skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Newark Priory"

Found 16 matches across 3 resources.

  • * Multiple resources - fewer than 20 results. * *

    16 results from this resource, . Displaying 1 to 16 View more

    Parishes Send with Ripley

    appears as the farm called Newark Priory , 31 which was purchased by Sir Richard Onslow and subsequently sold to Lord King ( vide supra ). The remains of the church of Newark Priory stand in the midst of level Victoria County History

    Houses of Austin canons Priory of Newark

    10 s . 31/2 d . During the rule of Alexander Culmeston an elaborately appointed chantry was founded in Newark Priory . On 20 November 1382 , John Newdigate and Laurencia, the widow of Peter atte Wode, assigned £6 14 Victoria County History

    Stanwell OTHER ESTATES.

    the site. 78 A number of religious houses held land in Stanwell in the Middle Ages. Among these were Newark Priory , Ankerwyke Priory, and Chertsey Abbey , whose main estates are discussed elsewhere. 79 In addition to the rectory, Victoria County History

    Parishes Ockham

    in Ockham , besides the manor, with tithes of hay in Pirford Mead , all late the property of Newark Priory , and granted by Parliament to Cardinal Reginald Pole . King, Earl of Lovelace . Sable three spearheads argent Victoria County History

    Parishes Horsell

    1262 both chapels had been annexed to the church of Woking , which was also among the possessions of Newark Priory . 40 In 1291 the chapels of Horsell and Pyrford were together valued at £10 annually, 41 and in Victoria County History

    Parishes Stoke d'Abernon

    Vincent , bart. The Priory, in the north of the parish, was so called from its having belonged to Newark Priory . It has been incorporated with the Claremont estate. The French Huguenot family of Vaillant owned the advowson of Victoria County History

    Parishes St Martha 's or Chilworth

    the hill. If to the church, the Holy Martyr, St. Thomas of Canterbury , one of the patrons of Newark Priory , to which the church was appropriated, whose shrine at Canterbury travellers here might be seeking, may have superseded Victoria County History

    Parishes Windlesham

    Priory in the time of Henry II . 42 The priory's right of presentation, however, was successfully disputed by Newark Priory in 1230 , 43 and in 1262 the living was, it is said, appropriated to Newark . 44 The Victoria County History

    Stanwell MANORS.

    78 James granted West Bedfont to Andrew Bukerel in or before 1234. 79 Before 1238 Andrew granted it to Newark Priory (Surr.). 80 It remained in the possession of Newark until 1415, when, as a result of a complicated exchange Victoria County History

    Parishes Puttenham

    £6. 32 The king thus being in possession of the man or as part of the lands late of Newark Priory , granted it to Edward Elrington and Humphrey Metcalfe in exchange for other lands in various counties. 33 On Victoria County History

    Parishes Weybridge

    Church belonged with the manor to Chertsey Abbey . In the early 13th century the monks transferred it to Newark Priory , 76 reserving a rent of 6 s . 8 d . 77 In 1262 the priory obtained licence Victoria County History

    Parishes East Meon East Meon Church

    manor of East Meon , and which was worth 100 s . a year. 107 On the dissolution of Newark Priory the king granted the manor of Rothercombe and woods called Cherry Copse, Beching Cliff , and Brokewode, situated in Victoria County History

    Index K-Z

    of Court New River , New River Co. , New Road , see St. Pancras Newall, L. , archer, Newark Priory , see Religious Houses, other counties Newbury ( Berks .) , Newbury , battles of, Newcastle , Dukes of, Victoria County History

    Sketchbook lettered 'NUGÆ 1826' containing 40 numbered leaves of drawings of churches and domestic buildings and architectural details, including stained glass, in various locations including Wey..., 1826

    [domestic building, monastery/convent, glass] Sketchbook lettered 'NUGÆ 1826' containing 40 numbered leaves of drawings of churches and domestic buildings and architectural details, including stained glass, in various locations including Weybridge, Willesborough, Putney, Herne Bay, Barnack, Walton-on-Thames, Thorpe, Stoke d'Abernon, British Museum Images

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    ancient castles - those cf Farnham and Guildford - and the ruins of three monastic edifices - those of Newark Priory, Waverley, and Chertsey. The ancient manor-houses of Loseley, Beddington, and Sutton are amongst the finest of their kind." Annual Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    ; "At L.st" (£200). by Mr. A. Stocks ; "Tbe Naughty Boy "(£150), by Mr. C. J. Garland; "At Newark Priory, Surrey " (£150), by Mr. F. W. Hulme ; "A Visit from Brother Dominic" (£.00), by Mr. Dendy Sadler; Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.