skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "High Street"

Found 181,866 matches across 15 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    1,070 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Staines Other denominations

    District Synagogue met in rooms in the High Street from 1947 to 1952 , when the new building in Tothill Street was opened. 73 A group of spiritualists who formerly met at the British Legion Hall have met instead at

    Markets and fairs

    . 34 The general market was moved from High Street to the east end of Culver Street in 1961 and to a site near the west end of that street in 1968 . It moved back to High Street

    Cranford Nonconformity

    1865 and the building in the High Street was completed in 1866 . 90 Strictly speaking the chapel was in the parish of Heston , being on the east side of the High Street , but it is always known

    Wivenhoe Manors and other estates

    were recorded in 1586 . 67 After the Second World War mass was celebrated in a former school in High Street . In 1967 St. Monica's Roman Catholic church was opened off De Vere Lane . In 1995 it was

    Medieval Colchester Growth of the town COLCHESTER c. 1500

    both sides of High Street , North Hill , and Head Street. It has been suggested that the intramural area west of the line of Maidenburgh Street and Queen Street , apart from that between High Street and Culver Street

  • * Lane's Masonic Records *

    588 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    True and Faithful Lodge

    0 Lodge Number (1792): 314 Lodge Number (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 400 Lodge Number (1832): 277 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Rose and Crown, High Street, Sudbury, Suffolk 1805

    no name is given

    (1781): 0 Lodge Number (1792): 0 Lodge Number (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Red Lion, High Street, Canterbury, Kent 1730

    no name is given

    (1781): 0 Lodge Number (1792): 0 Lodge Number (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 0 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places Saracen's Head, High Street, Lincoln, Lincolnshire 1730

    Newtonian Lodge

    (A): 0 Lodge Number (1814): 490 Lodge Number (1832): 323 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Notes (1): Not in List until 1787. Meeting Places Elephant and Castle, High Street, Knaresborough, Yorkshire 1785

    Lodge of Trade and Navigation

    0 Lodge Number (1814): 491 Lodge Number (1832): 0 Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Notes (1): Not in List until 1787. Meeting Places New Eagle and Child, High Street, Northwich, Cheshire 1786

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    170,781 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    TYD!OR GAUAF 1869. Arddangosir y STOCK HELAETHEA A RHATAF YN NGOGLEDD CYMRU 0 NWYDDAU DRAPERY c Gogyfer a'r iTymor uchod, Heddyw a'r Dyddiau canlyrol gan J. E. ROBERTS, VICTORIA HOUSE, BANGOR, Rhif. 317, High Street,- a 2 a 4, Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Henry Jones, Brynbella, do. 2 6 Miss Jones, do. . ... ... ... 026 Mr. William John Parry, 52, High street, do 0 2 6 J. H. Jones, Hatter, do ... .. 0 2 6 William J.;Pritchard, Penybryn, do. ... Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    mewn trwy docynau, Gallery, SwIlt,; Llawr, Chwe'cheiniog. Bydd y tocynau i'w cael gan y trysorydd, Mr. John Griffith, 39, High street; Mr. Richard Parry; Mr. R. Green; Mr. W. Parry; Mr. P. Angel (Committee); ynghyda'r ysgrifenyddion, R. Roberts, a W. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Mrs M. A. Williams, Eastgate street . 0 5 0 1 Mr. Henry Jonathan, High street . 0 5 0 Ellis Jones, Pork Butcher, High street 0 5 0 W. Jones, Grocer, Palace street . 0 5 0 i Walter Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    NWYDDAU DRAPERY Gogyfer a'r Tymor uchod, Heddyw a'r Dyddiau canlynol gan J. E. ROBERTS, VICTORIA HOUSE, BANGOR, Rlif. 317, High Street, a 2 a 4, Dean Street. Y nnae y Stockl yn gynnwysedig yn y pethau canlynol, at y rhai Subscribers-only content

  • * John Strype's Survey of London Online *

    28 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Book 2, Chapter 2 Portsoken Ward. Aldgate.

    Benefactors to the Poor. Mr. William Newton , Citizen and Sadler of London , gave divers Tenements in the High Street . Mrs. Mary Bristow gave a Tenement to the Poor, the yearly Rent being 3l. 6s. 8d. Mrs. Joyce

    Book 2, Chapter 4 Ealdgate Ward. Crutched Friars.

    Breadth from the East End of their Church, from the main Wall thereof on the North part, into the High Street there, five Foot of Assize. And at the West End of their Church in Breadth four Foot and an

    Book 3, Chapter 8 [Monuments.] Faringdon Ward within. [St. Fosters.]

    Hugon lane on the East side, and Kery lane (called of one Kery) on the West. Then in the High street on the same North side, is the Sadlers Hall . The Parish Church of St. FOSTERS. And then Fauster

    Book 4, Chapter 7 Liberties of the Dutchy. The Government of it.

    both large and stately, and called Salisbury House ; and to make it commodious for Passengers he caused the High Street of the Strand , near adjoining to be levelled and paved. This House afterwards became two, the one being

    Book 2, Chapter 4 Ealdgate Ward. The Bounds.

    so North all the side of the High Street , to Mr. Fancis Philips 's House, over against the King's Head Tavern, West. There, on the South side of the High Street , beginning at the Italian Ordinary of Ieronymo

  • * The History of Parliament *

    126 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    HEREFORD, John (d.c.1397), of Worcester.

    appear in Chancery concerning litigation over local property. In August of that year he rented a tenement in the High Street from a local ‘shereman’, and five years later, with his wife and daughter, Joan, he leased other buildings nearby.

    WEST, John, of Winchester, Hants.

    Commons’ bailiff, Winchester Mich. 1386-7; bailiff of the 24, 1390-1; alderman of High Street 1394-5, 1397-8, 1400-1. Biography In 1389 West, who was involved in the cloth finishing industry of Winchester, acquired an interest in a garden in Tanner Street

    STEVENS, Robert, of Worcester.

    bailiffs’ court. His property included gardens off the High Street, and together with his wife he received rents from two tenements situated elsewhere. In 1397 he acquired premises in the High Street itself, which he then leased to a local

    FALCONER, Richard, of Leicester.

    Sept. 1397 Ofifces Held Mayor, Leicester Mich. 1404-5. Biography Possibly descended from John Falconer of Leicester, Richard owned a messuage in the High Street there. He is also known to have attended the borough election to the Parliament of 1407.[footnote]

    GILBERT, Robert I, of Weymouth, Dorset.

    town by the mid 14th century.[footnote] The only mention of Robert, however, occurs in 1371, when a messuage in High Street above the quay, which had belonged to Laurence Gilbert, was conveyed by his nephew William to Philip Soydon†, Robert

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.