookside in 1972 . 25 The house belonged to Abraham Walbank , an attorney, who conveyed it in 1782 to

    Chippenham Economic history Chippenham c. 1544 (excluding Badlingham)

    at the site of the old windmill had c . 100 a., and stabled 25 mares in 1997 . 70 Brookside Stud off the Freckenham Road had c . 130 a., and stables for 50 mares. 71 The fen at

    Madeley Protestant nonconformity

    of Central Telford parish, for a congregation worshipping at the Methodist-owned Brookside pastoral centre, opened in 1972 and shared with the Anglicans from 1974 ; 51 t he Brookside congregation, whose members, 69 in 1980 , enjoyed local reciprocal membership

    Madeley Local government

    in Dale End (formerly Eastfield ) House, which closed c . 1975 ; c . 1980 there were sub-stations in Brookside , Ironbridge , Madeley , and Woodside . 78 The need of a fire engine in Ironbridge was felt

    Finchley Public services

    and Little woods, and a walk alongside Mutton brook; 43 land was also being acquired along Dollis brook to create Brookside Walk. By 1932, after the acquisition of c . 90 a. of glebeland, once part of Finchley common, Finchley

    Parishes Pitney

    and by 1919 641 a. 112 The largest farm in 1876 measured 214 a., and incorporated the present Manor and Brookside farms. There were two others of 137 a. and 127 a. on the Devonshire estate, and one of 134

    Madeley Growth of settlement

    Sutton Hill (1,233 houses partly in Sutton Maddock ancient parish) in 1966 -9, Woodside (2,420 houses) 1968-73 , 46 and Brookside (1,792 houses partly in Stirchley ancient parish) 1971-5 . 47 The planned increase of population in Madeley 's immediate

    Romford Education and charities

    , were opened in 1954 -5. 79 Rise Park junior and infants schools, Annan Way , Rise Park , and Brookside junior and infants schools, Dagnam Park Drive, Harold Hill , were opened in 1956 -7. Pinewood junior and infants

    Harrow , including Pinner Suburban development HARROW

    Lane (24 flats), Towers 12 (40 flats), and Oxhey Lane (48 houses), all in Pinner , Alexandra Avenue (132 flats), Brookside (77 flats and houses), Northolt Road (46 flats and maisonettes), all in South Harrow , Wealdstone House (56 flats

    Leisure and culture Sport after 1700

    Road . 157 By 1908 other private clubs with their own courts inc luded Glan Aber in Hough Green , Brookside in Sealand Road , and one in Liverpool Road . The last two did not survive. Other courts appeared

    Parishes Toft

    1585 , 12 leads south from Comberton Road to the ch urch and twists down to the Bourn brook into Brookside , the road running east to High Street . The church, standing at the south-east corner with the Manor

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.