skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Fenny Stratford", Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 21 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    21 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Parishes Bletchley with Fenny Stratford and Water Eaton

    Parishes Bletchley with Fenny Stratford and Water Eaton BLETCHLEY with FENNY STRATFORD and WATER EATON Bicchelai (xii cent.); Blechelegh (xiii cent.); Blecheley (xiv-xvi cent.). Bletchley , which includes the hamlet of Water Eaton and until 1881-91 also included part of

    Parishes Simpson

    a portion of the town of Fenny Stratford , 2 and is governed by the Bletchley Urban District Council. Watling Street forms the south-west boundary and becomes the High Street of Fenny Stratford in the south. The River Ouzel is

    Parishes Walton

    for the goodness of their produce. 2 The village is situated off the main road from Newport Pagnell to Fenny Stratford . It contains a few cottages and two farm-houses, one of which, the Manor House , formerly inhabited by

    Newport hundred Introduction Index Map to the Hundred of Newport

    The Parishes Of Astwood ; Bletchely with Fenny Stratford and Water Eaton ; Bradwell ; Bow Brickhill ; Great Brickhill ; Little Brickhill ; Broughton ; Calverton ; Chicheley ; Clifton Reynes ; Cold Brayfield ; North Crawley ; Emberton

    Colleges Collegiate chapel of St Mary Magdalen , Kingston

    Stoke Goldington , resigned 1335 Robert de Fekenham, instituted 1335 John de Witham , instituted 1337 Walter Cok of Fenny Stratford , instituted 1344 Wardens (Second Foundation) Elias de Bodeland, 12 resigned 1367 Robert Simonde of Bikenore, instituted 1367, 13

    Parishes Willen

    the land on the east along the Ouzel banks being liable to floods. The road from Newport Pagnell to Fenny Stratford runs through the middle of the parish from north to south, and is crossed about a quarter of the

    Parishes Little Woolstone

    to floods. The village lies in the south-east of the parish on the high road from Newport Pagnell to Fenny Stratford and on a road branching east from it. At their junction stands the Manor Farm occupied by Mr. John

    Parishes Great Woolstone

    forms the boundary. The village lies in the east of the parish, along the road from Newport Pagnell to Fenny Stratford . It has at its southern end the church and the rectory; Hill Farm , in the occupation of

    Parishes Hockliffe

    Street , the Roman road from London to Chester , forms the eastern boundary of Hockliffe , entering from Fenny Stratford in the north and passing south to Dunstable . Before leaving the parish it is joined by two other

    Parishes Stony Stratford

    The market town and ancient borough of Stony Stratford stands midway between Towcester and Fenny Stratford on Watling Street , which divides it into two portions corresponding to the ecclesiastical parishes of St. Giles and St. Mary Magdalen respectively. The

    Parishes Bow Brickhill

    village stands on rising ground to the northeast of Watling Street , and is approached by a by-road from Fenny Stratford . There is a number of whitewashed cottages on either side of the road leading to the church, which

    Parishes Shenley

    Abbey descended with Bradwell Manor (q.v.) to Sheen Priory. 157 The gild of St. Margaret and St. Katherine , Fenny Stratford , had a farm-house with dove-house and 60 acres of land worth £20 yearly in Shenley , to which

    Parishes St Stephen 's

    Holy Trinity , Frogmore , is a vicarage in the gift of Rev. Henry Francis Oliver , vicar of Fenny Stratford . In 1713-14 two places were registered for Nonconformist worship; one was in the hamlet of Colney Street ,

    Parishes Newport Pagnell

    Ouse . The high road from Northampton to London passes through the town, and roads from Stony Stratford , Fenny Stratford and Woburn enter it from various points. There is no tradition of a Roman settlement on this site. Before

    Old Stratford Old Stratford Village

    Stratfords' may refer to the portion of Watling Street running from Stony Stratford to Old Stratford , rather than Fenny Stratford , since one of the grantees was John Haywood , 'ermyte'. 51 In 1400 John Blawemuster, hermit, received a

    Parishes Leighton Buzzard

    inhabitants of Leighton Buzzard were ordered in 1347 to make a bridge over the Ouzel from the town to Fenny Stratford , and were prohibited from taking falcons by the bank, as the king proposed ' to have sport by

    Wicken WICKEN Wicken Village

    aged two. 37 Ralph died two years later, when his two sisters, Margaret the wife of John Hunt of Fenny Stratford (Bucks.), aged 19, and Elizabeth, aged 17, were found to be his heirs. 38 In 1365, following the death

    Townships Manchester (part 2 of 2) MOSLEY OF MANCHESTER , & c.

    by Mary, another sister; ibid. xxix, 10. See also Ct. Leet Rec . iii, 168. The Willotts belonged to Fenny Stratford , and appear about 1560 at Manchester . Thomas Willott the younger died in 1577 ; in Manchester he

    Stoke Bruerne STOKE BRUERNE Stoke Bruerne Village Shutlanger Village

    and two daughters, Margaret and Elizabeth, who on Ralph's death became their father's coheirs. Margaret married John Hunt of Fenny Stratford (Bucks.), by whom she had a single daughter and heiress, Joan, who married John Longeville of Little Billing ;

    Index A-J

    Yardley Gobion qq.v . Fenn , Robert Fenn Field , in Grafton Regis q.v . Fennes , Ingram de Fenny Stratford (Bucks.) Ferguson , Alexander Agar Fermor : see also Fermor-Hesketh Fermor , Anna Maria Arabella wife of Sir Thomas

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.