skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Mill Street"

Found 15,377 matches across 9 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    104 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Eynsham Buildings Eynsham

    church in Mill Street . 47 New commercial premises, besides the inns mentioned above, included the Crown brewery in Acre End Street, Gibbons brewery north of High Street , and a mineral water factory off Mill Street (all demolished), 48

    Wolvercote Education

    were 172 children on the roll. 89 In 1857 Thomas Combe built a schoolroom on the north side of Mill Street for evening classes for the mill workers. There is no further clear record of the school, although in the

    Eynsham Protestant nonconformity

    raised in Eynsham , Witney , and Oxford . 26 The chapel was in William Nutt 's barn off Mill Street , behind the later White House ; the surviving barn retains some meeting-room fittings. 27 In 1814 a church

    Eynsham Other estates

    later Redthorn House in Mill Street . He also bought freehold and copyhold land, including Home Farm in Mill Street , from several smaller proprietors. 92 At inclosure Taunton was awarded 63 a. near Mill Street and a much larger

    Isleham Isleham c. 1800 Isleham Village in the 1460s

    so named c . 1335 and still c . 1590, styled Upper Street c . 1760, 96 but called Mill Street by 1835 , 97 ran south to a part of the fields still called Up Hall c . 1800.

  • * Lane's Masonic Records *

    26 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Lodge of Friendship

    322 Lodge Number (1792): 0 Lodge Number (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Hand and Bottle, Mill Street, Bridgnorth, Shropshire 1771

    Lechmere Lodge

    (1781): 0 Lodge Number (1792): 0 Lodge Number (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 1874 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Kidderminster, Worcestershire 1881

    Arrow Lodge

    0 Lodge Number (1792): 0 Lodge Number (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 2240 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Burton House Hotel, Mill Street, Kington, Herefordshire 1888

    Lodge of Harmony

    0 Lodge Number (1814): 0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Notes (1): Erased due to decreased membership Meeting Places Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire, England 1949

    Hertford Lodge

    Constitution: 1906 Warrant of Constitution: 10th December 1906. Consecrated 29th January 1907 Warrant of Centenary: 29th January 2007 Warrant of Bi-centenary: 29th January 2007 Numeration 1894 onwards: 3208 Meeting Places Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England 1906

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    14,412 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Queen's Square and Bridge Street, back to Smithfield in the rear, with a frontage extend- ing from the "Swan Inn " in Bridge Street, to the Shop and Premises occupied by Mr. R. B. Williams, ). in Mill Street, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Mill Street, Queeii's Square and Bridge Street, balk to Siitlhfield in the rear, with a frontage extend- ing from the 'Swan Inn "' in Bridge St;eet, to the IShop and Premises occupied by Mr. R. B. Williams, in Mill Street, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Mr. Welsh, cofrestrydd, Mr. Samuel ! Roberts, Oxlord St., a jMiss Mary Williams, merch ieuangaf Mr. Rowland Williams, 40 Mill Street, St., Helens. . ' MARWOLIETRAU. JOnES.-Ar y 25ain cynfisol, yn 6 9ain mlwydd oed Mr. Lewis Jones, Llwyniarth, ger Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    am ei rieni. PAlpty.-Awst 10fed, yu 4 diwrnod ced, Margaret Anne, plentyn bychan Mr a Mrs. Hugh Parry, Fellmonger, Mill Street, Dolgellau. ROGERs.-Awst 15fed, yn 20 mlwydd oed, Emily Mand, an wyl ferchi y Parcll. John R;Xgers. ROBERTS.-Awst 10fed, yn Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    O.Pefbaetbau. Nid ydym ystyried e6e iunainY yfrifO aem syniada yr ysyrifenmir. YR AREIOLIAD AR YMGEISWYR. AT OLYGYDD Y GOLEVAU. Syr,-Da oedd genym weled fod cynifer o ymgeiswyr am y weinidogaeth yn y Gogledd yn llwyddianus yn yr arholiad cdiweddaf,-30 Subscribers-only content

  • * The History of Parliament *

    6 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    GOLDSMITH, William, of Bridgnorth, Salop.

    1362).[footnote] William may have been a son of the Nicholas and Juliana Goldsmith who in 1343 were living in Mill Street. The Bridgnorth MP of 1381, Thomas Goldsmith, was perhaps his brother.[footnote]In September 1370 and February 1371, during his first

    LOWTH, Ambrose (by 1484-1545), of Colchester, Essex.

    May 1545 and proved on 6 July following he left all his property and goods to his wife, with an option to William Warner to buy a house in Mill Street; he named his wife executrix and John Andrews supervisor.[footnote]

    PARLOUR, Richard, of Bridgnorth, Salop.

    in 1414 (Nov.), 1416 (Mar.), 1417 and 1419, Richard Horde, was also his co-bailiff in 1432-3 and 1438-9. In 1458 Parlour was no longer in possession of his property in Mill Street, Bridgnorth, but when he died is not known.[footnote]

    WILLIAMS, alias SCOTT, John (by 1519-61 or later), of Bedford.

    the houses involved were in the tenancy of William Bourne. Another was the old schoolhouse in School Lane, later Mill Street. During Williams’s first mayoralty the church of St. Peter Dunstable in Bedford was demolished and he used part of

    PALMER, William I, of Bridgnorth, Salop.

    held from as far back as 1255 a house in Upper Cartway and premises in the High Street and Mill Street, not to mention land at nearby Astley Abbotts and Little Brug.[footnote] William’s father may well have been the Nicholas

  • * John Johnson Collection of Printed Ephemera * *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Extraordinary novelty

    open at half-past 7. Performance to Commence at 8 o'clock precisely. Tickets 7nay he had of Mr. J Baker, Mill Street; Mr. Rourke, Sandf ord's Cottage; and at the Printers. 1^^ In consequence of the Company's stay in Bampton being Subscribers-only content

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.