skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Chapel House"

Found 2,151 matches across 8 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    38 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Stanford Rivers Protestant nonconformity

    The site is still walled and has the original cast iron early-19thcentury gate piers. The present rectory, formerly the Chapel House , adjoins the chapel site and may have been built in connexion with it. It was originally a small

    Leonard Stanley Introduction

    were faced in stone and stone-mullioned windows with dripmoulds were inserted. The house was restored in 1958 . 35 Chapel House to the north, a 17th-century gabled house faced in rough-cast, has unusual stone-mullioned windows with ogee-heads to the lights,

    Bognor Regis

    twenty years ago. 15 In 1793 Sir Richard Hotham built a chapel adjoining his house, known at first as Chapel House , later Bersted Lodge , and finally Aldwick Manor . 16 This chapel of St. Alban was licensed for

    Salisbury Roman Catholicism

    objected to the arrangement, and the following year Begin registered a house in Brown Street , later known as Chapel House , rented by James Everard Arundell and William Weeks . 25 In 1814 this was replaced by St. Martin's

    Chigwell Protestant nonconformity

    of Loughton . Henry Fletcher had bought Clare Hall in 1801 , and its name had been changed to Chapel House . 37 The chapel was usually described during the 19th century as Independent and supported the Essex Congregational Union.

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    1,945 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    Jones, Mostyn. Soar-Mr. J. P. Williams, Sea View, Pwllheli. Cybi-Mr. Eliazer Williams, 37, Market-st., Holyhcad. Nantlle-Mr. 0. T. Owen, Chapel House, Talvsarn. Diphwys-Mr. Ed. Jonathan, Draper, Blaenau Ffestin- iog. Bala-Mr. Jacob Jones, Cambrian House, Bala. Union-Mr. Owen Rees, Old Parliament Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    the T above Chapel, up to the 16th of April. Plano and Specifications to be seen at the abore Chapel House; and Tenders to be sent enclosed to the Rev. Robert Roberts, Parc, near Bala. The Committee do not bind Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    prepared to receive Tenders for the erection of the above. Plans and Specification are to be seen at the Chapel House, and at the Office of the Architect. Sealed Tenders to be delivered to the Rev. FRANCIS JONES, Waenfiwr, not Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    o Sir Fvnwy, a D. Williams, o Sir Gaernarfon. GENEl)IGAETHAU. Davies.-Ar y 5ed cyfisol, priodA Mr. David R. Davies, Chapel House, Prince's-road, Lerpwl, ar fab. Jones.-Ar yr Red cyfisol, priod Mr. Evan Jones, Station Master, Rhaiadr gwy, ar tab- en Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    prepared to receive Tenders for the erection of the above. Plans and Specification are to be seen at the Chapel House, and at the Office of the Architect. Sealed Tenders to be delivered to the Rev. FnIANcIs JONES, Waenfawr, not Subscribers-only content

  • * Queen Victoria's Journals *

    2 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Wednesday 7th November 1832

    1. The Oxfordshire yeomanry have just met us. At a little more than ½ past 1 we arrived at Chapel House and lunched there with Captain Jones and Colonel Field who commanded the troop of Oxfordshire yeomanry. We left it

    Wednesday 7th November 1832

    1. The Oxfordshire yeomanry have just met us. At a little more than ½ past 1 we arrived at Chapel House and lunched there with Captain Jones and Colonel Field who commanded the troop of Oxfordshire yeomanry. We left it

  • * Cause Papers in the Diocesan Courts of the Archbishopric of York, 1300-1858 *

    2 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    CP.H.5781

    Anthony Ward [Ward] Role: promoting parties Details: male; armiger Participant: Samuel Tennant [Tenant] Role: defendant Details: male Location: Burnsall (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Chapel House (Chappell House) : undefined Burnsall (Burnsall) : ecclesiastical parish Location: Burnsall (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Conistone (Coniston) : chapelry

    CP.G.2976

    Place(s): Westside Houses (Westside Houses) : habitation Cannot identify Maw Water Houses (Maw water houses) : habitation Cannot identify Mallam Water Houses (Mallam water houses) : habitation Cannot identify Chapel House (Chapell House) : habitation Cannot identify - spelling modernised

  • * British History Online *

    3 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Parishes (East Ward), St Andrew, Crosby Garrett

    was handed over to Trustees for the use of the denomination. The Wesleyan Methodists began to hold services in Chapel House, Crosby, about the year 1810, and erected their chapel in 1882, the opening services taking place in June, 1883.

    Casterton

    name, "St. Columkille," corrupted into "Colynkla" and "Colmekilne." Later it was known as St. Cooms. The site was at Chapel House in Casterton, 600 yards due east of Kirkby Lonsdale Bridge. Confirmatory of the early connexion of the lords of

    General index, A - K

    216, 290, 291, 292, 339. Chambre , William, 150. Channon , John, 146. Chapel Close , 40 n . Chapel House , Crook , 351, 352. Chapel Island , Conishead , 183. Chapman , John, 42. Chappelhowe , Henry, 96,

 

Document Type

Date

Availability

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.