skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "The Hermitage"

Found 1,937 matches across 9 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    21 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    City of Ely Monastic buildings and palace PLAN OF ELY CATHEDRAL AND PRIORY

    roof truss. It was probably occupied by the storeman; in middle of the 19th century it was called ' The Hermitage '. 95 The monastic grange, commonly called the SEXTRY BARN , lay to the west of St. Mary 's

    Stockerston

    was probably in the woodland to the south of the village. The names of Little Merrible Wood and Great Merrible Wood (the latter in Great Easton parish) survive, and a house on the Stockerston-Medbourne road is called The Hermitage

    Alien Houses Hermits and Anchorites of London

    is said by Stow to have received 40 s . a year from the sheriffs of London . 10 The hermitage of Cripplegate appears to have been an earlier and more important foundation. It was in existence in the reign

    Parishes Whitwell

    opposite the road from the station is a 17th-century stone-mullioned cottage, at one time used as the church house. The Hermitage , a house under the east slope of the down, was built by Michael Hoy , a Russian merchant

    List of maps, plans, and illustrations

    by William Seely . ( COS, OPA 79/ 7639 ) 34 18 Witney : Nos. 3-5 Church Green ( The Hermitage ); measured and drawn by Nicholas Cooper , 2002 34 19 Witney High Street in 1828 , by S.

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    1,772 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    on from Naples to Nola. Then, a few days after the arrival of Cialdini, a party of them visit the hermitage of Santa Maria, at the back of Vesuvius, improvise afete to celebrate the ex- pected return of Francis II, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    a Geritleman3i 'ly, M eanly in thecosuctry, Wages £20. Good character indid- I 95 Eensable.-Apply Ito Mrs F. Lindner, The Hermitage, Soli- 83 huneehlo.-A. 'y'c6072 AN (young) Wanted; understands horses amid plain gardening. pri . -Apply, The iiollies, Water Orton. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Wanted, In a Gentlemnaria' .1J. family In thes country. Wages £Q20. Good glsameter ladle. pensable.-Appsly to Mrs. P. ~Lindner, The Hermitage, Soil- hull. c6O72 55wN) (yIg Wanted ; understends horses and plain gardening, -Apply. The Hollies, Water Orton. c5631 J~AN Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    In a Gentleman's [J family in the country. Wages £20. Good character indis- d ensenblea-Apply to Mrs, FP Linduer, The Hermitage, Boli- ull 'c6072- n [AN and Wife (withsout children) Woanted, as Coachmam and B I adres6; comfortable cottage found.-Adlrees, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    BEQUESTS. The following have been proved. vrth personalty as stated :-Of the Rev. Stephen Parkiunson, J.D., F.%.S., Iate of The Hermitage, Newnlham, and St. John's College, Cambridge; upwards of £111,000.-Of Mr. William Henry Beans Trego, late of " Brokes,' Reigate, Subscribers-only content

  • * Cause Papers in the Diocesan Courts of the Archbishopric of York, 1300-1858 *

    2 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    CP.G.3016

    (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Stockhill (Stockhill Hall) : undefined Location: Kirk Deighton (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Huddle Croft (Hudlecroft) : fieldname Cannot be more precisely identified - spelling has been modernised.The Hermitage (The Hermytage) : habitation The Hermitage Close (The Hermytage Close) : fieldname

    CP.H.5033

    Wauldby (Waldbie) : undefined Location: Kirk Ella (YorkshireEastRiding) Place(s): Anlaby (Anlabie) : undefined Wolfreton (Wofferton) : undefined Location: Daricotes (Daricotes) : undefined Location: Gosling Ground (Gosling Ground) : fieldname Cannot identify Location: The Hermitage (The Armitage) : fieldname Cannot identify

  • * British History Online *

    6 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Accounts, March 1542 - March 1544

    John Stow (the churchwarden, no doubt), one of the king's household, was plaintiff, and claimed ownership of the inn. The Hermitage next to the Hospital of St. Mary Rounceval ( vide note, p. 103). They occupied what is now the

    Hadley

    the Abbey of Walden, by the name of the Hermitage of Hadley, and all its appurtenances 3 , together with right of c ommon pasture in the Chase, within which the Hermitage was situated. At the dissolution, this manor, being

    Henry VIII, August 1538 21-25, 01 August 1538-31 August 1538

    the commission era." Marked in the margin as taken by "the Commissioners." Meaning apparently the abbot of Hayles who had the relic cf "the Blood" in his custody. The bp. of Dover. See No. 170. The Hermitage at Redstone Ferry.

    House of Lords Journal Volume 13, Titus Oates' narrative, 31 October 1678-31 October 1678

    more were to carry it up higher. And the Deponent found himself, with Seven more, ordered to ply about The Hermitage ; and his Business was, to encourage the Seven committed to his Care; and for his Reward, One Thousand

    Backwell - Byfield

    298, f 469, Beaven, II, p 190 BRENT, Edward Ald Cordwainer, 6 Aug-15 Sep 1668, disch, F £420 (1) The Hermitage, St Botolph Bishopsgate, St Olave Southwark, 1676/7 (2) SHIP, Assis, 1668 ( 3) d Feb 1676/7-Apr 1677 (2) Will

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.