skip to the main content area of this page

Search results

You searched for: Place: "Alverton"

Found 1,108 matches across 8 resources.

  • * Victoria County History *

    8 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Friaries The white friars of Northallerton

    church ( 1372 ?). 8 His son, Ralph de Nevill, first Earl of Westmorland , left the friars of ' Alverton ' in 1424 £40 'to repair and build the kitchen and other houses.' 9 Among other bequests may be

    Houses of Benedictine nuns Priory of St Stephen , Foukeholm

    the time of King John , 1 when Maud , widow of William , brought an action against Robert de Alverton and the prioress of St. Stephen's, about her dower in a toft of land at Thirsk . It is

    RELIGIOUS HOUSES Introduction

    but in neither case does the design seem to have been carried out. In the same way Master William de Alverton 's proposed foundation of Austin Friars at Northallerton in 1340 , 4 and the house of Minoresses which Sir

    Friaries Black friars of Beverley

    alms several times between 1299 and 1304 , through friars Richard of St. Nicholas, Walter of Grimsby , Thomas of Alverton , and Luke of Woodford , his confessor. From the sums given it appears the brethren numbered thirty-two or

    Hospitals Bagby - Brompton Bridge

    , granted to the hospital of St. Leonard land in Bagby , 2 as did Emma daughter of Gikel de Alverton . The site of the hospital can yet be traced in a field west of the. village. A farm-house,

  • * Cause Papers in the Diocesan Courts of the Archbishopric of York, 1300-1858 *

    9 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    CP.G.1784

    (YorkshireNorthRiding) Place(s): West Rounton (Westrongeton) : ecclesiastical parish Yorkshire, North Riding Allertonshire (Alvertonshyre) : undefined Location: Northallerton (YorkshireNorthRiding) Place(s): Northallerton (Alverton) : town <p><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2

    CP.H.5636

    [Unthanke] Role: plaintiff Details: male Notes: farmer of tithes in Northallerton Participant: John Hopton [Hopton] Role: defendant Details: male; armiger Location: York (Ebor) : city Location: Northallerton (YorkshireNorthRiding) Place(s): Northallerton (North Allerton, Alverton) : ecclesiastical parish Brompton (Brompton) : undefined

    CP.H.5561

    undefined Wakefield, All Saints (Wakefeild) : ecclesiastical parish Participant: Robert Kirk [Kirke] Role: witness Details: male; 34 Employment: clothmaker Location: Wakefield, All Saints (YorkshireWestRiding) Place(s): Alverthorpe (Alverton) : undefined Wakefield, All Saints (YorkshireWestRiding) Wakefield, All Saints (Wakefeild) : ecclesiastical parish

    CP.H.2284

    CP.H.2284 Reference:CP.H.2284 Repository:Borthwick Institute GB 193 Court:undefined Case:Testamentary (failure to follow procedure) Details:3 Pieces; No deposition; No libel; No sentence Outcome: Date: 9/6/1638 - 9/6/1638 People & Places Participant: Helen Crossley [Crosley] Role: plaintiff Details: female; widow of Christopher

    CP.G.2040

    testator Participant: Alison Close [Close] Role: testator Details: female; spinster, deceased Location: Northallerton (YorkshireNorthRiding) Place(s): Northallerton (Northallnerton, Northallerton, Allerton, North Alverton) : town Participant: John Farley [Farley] Role: prosecution proctor Details: male Employment: Notary Public Participant: Richard Wilson [Wilson] Role:

  • * British History Online * *

    20 results from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Index, A

    10), 902 (9), 950 (4), 972, 985 (2), 1024, 1075 (8), 1091, 1101, 1111, 1114 (3), 1149, 1242 (6), 1258. Alverton , see Northallerton. Ambleteuse (Pas-de-Calais), 148. Amboise (Indre-et-Loire), 472. Amiens , 579 (2), 675, 705, 732, 740 (2), 780,

    Addenda, 01 January 1671-30 November 1671

    22 Manor of Dousby, co. Lincoln 291 38a Lands lately belonging to the College of Tattershall, co. Lincoln June 23 Alverton, co. Notts 291 38b June 28 Willome Grange, co. Notts 291 64a Sept. 22 Manor of Gedney Abbotts, co. Subscribers-only content

    Elizabeth, Febuary 1559, 1-10, 01 February 1558-10 February 1559

    the clock before noon. Received at Duresme [Durham ] 12 Feb. at 12 of the clock at noon. Received at Alverton [Northallerton ] 13 Feb. at 12 of t he clock at noon. Received at Burrobr[idge at ] . .

    General Index, A, 01 January 1671-30 November 1671

    of Altham , Sir James, K.B., letter to Alton , Hampshire Alva , barony of, Stirlingshire, warrant for charter of Alverton , co. Notts, fee-farm rents from Ambrose , Dr. John, letter of America , grant of lands in Amherst Subscribers-only content

    Index of Subjects, M, 01 January 1693-31-Dec-1996

    Manors , named: Aldermaston. Alfreton. Alverton. Arthuret. Astwell. Bagshot. Bardney. Barford St. Michael. Barrow. Barton. Beedon. Beggis. Berkhampstead. Bessels Leigh. Beverley. Bewcastle. Bisley. Blackhall. Blarny. Bonealva. Bormans. Boxford. Boxworth. Brackenswheelsse. Bradbury. Bradford. Bradnineh. Brampton. Brigstock. Bromfield and Yale. Brough. Buckland.

