skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Ardingly", Resource: Victoria County History

Showing 1 resource containing 26 matches.

  • * Victoria County History *

    26 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. Displaying 1 to 20 View more View all

    Parishes Ardingly PARISH CHURCH of ST. PETER ARDINGLY

    Parishes ArdinglyARDINGLY Herdingele (xi cent.); Erdinglegh (xiii cent.). The parish of Ardingly has an area of 3,811 acres. In 1934 a detached portion of the parish was transferred to Balcombe . The church stands on the brow of a

    The hundred of Streat

    Lindfield Arches, Ardingly , and (West) Hoathly, 6 In 1332 these five were reduced to two, both called Lindfield . An analysis of the names of tenants paying the subsidy shows that the first included Balcombe , Hoathly, Ardingly ,

    Parishes East Chiltington The PARISH CHURCH EAST CHILTINGTON

    Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ), 82; ibid. ( Lewes ), 41. Ibid. ( Ardingly ), 82 et seq.; Bk. of J. Rowe , 205. Suss. Rec. Soc . xiv, 226. Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ), 83; Recov.

    Parishes Worth PARISH CHURCH of ST. NICHOLAS WORTH

    . x, 181. Ibid. xxxiv, 74; xiv, 317. G. Loder , Wakehurst Place , 48. In Ardingly parish. Strudgate Farm is still in Ardingly parish. Loder, op. cit. 67. Ibid. 101. Plac. de Quo Warr . (Rec. Com.), 750. Add.

    Parishes Wivelsfield PARISH CHURCH of ST. PETER & ST. JOHN the BAPTIST WIVESFIELD

    Joan married John Attree . Possibly the Busts were descendants of Richard Kentish . Ibid. Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ) 265; Suss. Rec. Soc . xx, 332; xiv, 710. Comber, op. cit. 221. Suss. Arch. Coll . xxxv,

    Parishes Balcombe

    north of the village, and continues south-east to join the Ouse , being crossed by the road from Balcombe to Ardingly . The north and north-western parts of the parish are all high forest land, and the main road on

    Parishes Cuckfield PARISH CHURCH of HOLY TRINITY CUCKFIELD

    271-2, xxxiii, 196; xxxiv, 145-6. For family connexion of Bellinghams and Bowyers, & c., see Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ), 26, 233, 318-21; ( Horsham ), 365; ( Lewes ), 10. Chan. Inq. p.m. (Ser. 2) ccxxv, 60;

    Parishes West Hoathly PARISH CHURCH of ST. MARGARET WEST HOATHLY

    of similar kind and date, with rebated central chimney-stacks, wide fire-places, and open-timbered ceilings. The White Hart Inn on the Ardingly road , is probably a 17th-century building, showing timberframing in all walls. The central chimney-stack is of 18th-century bricks.

    Parishes Slaugham PARISH CHURCH of ST. MARY SLAUGHAM

    Hen. IV, no. 48. Ibid. I Ric. III, no. 26. Add. MS. 39378, fol. 38. Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ), 179; Suss. Rec. Soc . xiv, 290. Ibid. 291, 292; Chan. Inq. p.m. (Ser. 2), cccclxvii, 187; cccclxv,

    Parishes Bolney PARISH CHURCH of ST. MARY MAGDALENE BOLNEY

    improbable that they were the same. Suss. Rec. Soc . xix. 52; Court of Req. cxxv, 5; Comber, Suss. Gen. Ardingly , 127; M.I. in Bolney Church . Suss. Rec. Soc . xi x, 52; Feet of F. Suss. Mich.

    The hundred of Buttinghill

    OF BUTTINGHILL containing the parishes of Ardingly ; Balcombe ; Bolney ; Clayton ; Crawley ; Cuckfield with Haywards Heath ; West Hoathly ; Hurstpierpoint ; Keymer with Burgess Hill ; Slaugham ; Twineham ; Worth In 1086 Buttinghill Hundred

    Old and New Shoreham Education

    w here Nathaniel Woodard was curate, and were moved respectively to Lancing (in 1857 ), Hurstpierpoint (in 1850 ), and Ardingly (in 1870 ). 69 The first school was originally started for the sons of ships' captains. 70 A private

    Parishes Keymer

    297, 115. Ibid.; Suss. Arch. Coll . liv, 16. Cf. Suss. Rec. Soc . xiv, 729. Comber, Suss. Gen. ( Ardingly ) , 263-4; Suss. Rec. Soc . xix, 251; Egerton MS. 1967, fol. 35. Suss. Arch. Coll . liv,

    Parishes Rottingdean BALSDEAN CHAPEL PARISH CHURCH of ST. MARGARET ROTTINGDEAN

    Gen. ( Ardingly ) , 69. Fines (Suss. Rec. Soc. xix), 91. Ibid. Bk. of J. Rowe (Suss. Rec. Soc. xxxiv), 63. Scrase may have held it, perhaps as tenant, in 1603 . Comber, Suss. Gen. ( Ardingly ) ,

    Parishes Fulking

    xxxiv, 205. Ibid. x, 40. Ibid. xxiii, 1360. Ibid. 1796. Ibid. iii, 86; xiv, 292. Cf. Comber, Suss. Gen. ( Ardingly ) , 183. Suss. Rec. Soc . xxxiv, 205. Chan. I nq. p.m. (Ser. 2), cccclxvii, 187; Comber, loc.

    Parishes Stanmer

    287. Ibid. Ibid.; Chan. Inq. p.m. (Ser. 2), dccxliii, 13. Ibid. Add. MS. 39502, fol. 289; Comber, Suss. Gen. ( Ardingly ), 264. Add. MS. 5684, fols. 118-20; Fines (Suss. Rec. Soc. xx), 414. Comber, loc. cit. Fines (Suss. Rec.

    Parishes Newick PARISH CHURCH of ST. MARY NEWICK

    xli, 213. Suss. Rec. Soc . xxxiv, 138. Add. MS. 39499, fols. 30, 38; cf. Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ), 20-1. Recov. R. Trin. 35 Chas. II, ro. 156. Add MS . 39499, fol. 30; Suss. Rec. Soc

    Parishes Chailey PARISH CHURCH of ST. PETER CHAILEY

    no. 102. Fines (Suss. Rec. Soc. xx), 317; Recov. R. 35 Chas. II, ro. 166; cf. Comber, Suss. Gen. ( Ardingly ) , 21. The land s of this manor are nearly all in Chailey parish, although the manor house

    Parishes Westmeston PARISH CHURCH of ST. MARTIN WESTMESTON

    Ser . 2), bdle. 422, no. 10. Suss. Rec. Soc . xxix, 609, 619, 620; Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Ardingly ), 264-5. Suss. Rec. Soc . xxix, 610; xx, 306, 484. Comber, Suss. Gen . ( Lewes ), 96-102.

    Parishes Falmer

    154. Harl. MS. 392, fol. 25. Ibid. fol. 25 d. Ibid. fols. 26, 27. Add. MS. 39488, fol. 247. In Ardingly parish, Buttinghill Hund. John Gaynesford's daughter Agnes married Sir John Culpeper before 1460: Suss. Arch. Coll . xlvii, 58.

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.