skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Old House"

Found 2,555 matches across 9 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    117 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Swavesey Nonconformity

    held there in 1917 . It was sold in 1937 , evidently to the Barwells, and descended with the Old House next door to Mr. R. B. Hewlings , who was converting it for domestic use in 1988 . 45

    South Mimms Other estates

    Old House field, t hen comprising 30 a., to Nicholas and Thomas Parrott . 22 John Parrott (d. 1595) left Gannok and two parts of Old House field to his wife Agnes and a third part of Old House field

    Parishes Basing or Old Basing

    north-west of the Old House , and its line is continued by the wall which joins the pigeon house at the north-west angle of the gardens. At the end of the terrace nearest the old house is a small brick

    Parishes Nether Whitacre

    a farm-house to the west show 17th-century timber-framing. The first is said to have an ancient stone staircase. 'The Old House ', farther west, is a renovated and enlarged house dated 1593. It was of T-shaped plan, the head facing

    Swavesey Manors and other estates

    cited ibid. that the Old House was that acquired by foreclosure by John Dodson from William Tibbs in 1779 : C.R.O., R 55/23/5. Cambs. Local Hist. Counc. Bull . xxix. 33; deeds of Old House , schedule; Cambs. Colln., sale

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    2,210 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    for June, 1814. I... CONTENTS :-l. Present State of Parties.-2. Cruise of the Midge. Chap. V. -3. To our Old House Clock.-4. My Cousin Nicholas. Chaps. VII. and VIII.- S. The sketcher. No. IX.-6. Mora Campbell. By the Pttrick. Shepherd.- Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Wright accounted by the workmen being then em- loyed below. Mr Snell and Mr Shuter then walked to .the Old House of wiords, where they observed the difference in the atmosphere, Mr S. there complainin of cold. More than half Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    of the contractors of tile London and Brighton Rail. way, to watch the heading of a place called the Old House. About noon on Friday last the engine passed through the heading towards HI-aywcrds.heath with a train of empty waggoes. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    By Mrs Mathews. Towns :-Caleheoeer. Wy Lou~is The Retreat of Coruna. From Stuart Costilo. the Recollections of Rifleman The Old House in the Goegate. Harris. Edited by Henry Cur- A Legend of the days of Queen ling, Esq. Anne. With Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    in our High- land valleys. In ghost stories she is still more at home. One of these, ' The Old House of Urrard,' is, by-the-way, the only instance in which she has given way to the Gaelic talent for grotesque Subscribers-only content

  • * British History Online * *

    5 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Entry Book, February 1662, 01 February 1662-28 February 1662

    . to Hugh May, Paymaster of the Works, for the charges of pulling down His Majesty's house called the Old House, at Greenwich: and for 1,500 l . (by tallies on various receivers, detailed) in part of 7,088 l .

    Treasury Calendar, April 1696, 21-25, 21 April 1696-25 April 1696

    County Yorkshire. The scite of the tenement called Nethercombe alias Eastcombe newly built and the other house called the Old House in East Greenwich demised to James Fortree, 1661 2, Feb. 16, and demised 1692, June 28, to Ralph Sanderson

    Historical Collections, The proceedings of Fairfax's Army

    by the King's Party Loyalty The Works were many, the Line of Circumvallation above a Mile in Compass. The old House had stood some Hundreds of Years, but the new one surpassed in State and Beauty, and either of them

    William III, May 1698, 01 May 1698-31 May 1698

    was that was sent to sea, and who the gentleman is that lodged one pair of stairs at the Old House, who would procure the collector's place for young Rogers, if Morgan miscarried; and let him be asked who recommended Subscribers-only content

    Henry VIII, March 1538, 26-31, 01 March 1538-31 March 1538

    Ernest and Francis were brothers, of the House of Brunswick-Luneburg, but Philip belonged to what is known as the "Old House of Brunswick." Anderson's Royal Genealogies, 517, 521. Provost of Magdeburg Cathedral. Pat. roll gall-stained and illegible "Suffolk" is in

  • * Cause Papers in the Diocesan Courts of the Archbishopric of York, 1300-1858 *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    TEST.CP.1852/10

    Attorneys Location: Huddersfield, St Peter (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Milnsbridge (Milnes Bridge) : undefined Location: Huddersfield, St Peter (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Old House(Old House) : undefined Top of the Hill (Top 'oth Hill) : undefined Scammonden (Scammonden) : township Upper Croft (Upper

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.