  • * British Newspapers 1600-1900 * *

    889 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    hearing of Miss Chrystal's likelihood, at last, tomarrySirJohn Spottiswoode. Higgins thinks it a very pretty match, and he has visited Alverton more than once, and admires the place extremely. For ever and a day !-to think of Miss Chrystal's turn Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    a ehair--Mr. Lupton, of Stratford, was appointed medical h officer of the workhouse, public vaccinator, and medicalA officer of the Alverton assi Velford'districts, the combined Isalary of which' is abosit £200. per annum. There were a Itwo other applications for Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    3 CLASS 23.-PorrTErss.-(Laego eiZe4)-BrTrn1rns.-Firet lprize . 1 Exhibitor, Mr. Andrew Guy, Eaton Grantimam ; breeder, A. J: B3 Andrews, BEsq, Alverton, Notts. "Nell." Age, IS months. Second prize : Exhibitor and breeder, J. Coutte. Antrobus, Baq., f Eaton Ball, Congleton. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    r. SAMUEF, J. AlTerImAf.L., NcwXport, MoniaofutlShirc, formerly of C/ardiff, grocer and provisiool dealer. JoIIX EvANs, Abertillery, Itlossouth, grocer. CrsIm.mraS GUNTrEs, Alverton, (.Iloucester, farsseraandcerpenter. NVeLLIAsll RoBINS, Briotol, ioaae painter. Ti'OsiAlI 1.. DlAVmn.s, Bristol, wholesale tea and cigar dealer. JOHN J. D. Subscribers-only content

    British Newspapers 1600-1900

    131RM[NGH AI'I SIA.REJ ~L1ST.-YESTnPRDAY. t I i RmIsinss StM. 100 20 Stio. Stir. l4b 100 510 20 10 100 flu 10 50 12) 20 10 50 5 10 1 1 10 10 10 10 10 I0 10( 10 El Subscribers-only content

  • * The History of Parliament *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    LEEK, William, of Screveton, Notts.

    Screveton, Car Colston and Kirby Bellars upon feoffees (including his brother, Sir John); and not long afterwards other property in Alverton came into their hands as well. Following Sir John’s example, William decided to contract for a term of military

  • * House of Commons Parliamentary Papers * *

    169 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    12 June 1804, 12 June 1804

    Houfe of Peers; and to adjourn as they pleafe. Hodie 2a vice lecla eft Billa, intituled, &quot; An Aft for Alverton &quot; enclofing Lands in the Townfhip or Hamlet of AU Enclofuie &quot; verton, in the County of Nottingham.&quot; Eil1&quot; Subscribers-only content

    15 June 1804, 15 June 1804

    to whom the Bill, intituled, &quot; An Endofore &quot; Act for enclofing Lands in the Townfhip or Hamlet &quot; of Alverton, in the County of Nottingham&quot; was committed. The Lord Walfingham made the like Report from the Binbrookr, Lords Committees, Subscribers-only content

    29 July 1822, 29 July 1822

    as Homines or Milites &quot; of Earl Alan: Some of these Lands are in Alreton, &quot; probably the same as Alverton, and may have been the &apos;•&apos; Lands belonging to Earl Swein after mentioned, though &quot; the Name of Earl Subscribers-only content

    29 July 1822, 29 July 1822

    comprising the whole of the &quot; Possessions of the Family of Britanny in England: &quot; The Grant before stated of Alverton to the Church of &quot; DurJiam, as Earl Svoein had it, except what Earl Alan &quot; had &quot; in Subscribers-only content

    29 July 1822, 29 July 1822

    Fanelore, in Berks, and also Stowe, &quot; in Northamptonshire, Alverton and Trewarnayl, in Corn- &quot; wall, Chilton Foliot, in Wilts, and Shireborne, in Oxford- &quot; shire, with other Lands : Alverton and Trewarnayl « appear by the Inquisition to have Subscribers-only content

  • * 19th Century British Pamphlets * *

    11 results from this resource, ordered by date. View more View all

    Half a century of Penzance: 1825-1875, 1878

    the market. A show or two frequently used to establish themselves opposite the Star Hotel . The open space in Alverton is not of ancient date. At the beginning of this century there were two narrow lanes leading westward, the Subscribers-only content

    Half a century of Penzance: 1825-1875, 1878

    side. Alverton Vean was built by Mr. T. F. Barham , whose father for many years resided at Leskin- nick. Hawke ' s cottage, tradition says, was once the home of Admiral Pellew (Lord Exmouth ). Captain Coffin built Alverton Subscribers-only content

    Half a century of Penzance: 1825-1875, 1878

    successor, remaining for a time I believe in the same house. She then mi¬ grated for a short period in Alverton , but soon returned to Chapel Street, first to the house formally occupied by the Gwavas family, and afterwards Subscribers-only content

    Half a century of Penzance: 1825-1875, 1878

    of great length, being the upper part of Market-jew Street, the Green Market , a little way up Causewayhead , Alverton , and finishing with Chapel Street. The Rev. C. V. Le Grice held the living of St. Mary ' Subscribers-only content

    Half a century of Penzance: 1825-1875, 1878

    but only lately completed ; and lastly, that great ornament to the town the Public Buildings. These are situated in Alverton , on what were the Church fields. The founda¬ tion stones were laid in 1864 , and the buildings Subscribers-only content

  • * The Clergy of the Church of England Database *

    1 result from this resource, ordered by relevance. View more View all

    Thomas Broad, 12/7/1662

    Subscription Evidence Record CCEd Record ID: 61915 Linked to person: Broad, Thomas 1662-1703 Close Window Evidence CLERICAL DETAIL Surname Broad Forename Thomas Title Qualification MA University College Year EVENT TYPE Type Others Date 12/7/1662 Office/Status Vicar Clerical Status Location

Workspace options

Save this search to your workspace

Save checked results (you can make connections from your workspace)

Save and connect checked results to an existing connection

Don't have an account?

Register now to set up your own personal workspace

Bookmarking options

Download options

Click the checkbox next to each item

Donations

As a not-for-profit service, we welcome donations from our users.