skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: Bilston, Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 33 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    33 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Hospitals Freeford, St Leonard

    the event of one Roger Bilston 's dying during Worthyngton's lifetime Worthyngton's pension was to be increased to 5 marks a year; this suggests that Bilston may formerly have been warden of the hospital. Bilston was a vicar choral, but

    Colleges Wolverhampton , St Peter

    chapels of Bilston , Pelsall , and Willenhall and the new district churches built in the course of the century tended to resent their dependence on the mother-church of St . Peter, which the deans continued to assert. Bilston ,

    Lawley Manors and other estates

    1962 of all its assets to Allied Ironfounders Ltd., which in 1973 sold the same to Glynwed Foundries Ltd., of Bilston (Staffs.), the owners in 1981 . 60 Lawley House is a 19th-century brick building 61 perhaps on the site

    Stirchley Economic history

    1920s when most of the slag mounds in the parish were acquired by Tarslag ( 1923 ) Ltd. and the Bilston Slag Co. ( 1924 ) Ltd. 97 By 1925 there were four slag-crushing plants in the parish, 98 the

    Hadley and Horton Economic history

    most of the employees were offered jobs in the Birmingham area. 56 In 1910 Joseph Sankey & Sons Ltd. of Bilston (later G.K.N. Sankey Ltd.) 57 bought the works and imported 100 employees from the Black Country . The Hadley

    West Bromwich Local government The Borough of West Bromwich .

    include most of Tipton and Wednesbury with parts of Birmingham , Smethwick , Oldbury , Rowley Regis , Coseley , Bilston , Walsall , and Aldridge ; parts were transferred to Birmingham and Walsall . 3 In 1974 West Bromwich

    Smethwick Public services

    was claimed in 1854 that Smethwick 's sanitary condition compared favourably with that of Oldbury , West Bromwich , and Bilston and that as far as buildings went the town was not yet overcrowded. The local board of health established

    Colleges Tettenhall , St Michael

    His pension of £5 ( S.H.C . 1915, 286, 351) was not in connexion with Tettenhall but as chaplain of Bilston chantry. S.C. 12/28/12 , f. 4v.; S.C. 6/ Edw. VI /424, m. 33. This sum includes an estimated 10

    West Bromwich Public services

    1844 it was announced that the London day mail was to be extended to West Bromwich , Wednesbury , and Bilston 'in such a manner as will enable the inhabitants of those places to reply by the return night post

    Political and Administrative History Political History to 1832

    Regent , 56 and the town was filled with flocks of dismissed colliers and forge workers from the neighbourhood of Bilston and Wednesbury . 57 'The squalid complexion and dejected countenance of the poor' was said to attract 'immediate notice

    Index A - K

    (Warws.), 272 bicycle ind ., 114, 200-1 Bideford ( Devon ), 243 Billingsley : Jas., 135 Kathleen M. J., 135 Bilston (in St. Peter's , Wolver- hampton), 46, 50, 81, 121, 191, 217; and see Bradley ; Cappon- fields Bindley

    Index A - K

    168 Biggs , Sylvanus, 174, 181 Bilson ( Bilston ): Thos. (fl. c . 1540), 203, 213 Thos. (fl. 1580-92 ), 203 Bilson (formerly Bourne ) brook, 195, 198, 203, 229, 236 Bilston , see Bilson Binckes , Wm., dean

    West Bromwich Communications

    1781. Ede, Wednesbury , 223. S.R.O., D.(W.)571(30). B.R.L. 608107, Plan of Turnpike Road from Birmingham to Wednesbury , Dudley and Bilston 1771. The Holloway Bank toll-house, on the corner of Barrack St., still stood in 1945 : 'Old West Bromwich

    West Bromwich Other estates Hill House : ground-floor plan Oak Ho use : ground-floor plan

    , 55-6; L.J.R.O., B/A/15/ West Bromwich . B.R.L. 608107, Plan of Turnpike Road from Birmingham to Wednesbury , Dudley and Bilston 1771; Yates, Map of Staffs . ( 1775 ); Wood, Plan of West Bromwich ( 1837 ); W. E.

    Walsall Local government

    of Darlaston and Willenhall and parts of the county boroughs of West Bromwich and Wolverhampton , of the boroughs of Bilston and Wednesbury , of the urban districts of Aldridge , Coseley , and Wedne sfield , and of the

    Burntwood Churches, education and charities

    he was condemned to death but released on payment of a fine. 64 In 1609 another Edward Sprott , of Bilston Brook, was presented for not attending his parish church. 65 In 1657 five papists were recorded at Pipe Hall

    Parishes Caxton

    is said to have sold the remainder of his lease to William Turpin c . 1550. 135 William Robins of Bilston (Staffs.) became lessee in 1547 , Thomas Carter in 1552 , 136 William Taylor by 1564 , 137 and

    Burntwood Manors, local government and public services

    Brook and Longdon . About 1540 Edward Sprott complained that Thomas Bilston of Longdon Way had inclosed one of the fields, thus forcing him to make a long detour. Bilston complained that Sprott had broken down his hedges and driven

    West Bromwich Churches

    over the junction of the chancel and nave. The furnishings and part of the structure were brought from Capponfields in Bilston . Bagnalls had built a chapel there for their workers in the 1850s ; when that was closed the

    West Bromwich Education

    In its early years the school took many children from outside the borough, chiefly from Wednesbury , Tipton , and Bilston , but by the early 1930s virtually all the pupils came from West Bromwich . 93 In the reorganization

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.