skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Chipping Campden"

Found 1,696 matches across 8 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    42 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Parishes Whitchurch

    the north at the bridge over the Stour which carries the road that runs northwards through the parish from Chipping Campden . The church stands in the fields close to the Stour, with no village. This is probably due to

    Houses of Cistercian nuns Priory of Cookhill

    at Morton Underhill (in Inkberrow ) by the gift of Robert, son of Odo; the mill of Campden ( Chipping Campden , Gloucester ) by the gift of 'Thomas, nephew of the earl of Gloucester '; churchscot from all the

    Parishes Preston on Stour

    the north end overlooking the river. The work was done by Thomas, Edward, and Richard Woodward , masons of Chipping Campden , to designs by John Phillips and George Shakespeare . In 1763-5 the size of the house was roughly

    Parishes Ilmington

    miles. The ground is very hilly, rising from 225 ft. in the north where the road from Stratford-on-Avon to Chipping Campden enters the parish to 833 ft. where the same road crosses the southwestern boundary. In this high ground of

    Parishes Weston-upon-Avon with Milcote

    own wife or by Blanche widow of Sir John Worthe. 68 One of the mortgagees was William Grevill of Chipping Campden , who had acquired the manor of Milcote by the beginning of 1401, when he settled it on himself

  • * The History of Parliament *

    7 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    GREVILLE, Richard (d.1421), of Ilbury in Deddington, Oxon.

    Richard was a grandson of William Greville (d.1401) the wealthy wool merchant of Chipping Campden. His eldest uncle, Lewis Greville, and his father, another William, were married to sisters-Margaret and Joan, the grand daughters and coheirs of Sir Giles Ardern-and

    THYNNE, James (1644-1709), of Buckland, Glos.

    continued to assist the Church in a local capacity through the foundation of charity schools in Buckland and at Chipping Campden. He was connected with the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge through Lord Weymouth, and through his acquaintance with Sir

    SAVAGE, Francis (by 1524-57), of Elmley, Worcs.

    with (Sir) William Herbert I, who in the same year relinquished his claim. With this property Francis Savage inherited Chipping Campden and five other Gloucestershire manors which descended from his grandfather as kinsman of Thomas Savage, archbishop of York; to

    ARCHES, Sir Richard (d.1417), of Oving, Bucks.

    Giles Ardern. Shortly after contracting to marry two of the sons of William Greville, the rich wool merchant of Chipping Campden, the sisters had divided the Ardern properties between them and their husbands, Joan’s share being the manors of Horley,

    WILCOTES, William (d.1411), of North Leigh, Oxon.

    him as ‘King’s esquire’ of the wardship of the lands of the son and heir of Thomas Ludlow of Chipping Campden, together with the boy’s marriage as a gift, provided he supported him in his own household. Perhaps he planned

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    1,397 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    severad changes. Tvnbury is joined to Bowdley ;Broms- grove to Sir J. S. Pakington's borough of Droitwich; Pershorn and Chipping Campden to Evesham ; Stourhridge to Kidder- minster. Lastly, we come to Yorkshire to find Pickering added to Malton, Stokesley Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    1!0 Rips Fat BEASTS. of Sal110 'clock. J B YTAITE SONS, Auclloneera. eof Balisat lbo'clock. Ir " 0 on Chipping Campden Stock Sale, TO-MORROW iWednesday), J1UTOHINS Sr D¢ER will Sell by' Auction" H.l 260,rat. smid Store SHEEP. and LAMBS., ludn¶ Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Store BEAS'1S. 2 Good Fat BULLS. Bacon. Porket, and Store PIGS. Salo at 12 oclock sharpr . 1001 A Chipping Campden Stock Sale, WEDNESDAY NrXT, - December 31. HUTOHINGS & DEER will Sell byAuotion- IL 250 Prime ot ,3SEEP 40 Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    BAKERtS (Master).-Wanted. by a young Man, well experiensced 13in smells and bread; three vears' refercnoce-W. H. Averill, High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire. c2848 AR'MAEDS, Waitress, Chambermaid. Honsemiaid, Waiter. Boots. B1IPorter, Disengaged. - Hotel Agency, Herald Chambers, Mar. tinean_ Street. _______ Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    an end. LoaD HEARtwRY oN EoucaTrow-The Earl of flar- rowby distributed the prizes to the suceesful pupils yesterday at Chipping Campden Grammar School. His Lordship in the course of an address impressed upon parents the necessity of giving their sons Subscribers-only content

  • * Lane's Masonic Records *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Chipping Campden Lodge

    Lodge Number (1863): 0 ReNumber (1814): 0 ReNumber (1832): 0 ReNumber (1863): 0 Meeting Places King's Arms Hotel, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, England 1933 King's Arms Guest House, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, England 1967 Old King's Arms, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, England 1977

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.