skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Bird Street", Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 20 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    20 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Lichfield Domestic buildings and communications

    but nowhere else with such richness. Less elaborate shaped window heads are features of nos. 8-10 Bird Street , no. 17 Bird Street , and no. 15 Market Street. The use of stone architraves to emphasize the central bay can

    Lichfield Social and cultural activities

    death in 1933 it was bought by a syndicate. The Bird Street premises were demolished in 1972 , and a new office was opened at no. 17 Bird Street . 264 Frederic Brown was a Conservative, 265 and between 1883

    Lichfield History to c. 1500

    Swan in Bird Street ( 1362 ), 91 the Lion in Market Street ( 1440 ), 92 the Antelope and the Unicorn adjoining each other in Bird Street ( 1495 ), 93 the George in Bird Street , the Talbot

    Lichfield The place and street names, population and boundaries

    polite emendation. Bird Street . Newebrugge Street ( 1368 ); 79 Brigge Street ( 1400 ); 80 Brugge Street ( 1411 ); 81 Byrd Street ( 1506 ); 82 Bryd Street ( 1518 ); 83 Bird Street ( 1669 ).

    Lichfield The 20th century LICHFIELD: central area 1989

    opened from Bird Street to the Walsall and Birmingham roads, Sir Richard having contributed towards the building cost. 6 At the same time the clocktower of 1863 at the junction of the new road and Bird Street was re-erected on

    Lichfield Public services

    the friars were not to give any water away without his consent, but a public conduit was built in Bird Street south of the friary gate; it became known as Crucifix conduit from the crucifix which surmounted it. 25 By

    Lichfield Town government

    Bird Street , St. John Street , Market Street (then known as Rope Street), Bore Street, Wade Street , Conduit Street (evidently including Dam Street ), Stowe Street , Tamworth Street , and Greenhill . By 1494 the Bird Street

    Lichfield Economic history

    making saddles, harnesses, horse-collars, and sponge boots for horses in Bird Street in 1818 . The son was presumably Thomas Purden who was listed as a saddler in Bird Street in 1834 , when he was one of five saddlers

    The City of Coventry List of streets Street plan in 1923

    Sir Thomas White's trustees (see Bird Street ). WHITE STREET * (constructed 1848-51 ) 48 was one of the streets made by the corporation on land purchased from Sir Thomas White's trustees (see Bird Street ). WHITEFRIARS LANE* (Whitefrere lane,

    Lichfield Manors and other estates

    the town. 22 A rental of 1497-8 23 shows the extent of their property, which included the Swan in Bird Street (acquired in 1362 ), 24 two inns in Beacon Street , the Talbot on the site of the later

    Friaries The Franciscan friars of Lichfield

    already in occupation. 39 The friary stood in the south-west part of the city on the west side of Bird Street and St. John Street . The site is crossed by Friary Road, built in the 1920s , 40 but

    Lichfield The 19th century LICHFIELD 1989

    a corn exchange and savings b ank in Conduit Street ( 1849 ), a public library and museum in Bird Street ( 1859 ), and a police station in Wade Street ( 1898 ). Restoration of the cathedral was carried

    Lichfield Education

    commercial schools for boys in a rented house on the corner of Bird Street and Pool Walk. In 1840 it bought the adjoining house in Bird Street and built a single-storeyed schoolhouse in an Elizabethan style behind the second house

    Lichfield From the Reformation to c. 1800

    1812 . 98 An infantry regiment was formed in 1705 by Col. Luke Lillingston at the King's Head in Bird Street . In 1751 it became the 38th regiment of foot and in 1783 the 1st Staffordshire Regiment; after reorganization

    The City of Coventry The outlying parts of Coventry : Harnall, Radford , and Whitmore Park

    in 1965 , occupied a large garden near Primrose Hill House . St. Peter's was followed by St. Mark's, Bird Street , in 1869 , and All Saints , Far Gosford Street , which was consecrated in the same year.

    The City of Coventry Churches: Introduction

    All Saints , to serve the Spitalmoors district developing north of Far Gosford Street , 71 and St. Mark, Bird Street , to share with St. Peter's the responsibility for Harnall and the district north of Red Lane; and in

    The City of Coventry Churches: Churches built since 1800

    of St. Mary Magdalen , Wyken , about 1921. 6 ST. MARK , which stands at the junction of Bird Street and Stoney Stanton Road , was consecrated in 1869 . It was designed by Paull and Robinson , the

    The City of Coventry Protestant nonconformity: Places of worship

    of 434 Foleshill Road was registered for worship by the Apostolic Church in 1937 , and a church in Bird Street in 1939 . Neither was in use in 1954 , 34 but by 1965 services were being held in

    House of secular canons - Lichfield cathedral To the Reformation

    stone perimeter wall 404 with massive gatehouses at the south and west entrances. 405 He was responsible for the Bird Street and Dam Street causeways, set up about 1310 across the bishop's fish-pool; the stretch of water between them forms

    Lichfield Churches

    in St. John Street since the mid 13th century. 20 The Franciscan friary established on the west side of Bird Street and St. John Street in or shortly before 1237 and dissolved in 1538 , had a large church, and

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.