skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Hanley Park"

Found 16 matches across 3 resources.

  • * Multiple resources - fewer than 20 results. * *

    16 results from this resource, . Displaying 1 to 16 View more

    Parishes Hanley Castle

    have belonged to the Badger family. 72 In 1606 Sir Francis Clare was appointed keeper of Hanley Park for life. 73 Hanley Park is not, however, marked on Speed's map, and when Malve rn Chase was sold in 1631 the Victoria County History

    University College

    which bear their names and their arms. Bennet died in 1631 , leaving by will to the college the Hanley Park estate near Towcester , which he had bought from the Crown. 43 He intended that it should provide endowments Victoria County History

    Hanley Buildings, manors and estates HANLEY TOWN CENTER c. 1960

    and Havelock Road and around the Etruria Vale end of Sun Street is also mainly of this period. 45 Hanley Park was laid out in 1892 -7 on some 63 acres of Stoke Fields, waste ground lying on either side Victoria County History

    Hanley Local government, economic history and social life

    Borough opened its electricity works, the first in the Potteries, in the specially built Bethesda Road , north of Hanley Park , in 1894 . 76 The undertaking passed in 1910 to the new county borough of Stoke . 77 Victoria County History

    Newcastle-under-Lyme Roman Catholicism and Protestant Nonconformity

    church was started in 1902 when G. W. Garlick purchased the necessary land and an iron building transported from Hanley Park was opened as a school-chapel, registered as the Congregational Sunday School, Watlands View. 127 It was superseded in 1908 Victoria County History

    The county borough since 1910 STOKE-on-TRENT BOUNDARY EXTENSIONS

    not finally completed until 1938. 165 In 1927 two important developments took place. Eight new houses in Avenue Road, Hanley Park , were electrically equipped for lighting, heating, and other domestic purposes. 166 That year also marked the beginning of Victoria County History

    The city of Stoke-on-Trent Protestant Nonconformity

    a small tower at the side over the porch. HANLEY , HANLEY PARK. In 1898 an iron tabernacle was erected on land in Cauldon Road , Hanley Park , acquired mainly through the efforts of T. W . Harrison . Victoria County History

    Index

    - William, 334 Handborough ( Oxon .), 238, 255 Handel , George Frederick , 52 Hands , James, 138 Hanley Park , 66, 74 Hanney , West ( Berks .), 155 Hannington , James, 338 Hannington Hall , 337, 338 Victoria County History

    Henry VIII, December 1545, 26-31, 01 December 1545-31 December 1545

    watermill and the messuages called Baillys Home, Shyrmede and Cliffhey within the said lordship and manor, the park called Hanley Park in the parishes of Upton upon Severn and Hanley, Worc., and the ground therein extending from the mill adjoining British History Online

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Board at the same time stated that they approved of the use of so much of the lands of Hanley Park as was required for the site of the generating station. The sanction ti) the proposed loan was referred to Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    was that on September 25th last he was working tor the defendant at the new electric-light buildings at the Hanley Park. It was necessary that a scaffold should be erected, and this was done under the superintendenceof John Hall, a Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    OF H.ANLEY PARK. At Hanley, yesterday, Major-General Henry Darley Crozier, R.E., an inspector of the Local Government Board, held a public enquiry with respect to an apulica- tion by the Town Council for sanction to borrow :24,000. for the purpose Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    and lack of scent notwithstanding, no fewer than five were accounted for. On Tuesday the South pack met at Hanley Park, rather an un- usual fixture, as the neighbouring coverts are generally drawn from Cholmondeley. Here again scent was as Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Wood 010 0 Mr. Richard Hassall, Norbury 0 5 0 Mr. CottraU, Woodhouses 0 10 0 Mr. William Reddrop. Hanley Park . . ..050 Mr. Ellis, Woodhouses 010 0 Mr. Thomas Lewis, Norbury 0 5 0 Mr. Hassal, Royal's Wood Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    of Mr. John Gregory, fariuer. On the I6th nit. aged i 5, years, Ann Cooper, daughter of W. Reddrop, Hanley Park, Norbnry, fanner. On the 17th nit. at Haesygroes, Iscoyd, Mr. W. Rushworth, or>ran builder, aged o'4 years. On the Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    yrs, Bst. 71b., and Mr. Botfield's Rector, aged, lOst. 61b , also ran. DUDLEY AND TIPTON RACES- Tubsday. The Hanley Park Stakes of 3 soy. each, with 40 added; three-year-olds, 7s t. ; four, Bst. 21b. ; five, Sst. 101b. Subscribers-only content British Newspapers, 1600-1900

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.