skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Blakes, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 18 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    18 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 18 View more View all

    Aisholt Church

    for simony, but presented jointly with John Hite. 40 In 1640 the Crown presented again 41 but by 1660 the Blakes had recovered the advowson. 42 Humphrey Blake in his will proved 1665 left it to his son Nathaniel (d.

    Ashurst Manors and other estates

    1725 , when it included over 330 a., on his son, also John. 17 The elder John was living at Blakes Farm in Ashurst at his death in 1735 or 1736; 18 the younger John when he died in 1744

    Over Stowey Economic history

    Lawrence or Dyer family was engaged in the clothing trade in the later 16th and the 17th century, and the Blakes of Plainsfield in the early 17th. 36 A clothier was accused in 1631 of stretching his cloth and of

    Cogges Manors

    manor house. 48 In 1667 the Lees sold the manor to Francis Blake and his son William . 49 The Blakes were a London family; William, a woollen draper, may have been interested in the Witney blanket industry. His charitable

    Pawlett Manors and other estates Fields of Pawlett 1658

    In 1835 Anne and her son Augustus conveyed it to William Ponsonby , lord of Pawlett Gaunts manor. 81 The Blakes ' share, which included responsibility for the chancel, 82 passed to Arnold Brown and his wife Hannah who sold

    Eynsham Other estates

    including Newfield ) was sold to John Deane of Newington , passing in the 1920s to the present owners, the Blakes , through marriage. 36 Little remains of the late 16th- or early 17th-century house at Twelve Acre, described as

    Parishes Ware

    . 179 The holding of the Blakes came before 1479 into the possession of Thomas Braughing , when it was held by him of the lord of Ware Manor as the 'manor called Blakes .' He in that year made

    Harrow , including Pinner Other estates

    1629, 81 and the other to Henry Sedgewick between 1629 and c . 1642. 82 The second, a ½-hide called Blakes or News, may be identifiable with a head tenement called News and 20 a. of old inclosures which were

    Parishes Pershore , Holy Cross

    . i, 328). During the 13th and 14th centuries land here was held of the Abbots of Pershore by the Blakes ( Abbrev. Plac . [Rec. Com. ] , 331b; Feet of F. Worcs. 19 Hen. III, no. 43). It

    Parishes Hethe

    uncertain how long the Copes retained the manor, which by 1652 was in the hands of a London family, the Blakes , 66 who do not appear to have resided on their estate. 67 William Blake was lord of the

    Horsham Economic history

    before 1800 which survived until the 19th or 20th centuries were Pondtail , Parthings , and Whitesbridge farms, 58 and Blakes farm at Southwater . 59 Sheep farming was practised in the parish in 1556 , when a shepherd was

    Introduction Introduction

    Bawdrip 11 through the Stafford and Willoughby families, and by the later 16th century, when it was held by the Blakes . 12 It was later known as Puriton cum Crandon. 13 Robert Blake (d. 1657), the admiral, inherited the

    Staunton Staunton Village Area, 1608

    plantations were on the high ground of the east part of the parish 14 where the old fields such as Blakes , Windmill field, Shobleys, and High Reddings were lost. The Crown woodlands were later administer ed as Reddings Inclosure,

    Enfield Growth before 1850

    the Vicarage, and the first manor-house of Worcesters stood in the 16th century, with several smaller dwellings. 51 Houses called Blakes and Mortimers Farm stood near by, while in Parsonage Lane there was another called Bates in 1608 . A

    Parishes Huish Episcopi Huish Episcopi , 1799

    Park Lane on the boundary with Drayton . 168 A farm-house for the present Merrick 's farm, formerly known as Blakes and leased to the Luxtons of Weacombe in West Quantoxhead , was not built until after 1799, and by

    Horsham General history of the town Horsham Town in the 1870s (6 In to 1 Mile) Horsham Town Center c. 1964 Horsham And Surroundings c. 1875

    the south-west, on the Worthing road , apparently comprising two successive medieval halls. 89 Other 16th- or 17th-century buildings include Blakes Farmhouse in Southwater Street , Andrews Farm at the south end of the hamlet, and the Cock inn in

    Parishes South Petherton The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul , South Petherton

    than farmer, amassed c . 560 a. beginning in the 1850s but buying mostly in the 1880s . 427 The Blakes of Bridge House , successors to the Easons of Bridge, had a similar property based at Drayton . 428

    Index A-J

    1824), Wm. (d. c . 1844), Wm. Rob., Baker Street and Silver Street , in Enfield , dom. bldgs.: Bates, Blakes , Enfield Court, Fox Hall , Gough Park , Holmwood , Lee Ho . (Gothic Hall), Mortimers Farm, Pattensweir,

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.