skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Brixton Deverill", Source type: Secondary sources

Found 16 matches across 2 resources.

  • * Multiple resources - fewer than 20 results. *

    16 results from this resource, . Displaying 1 to 16 View more

    Pertwood

    the congregation sometimes numbered 40 and was said to have much increased of late. Fairly substantial numbers came from Brixton Deverill to attend the services. In that year there was one baptism within the church and one burial in the Victoria County History

    Warminster Church

    he and his successor Edward Chubb , were canons of Salisbury , 4 and Chubb held the living of Brixton Deverill in plurality from 1710, 5 but both appear to have resided regularly at Warminster . Chubb was succeeded in Victoria County History

    Agriculture 1500-1793

    29 horses on the farms in the township, whereas afterwards there were only 4 farmers employing 19 horses. At Brixton Deverill , instead of 6 men employing 43 horses, there were 3 men employing 26 horses. Horses and wage-workers were Victoria County History

    Keevil

    younger brother. 48 His grandson, Thomas Lambert , sold Keevil to William Beach , son of William Beach of Brixton Deverill and Fittleton , in 1681 . 49 It descended to his grandson William, who died in 1790 leaving an Victoria County History

    The woollen industry before 1550

    afforded by the returns for the hundred of Heytesbury . 48 High up the Wylye at Hill Deverill and Brixton Deverill 3 men described as fullers were listed, and 3 described as weavers. On a four-mile stretch of the river Victoria County History

    Roads Turnpike roads

    in the Mendip Hills . 3 The line of this last road is conjectural west of Pertwood Down in Brixton Deverill ; 4 if it did continue to the Mendip Hills it was the only Roman road in the county Victoria County History

    Fifteenths and tenths, 1334

    Orcheston [ St. George ] 64 0 Tytherington (in Heytesbury ) 38 0 Upton Lovell 45 0 Whitecliff (in Brixton Deverill ) 6 8 Highworth Hundred 1,321 s . 8 d . s . d . Blunsdon, Broad 66 8 Victoria County History

    Steeple Ashton Steeple Ashton parish 1818

    66 Most, if not all, of the lands passed to John's sister Agnes, who married William of Whitecliff in Brixton Deverill . 67 In 1340 William was said to hold two properties, each of two virgates in West Ashton . Victoria County History

    INDEX A-J

    Bristol, market, British and Foreign Unitarian Association, British Museum , Britte (Brut), John, Britton, John, Brixi (fl. 11th cent.), Brixton Deverill , see Deverill, Brixton Brocklehurst (J. & T.) & Sons, textile manufacturers, Brocklehurst-Whiston Amalgamated, textile manufacturers, Broke, Anne, see Victoria County History

    The colleges and halls King's King's College . Sable three roses argent a chief party azure a fleur-de-lis or and gules a leopard of England .[Granted 1449 ]

    Kersey (Suff.); Withyham (Suss.); Atherstone , Wootton Wawen , and the manor of Mockley in Wootton Wawen parish (Warws.); Brixton Deverill , Ogbourne St. George and St. Andrew , and Tilshead ( Wilts .); Allerton Mauleverer (Yorks.). By the same Victoria County History

    Sport

    thence flows by an underground course into the Wylye near Kingston Deverill . The Wylye becomes permanently fishable at Brixton Deverill and, from Longbridge Deverill downsteam to its junction with the Nadder at Wilton , all the reaches which are Victoria County History

    Royal forests

    represented at forest inquisitions-(? West) Knoyle, Chaddenwick, Mere , Zeals , Stourton , Monkton Deverill , Hill Deverill , Brixton Deverill and Longbridge Deverill , Norton Bavant , Maiden Bradley , Horningsham , Sutton Veny , Heytesbury , Bishopstrow , Victoria County History

    Table of population, 1801-1951

    Wroughton Frustfield Landford Whiteparish Heytesbury Boyton Chitterne All Saints Chitterne St. Mary Codford St. Mary Codford St. Peter Deverill, Brixton Deverill, Hill Heytesbury Horningsham Imber (part of) 34 Knook Orcheston St. George Tytherington 35 Upton Lovell Highworth, Cricklade , and Victoria County History

    Index A - Z

    ; Swindon , G.W.R. works British Transport Commission , 277, 287, 290, 293 Britton , John, 72, 158-9, 387-8 Brixton Deverill , see Deverill Broad Chalke , see Chalke Broad Town , in Clyffe Pypard and Broad Hinton , 333; Victoria County History

    WESTBURY, John (d.c.1443), of Hill Deverill, Wilts.

    is last mentioned in 1443, when Henry VI, making a grant to King’s college, Cambridge, of the manor of Brixton Deverill, also gave the farm for the manor due from him for the period Easter 1442-3, which amounted to 47 History of Parliament

    STOURTON, John II (1400-62), of Stourton, Wilts.

    encountered ‘great charges’ while serving in Calais and, furthermore, had made the King a gift of the manor of Brixton Deverill, so that it might form part of the endowment of King’s college, Cambridge.[footnote]Stourton’s military service in Calais had followed History of Parliament

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.