skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Church Langton", Source type: Secondary sources

Showing 1 resource containing 20 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    20 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    List of illustrations

    Photograph by F. Lumbers " 178 Church Langton Rectory, c . 1940. Photograph by F. L. Attenborough , National Buildings Record " 200 The Revd. William Hanbury (d. 1778), Rector of Church Langton . Engraving from the painting by Edward

    Church Langton

    Church LangtonCHURCH LANGTON The ancient parish of Church Langton , four miles north of Market Harborough , contains five villages which are known collectively as the Langtons . It is divided into four civil parishes, East Langton , West

    Gumley

    bus service took the seniors to Church Langton , leaving the juniors at Gumley . 41 Since 1933, when the school was closed, a bus has taken all Gumley children to Church Langton and the school building has been used

    Foxton

    its length follows first the main Leicester to Harborough road , and then the road diverging from it to Church Langton . The northern boundary for part of its length runs along a side lane leading to Gumley . The

    Galby and Frisby

    the school at Church Langton . 46 The school w as closed in April 1950 when there were 9 children in attendance. Children from Galby and Frisby thereafter went to Billesdon school , or to Church Langton Junior. 47 CHARITIES.

    Shangton

    glebe in 1846 . 92 Charles Markham (d. 1802), rector in the late 18th century, was also Rector of Church Langton from 1778 to 1782 . 93 While the Isham family were patrons of the living, several members of the

    Carlton Curlieu

    , was intended to accommodate children from Carlton Curlieu . 10 Since 1947 the latter have attended school at Church Langton . CHARITIES. None known. V.C.H. Leics . iii. 157, 163, 166, 170, 173, 185. The decrease between 1563 and

    Illston on the Hill

    1947 , there were only 3 pupils. 96 From 1937 the senior children had been going to school at Church Langton . 97 The former school is a whitewashed building with pointed windows, carrying the date 1848 on its gabled

    Medbourne NEVILL HOLT HILL

    whole, of their time in residence. Samuel Hill (d. 1639), however, was also incumbent of the wealthy benefice of Church Langton , where he appears to have lived. 23 Henry Ferne , who was removed from the living in 1646

    Saddington

    was 29. 18 In 1931 the school was made into a junior school, the senior pupils being transferred to Church Langton . 19 There was an attendance of 30 in 1933 . 20 CHARITIES. Thomas Palmer , by will proved

    Parishes Bedworth

    more ancient, and the foundations are of sandstone, pierced by drainage vents. William Hanbury ( 1725-78 ), Rector of Church Langton (Leics.) and promoter of schemes for founding hospitals, colleges, and a cathedral from the revenues to be derived from

    Great Bowden

    of Great Bowden and the Rector of Church Langton . From part of the furlong all the great tithes and half of the small tithes were payable to the Rector of Church Langton , and half the small tithes only

    Cranoe

    30. 4 In 1929 the school was restricted to juniors and after this date senior children attended school at Church Langton . 5 The average attendance of juniors in 1933 was 29. 6 In 1952 the school accepted 'controlled' status

    Slawston

    a. and 10 a., and 5 under 1 a. The smallest allotments included those of the Hanbury charity at Church Langton and the Welham town and cl ock estates. 95 The inclosure was complete and its effects lasting. In 1801

    Hallaton

    58. 55 In 1929 the school was converted to a junior school, the senior pupils attending the school at Church Langton . 56 In 1957 the school had a partly-aided status, and was attended by 47 junior children from Hallaton

    Mowsley

    School. 24 The 'Senior Top' was closed in 1930 and all senior children in the district were taken to Church Langton . 25 After 1923 Mowsley school was confined to juniors from Mowsley and Laughton , and the attendance in

    The City of Coventry Protestant nonconformity: Introduction

    may have had the assistance for a time of Richard Musson , or Muston , an ejected minister from Church Langton (Leics.). 99 There was in fact no break in continuity between this congregation, to which Gervase Bryan came as

    Billesdon

    to make it a primary school as soon as the seniors could be moved to the new school at Church Langton . 41 The attendance of juniors and infants in 1957 was 92. 42 In 1833 2 private day schools

    Kibworth

    headmaster, Jeremiah Goodman (d. 1836), bequeathed £300 in order to found two scholarships for Kibworth boys at the proposed Church Langton College of the Hanbury trustees, or failing this, at Merton College , Oxford . In 1880 a Charity Commissioners'

    Bringhurst

    In 1929 this building was converted into a junior school, and the seniors were thereafter taken by bus to Church Langton . 79 The attendance of juniors and infants in 1957 was 45. Ann Aldwinckle , by will dated 1792,

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.