skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Bradford, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 254 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    254 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Hospitals St Margaret , Bradford-on-Avon

    was granted to the brethren and sisters of the lepers' hospital of St. Margaret, Bradford , in 1235 . 1 A hospital of that name at Bradford was mentioned in 1458 -9, and in 1490 Henry Long of Wraxall left

    Bradford hundred

    Bradford hundred THE HUNDRED OF BRADFORD Hundred of Bradford IN 1084 the hundred of Bradford , which was assessed at 99 hides, probably included, among other towns, Bradford , Barley (in Bradford ), Broughton Gifford , Broughton Monkton (in Broughton

    Townships Bradford

    granddaughter, a minor, is the present owner. George Chorlton of Bradford had land in Manchester in 1613 , and John Fletcher of Bradford in 1619 . 19 A constable of Bradford is mentioned in 1616 . 20 Christ Church was

    Parishes Bradford-on-Avon

    church of Bradford . The next reference to Bradford is in 955, when King Eadred bequeathed to Nunnaminster ( St. Mary 's Monastery, Winchester ) three towns, one of which was Bradford . 155 Four years later (959) Bradford was

    Friaries The Austin friars of Sherborne

    AUSTIN FRIARS OF SHERBORNE In 1343 Robert of Bradford had licence to grant to the provincial prior and Austin Friars in England a messuage and 8 acres of land in Sherborne to build thereon an oratory and houses for friars

    Corrigenda to volumes 1-9

    471' read '195, 317-18' " " 320, line 13, for ' Devizes . . . June 1644 .' read ' Bradford and Devizes suffered severe attacks in June and July 1644 .' " " 320, note 21, after '158' insert

    Preston upon the Weald Moors Local government

    a manorial court has been found. There were Preston presentments to the Bradford hundred court in 1590 and 1592. 8 Records of the appointment of an overseer of the poor survive from 1727, two overseers being appointed annually from 1739.

    Preston upon the Weald Moors Charities for the poor

    founded under the will, proved 1716, of Catherine, Lady Herbert , daughter of the 1st earl of Bradford , the bequest being a thanksgiving for her rescue when lost on the Alps . She left £6,000 to her brother Lord

    List of contributors to the Wiltshire Victoria County History appeal fund

    Longleat House Bedwyn History Society, Great Bedwyn Mr. A. M. Berrett Mr. D. Box , Reading, Berkshire Bradford on Avon Preservation Trust Ltd. Bradford on Avon town council Mr. F. S. Brazier , Devizes Mr. R. I. Bullough , West

    Parishes Westwood

    rectors and, after 1349, the vicars of Bradford appointed chaplains and, later, assistant curates nominated either to Bradford , or to Bradford and Westwood , or to Westwood and one or more of Bradford 's other chapelries. 217 Because the

    Bradford Hundred The Hundred of Bradford c. 1831 Bradford Hundred

    Bradford Hundred BRADFORD HUNDRED The Hundred of Bradford c. 1831 Bradford , the 'broad ford' (mentioned in the 1140s ) from which Shropshire 's most extensive hundred took its name, 1 lies within the manor and parish of Ercall Magna

    The City of Coventry List of streets Street plan in 1923

    1889 edn.). Bradford , Survey . Official Opening of Corporation St . ( 1931 ). Leet Bk . 766; W. G. Fretton , Local Nomenclature , 8. Bradford , Survey . Leet Bk . 576. Corpn. deeds. Bradford , Survey

    Wisbech Castle

    Andrewes made an agreement with Matthias Taylor and Rowland Bradford , constables of the castle, to accept a fixed salary of 40 marks a year, without any perquisites in kind. Bradford later claimed the full fees and perquisites, amounting to

    The woollen industry before 1550

    , James Terumber, of Bradford , or of Trowbridge , or just James of Bradford . Already in 1458 'James Terumber alias Towker of Bradford ' was prosperous enough to contemplate founding a chantry at Bradford , 136 and at

    Parishes Wingfield

    to the parishes of Bradford , Westwood and Farleigh Hungerford . 2 In 1884 a small detached part of Farleigh Hungerford was added to Wingfield , and a part of Wingfield added to the parish of Bradford . 3 The

    Textile industries since 1550

    and by no means all the cloth called 'Spanish' was fine cloth. 86 Bradford , Trowbridge , and Melksham were pre-eminently the Spanish cloth towns, but even Bradford did not use Spanish wool exclusively, though its clothiers liked to pretend

    Parishes Great Chalfield

    of Great Chalfield , parts of the parish of Bradford , and the parish of Little Chalfield with Cottles were amalgamated to form the new civil parish of Atworth (q.v. in Bradford ). 1 The parish of Little Chalfield with

    Townships Openshaw

    In 1357 Openshaw was included in Roger La Warre 's grant of Bradford to Thomas de Booth of Barton , and descended in the same way as Bradford until the division of the Booth estates. 12 It became the portion

    Parishes Monkton Fairleigh

    of Monkton Farleigh , which is situated on high ground in the centre of the parish 4 miles north-west of Bradford and 51/2 miles east of Bath . A 'hamlet' called 'Woxehall' or 'Wyxhale' formed part of the manor in

    Stirchley Local government

    records survive. No courts were held at the time of the Dissolution. 6 Buildwas abbey withdrew Stirchley 's suit from Bradford hundred court on acquiring the manor c . 1243 7 but by 1590 Stirchley was again making suit to

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item


As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.